It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
sonic2041: now when I open the downloader to download a recent purchase there is nothing listed in the downloader, and I can't use it to download anything.
The Downloader does not keep a persistent list of the games on your account. You need to go to the My Games page and add the games and/or bonus content you want to the Downloader.
Thanks, I did not realize that. I got it to work now. I guess I forgot how it worked since I last used it. Everything is working fine now.
Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request but here goes anyway. :)

1. Downloader version (found under settings)

2. OS version

Win7Pro

3. OS language

English

it'd be nice if it saved its download queue. I accidentally turned my PC off at the power switch and lost the entire thing. Requeuing was a pain. :/

Also, as an aside, it'd be nice if we could point the downloader at our collections and hit a 'verify' button. It'd then go and check everything and queue missing/corrupt stuff for download.

Thanks
Can we please get a changelog?
Just a little not about the downloader.

I had been trying to download things for about a week and the downloader kept crashing everytime I hit a download link in my games list.

Finally realised that it was because I had previously been downloading to an external hard drive that wasn't connected anymore. So the downloader crashed.

Just letting you know, maybe a fix that got it to have you change download location instead of crashing would help :)
hi there

i have downloaded a game but wen it CAME TO THE FINISH OF THE DOWLOAD IT STOPED AND JUST SAYES ITS STILL DOWNLOADING IT WHAT CAN I DO
Running 3.3.5.0 (Stable) in Win7Pro in English.

I saw that I had a few games with updates, so I went to a game, turned GOG Downloader on, then queued both the game and the extras. The download looks like it went well - several downloads, all green. When I look in the downloaded folder, I see 1 file with today's date and all of the other files with last year's date (original download).

It appears as though the GOG Downloader does not overwrite existing files if they are the same. Is this accurate? Or are there cases where I need to delete the old files first to ensure current, updated content?
crodgers: It appears as though the GOG Downloader does not overwrite existing files if they are the same. Is this accurate? Or are there cases where I need to delete the old files first to ensure current, updated content?
The downloader looks at filename and filesize, if those match what it's expecting it assumes it's the correct file and doesn't redownload it. When it finishes downloading an installer (but not a patch, a bonus or a Mac installer atm), it will do an integrity check as well.
An option to verify hashes would be better, though it will take quite a bit more time to do the check.
crodgers: It appears as though the GOG Downloader does not overwrite existing files if they are the same. Is this accurate? Or are there cases where I need to delete the old files first to ensure current, updated content?
JMich: The downloader looks at filename and filesize, if those match what it's expecting it assumes it's the correct file and doesn't redownload it. When it finishes downloading an installer (but not a patch, a bonus or a Mac installer atm), it will do an integrity check as well.
An option to verify hashes would be better, though it will take quite a bit more time to do the check.
I would definitely like to see that as an option for prevalidation of existing targets. Always check name and size. If that matches, then optionally perform a hash check if that option is configured. If possible, it would be nice to have it optional for the different objects you mentioned - installs, patches, extras. That would help ensure that we do not have corruption on target side.

I see that sometimes the installer has a version number after it. Does this mean that sometimes I will get the "updated" items, but also be left with old, outdated files that should be deleted?
crodgers: I see that sometimes the installer has a version number after it. Does this mean that sometimes I will get the "updated" items, but also be left with old, outdated files that should be deleted?
Yes. The downloader is only checking for the files it's trying to download, it won't check for any other files, no matter if they are called "setup_arcanum.exe", "folder.jpg", "widescreen mod.zip" or anything else. If the file isn't on the downloader's list, the downloader won't interact with it.
The downloader has not been working well for me for months now. At one point it was reliable. Ive been relying on direct http downloads for a while. I would like to get the pause/resume download feature back, so here are the details of my last attempt with the downloader.

In the previous versions I had a lot of failures on checsum0, but I think the latest versions may have fixed that.

So I have the latest version and I though queueing up the updated wing commanders might be a good test.

So it appears from the GUI that WC 1/2 almost finished 48.25 of 48.71. But I ran the setup file and it worked, so the download appears to have finished.
Privateer appears to have started and is about 3/4 way through, but is paused.
I tried to pause and resume all downloads, but no change. The setup is detected as corrupt so it is not complete.

Ive pastbined the log from this session: http://pastebin.com/HJ2z1PTy

Update: I removed WC 1/2 from the list and now Privateer has resumed downloading.

Update: Nope checksum error....if the download app has the ability to pause and resume why cant it do retries.

Heres the log details:
12:41:51 PM Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/
12:41:51 PM Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/ successed?:True
12:42:10 PM Downloader 0 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/file/wing_commander_privateer/1_installer_0
12:42:11 PM Downloader 0 Request https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/file/wing_commander_privateer/1_installer_0 successed?:True
currentDownload.Escaped_title: wing_commander_privateer fileNumber:1_installer_0
12:42:11 PM Downloading chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.0 bytes range(0 - 10485759)
12:42:11 PM Downloading chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.6 bytes range(62914560 - 73400319)
12:42:11 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.0 correct
12:42:11 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.6 correct
12:42:11 PM Downloading chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.4 bytes range(41943040 - 52428799)
12:42:11 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.4 correct
12:42:11 PM Downloading chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.2 bytes range(20971520 - 31457279)
12:42:11 PM Downloading chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.8 bytes range(83886080 - 94371839)
12:42:11 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.2 correct
12:42:11 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.8 correct
12:42:11 PM Downloading chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.7 bytes range(73400320 - 83886079)
12:42:11 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.7 correct
InvalidOperationException on Downloader 3
Stack trace: at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at GOGCompanionApp.Worker.DownloadChunk(Object downloadObject) in C:\gog dowloader - beta\GOG.com Companion\Worker.cs:line 1735
Inner exception:
12:44:34 PM Invalid checksum on chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.6
12:44:34 PM Chunk checksum: ee4db460864db6d73ce0a257875f362d
12:44:34 PM File checksum: 6f88fe8bbe3c6420b1a4a9fe624cf78a
12:44:34 PM 87415508 size on chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.6
12:44:35 PM Downloading chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.6 bytes range(62914560 - 73400319)
12:44:35 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.6 correct
12:44:51 PM Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/
12:44:52 PM Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/ successed?:True
InvalidOperationException on Downloader 1
Stack trace: at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at GOGCompanionApp.Worker.DownloadChunk(Object downloadObject) in C:\gog dowloader - beta\GOG.com Companion\Worker.cs:line 1735
Inner exception:
12:45:20 PM Invalid checksum on chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.2
12:45:20 PM Chunk checksum: 0a2304e08116080a387c3dbbd268447b
12:45:20 PM File checksum: fa63898f987126aa96aa95e736d47d61
12:45:20 PM 87415508 size on chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.2
12:45:20 PM Checksum invalid on chunk setup_wing_commander_privateer_2.0.0.9.exe.2, limit reached
Post edited December 27, 2012 by pickle136
pickle136: I would like to get the pause/resume download feature back, so here are the details of my last attempt with the downloader.
Don't worry, pause-resume is currently unreliable in general.
please help, when i try to download from the site i get this message " Safari can’t open “gogdownloader://pharaoh_cleopatra/1582,pharaoh_cleopatra/1583,pharaoh_cleopatra/1584,pharaoh_cleopatra/ 1581 ” because Mac OS X doesn’t recognize Internet addresses starting with “gogdownloader:”. i have a mac os x version 10.5.8 i already bought the game and have been following the tutorial on how to run the game but this is where i get stuck
pickle136: I would like to get the pause/resume download feature back, so here are the details of my last attempt with the downloader.
jsjrodman: Don't worry, pause-resume is currently unreliable in general.
At one time it was for me, at least enough to pause the download if I needed to do something else with my limited bandwidth.
But not being able to finish a download at all is a major issue,
xhimxgirlx: please help, when i try to download from the site i get this message " Safari can’t open “gogdownloader://pharaoh_cleopatra/1582,pharaoh_cleopatra/1583,pharaoh_cleopatra/1584,pharaoh_cleopatra/ 1581 ” because Mac OS X doesn’t recognize Internet addresses starting with “gogdownloader:”. i have a mac os x version 10.5.8 i already bought the game and have been following the tutorial on how to run the game but this is where i get stuck
That's probably because you have it set to use the GOG Downloader, instead of downloading straight from your browser. Two solutions exist:

1) Turn off GOG Downloader mode on your account so that you can download the files straight from your browser. You can do this by setting "GOG.com Downloader mode" to off on the webpage just before you click to download a game.

2) Download the GOG Downloader here so that the links will open properly in it.