It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Yes, the password uses the greater than and less than symbols. ( < >)

From your query, you're suspecting that those symbols might be the cause of the problem?
Thanks. I guessed from your query that the symbols were preventing the downloader from accepting my account password. Changed the account password and included no special symbols in the new password. Downloader works fine now. Again, my thanks.
diskipulus: Thanks. I guessed from your query that the symbols were preventing the downloader from accepting my account password. Changed the account password and included no special symbols in the new password. Downloader works fine now. Again, my thanks.
We'll fix this problem in the next update nevertheless, thanks.
i have a problem with signing in to the downloader, it will not accept either my username or password, im not sure which one, however they are both correct, can someone help me please? :P
tayloroshea: i have a problem with signing in to the downloader, it will not accept either my username or password, im not sure which one, however they are both correct, can someone help me please? :P
Could you provide any more details? Like, do you have special characters in your password, are you getting any error messages, etc.
its okay, i have sorted it out i had a '<' in my password, but thanks anyway :D
-sigh- that would be nice to download but like i said before, my computer simply will not download it. I can download anything small from gog but for some reason, my computer is blocking me from downloading any game or even the gog downloader itself.

Im out of ideas. And i am a computer buff :\
For future refrence if anyone else has this issue, I found the solution. Creating a new account on your computer is one effective solution to bybassing hte security issue that may arrise somehow. I solved the problem. Thanks all!
rogerwilliams777: For future refrence if anyone else has this issue, I found the solution. Creating a new account on your computer is one effective solution to bybassing hte security issue that may arrise somehow. I solved the problem. Thanks all!
Just to clarify, are you able to download stuff from your original account after you briefly used the newly created account?
The stable one for me is not stable at all. It crashes a lot. Trying beta now.

Nope crashes just as much as stable.

=/

My computer no like! =(
Post edited August 06, 2012 by MonthOLDpickle
Yeah can confirm that the DL manager is unstable at best, trying to download anything results in it crashing.

Running Win7 with a core i7 and 8gigs of RAM.
rogerwilliams777: For future refrence if anyone else has this issue, I found the solution. Creating a new account on your computer is one effective solution to bybassing hte security issue that may arrise somehow. I solved the problem. Thanks all!
Firek: Just to clarify, are you able to download stuff from your original account after you briefly used the newly created account?
I'm not sure, but this is reading like you and rogerwilliams777 are talking about two different accounts. It reads like you're talking about his GOG account, but if I read his post right he's talking about creating a new Windows account on his own computer. In other words, create a new user I guess.

Sorry if this was out of place, just thought since you hadn't got a reply yet I'd see if this helps... or not.
OldFatGuy: I'm not sure, but this is reading like you and rogerwilliams777 are talking about two different accounts. It reads like you're talking about his GOG account, but if I read his post right he's talking about creating a new Windows account on his own computer. In other words, create a new user I guess.

Sorry if this was out of place, just thought since you hadn't got a reply yet I'd see if this helps... or not.
Derp... Yeah, that makes much more sense, I completely missed the "on your computer" part. :O Thanks a lot.

I suspect that some third-party software on rogerwilliams777's account is responsible. It may not have been launched on the new user account.
Firek: I suspect that some third-party software on rogerwilliams777's account is responsible. It may not have been launched on the new user account.
Yeah, either that or it was some sort of WIndows security setting for that user that limited the size of downloads that user was allowed. I don't know if that's one of the things you can set on Windows for individual users, but if so, that could be it too since he said he could download anything small but no games or the installer itself.
I wasnt refering to the GOG account, i was refering to my personal computer admin account. For whatever reason, my internet was stopping me from downloading exe files no matter what i did to change it to accepting all downloads