It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
It dosn't let me log in... my email is in lowe-case and my password dosn't use any special symbol I even changed it to try and it still dosnt let me log in...

Plz I want to play TW2 enhanced edition!
Di-Dorval: It dosn't let me log in... my email is in lowe-case and my password dosn't use any special symbol I even changed it to try and it still dosnt let me log in...

Plz I want to play TW2 enhanced edition!
Please do include windows version AND downloader version with the bug reports
Post edited April 19, 2012 by Destro
EH I use WIndows 7 and for the downloader well its written beta in a corner...
and 0.9.1372 wtv it means.
Di-Dorval: EH I use WIndows 7 and for the downloader well its written beta in a corner...
and 0.9.1372 wtv it means.
This is a 1-year old downloader - not the current one. Please go to gog.com/downloader for the 3.0 release or check the post pinned on top for the 3.1 beta release :)
yotoon: There seems to be a problem with my e-mail address.
My e-mail is formed like so: name.surname+gog@gmail.com

The site logs me in without a problem, but the downloaded keeps saying my e-mail/pass is incorrect.
This is a known issue and will be fixed with the new release. For now you can change your login, sorry for the problem.
ah well this seems to work!

Thanks a lot!

But is it normal it starts the download all over again...
I have encountered a .NET Framework error with the current stable version of downloader (3.0.25.0)

It does not appear to be a problem other than being annoying.
When it happens, a popup show up and the download will stop.
I can make it go away by clicking Continue.

Here is the info from Details and a screenshot:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GOGCompanionApp.AppWindow.NotificationsTimer_Tick(Object obj, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6111 (Win8RTM.050727-6100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GOG.com Downloader
Assembly Version: 3.0.25.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.25
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/GOG.com/GOG.com%20Downloader.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.6111 (Win8RTM.050727-6100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting .dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
PresentationFramework
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.6920.6111 built by: Win8RTM
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.6111 built by: Win8RTM
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramewor k.Aero.dll
System.Web.Extensions
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.6111
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Web
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Attachments:
I'm using the stable version of the downloader and everything had been working just fine until yesterday. I had left TW2 and extras downloading overnight. The game was downloaded and merged fine, some pieces weren't deleted after the merge though but I deleted them manually. Then it started downloading the extras and after 3 or 4 successful downloads it crashes and forces me to close it when it was merging one file. Now, everytime I start the downloader it crashes but I can keep it running until I press the Ok button in the window with the error message. While it is running I can see that the last file it's still merging but never finishes and the next one keeps getting downloaded.
i have a problem with the beta... it stop downloading and said 'error chunk 1, contact support" or something like that...
altairgampes: i have a problem with the beta... it stop downloading and said 'error chunk 1, contact support" or something like that...
Please restart the downloader this should help on most cases. If not try closing the Downloader, remove bin files from C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\GOG.com and restart the app. Re-add the game.

We're in a home stretch with the update, so this hopefully resolves this problem.
I don't seem to be having much success in downloading the extras. Are they automatically downloaded or do you request them separately? Everytime I try to download them, it asks permission to open the gog downloader which I allow and then the downloader reports it is fetching game data and then" ! ID cannot fetch game details, please use our contact form".

Am I doing something wrong here?

Using downloader beta 0.9.0.1376

Version 3.0 appears to work fine.....my mistake not using latest version
Post edited April 22, 2012 by timeforaction
I'm using 3.0.25.0 and I'm having some major issues downloading Witcher 2 through it. I've tried 3 times, and each time it's stalled out at 14.94 GB out of 14.99 GB downloaded. It doesn't matter if I pause/resume. It just won't finish no matter what I do.

Anyone have any thoughts on where it might be screwing up?
I uninstalled the downloader again and reinstalled and it seems to be working. I could have sworn that I had done so previously. The only thing I can think of is that I ran a program to clear out the gunk from my registry in the mean time.

Anyways, the 3.1 beta seems to be working fine now for me on Win 7 64
Starkrun: So Ive started to re-downloading my entire collection for the patch update notification... 87GB of data... since I'll be using the native naming convention I'm hoping I'll never need to do this again to receive updates and notices ^_^
Destro: Patch notifications will pushed from the My Account to the Downloader when a patch (or other extra) will be added to a game you've purchased earlier. You don't need to have your entire My Account downloaded for this to work.
Please be more specific how this works.
I have 100+ games downloaded locally by v0.9 downloader for some time now and DON'T keep neither the original (gog default) folder naming nor continuous track on each title development. All PDF and map goodies are kept extracted from archives.

Downloader v3025 installed today doesn't show any new events not even taskbar itself. Otherwise works OK, it logs in, downloads, works with goodies packs, looks less blackish and holds fast to 100% bandwith in the house and neighbouring quarters ;-)

Now you say the information on new content is pushed from My Account, leaving few questions:

a) Since when, purchase date or today or last download or else?
b) Is it possible that I own 100+ titles with no updates?
c) Is there any (good old fashioned) way to find out, like timestamped changelog for each title? (would rather save time of manual checking all eight hundred so-far-downloaded-files)

AND now for something completely different:
d) Do you plan to add 'carbon' color option (or black, we like it black at night, you know 8-))?

Thx
temia: snip
The game updates notification is still a &quot;work in progress&quot; feature still, so that's why you haven't seen any game updates in yet :). However, notifications about forum replies or new PMs are in the Downloader already.

We will give a better overview of how it works when it launches, but what I can tell you right now is that it will notify you about new game patches (once these start appearing for our newer games), new bonus contents added and, in some cases, about changes made to the game masters (for example, if we add game's expansion pack to the installer). The notifications will appear both next to My Account in menu as well as in the Downloader.

For various technical reasons, we can't show notifications for goodies and etc added in the past - only for the new files added/updated after the feature launches. But this feature apply mostly to the newer games, not to the classics - in vast majority of cases, if we changed anything with one of the classic releases, it was usually a matter of fixing some small typo in installer, readme or similar - so unless you have a problem with any of the owned games I don't thing there's any reason to redownload it.

Also, we don't have any plans ATM for skinning the downloader or doing alternative design's for it - we're happy with the current one as it finally matches GOG look and feel pretty nicely.
Post edited April 23, 2012 by Destro