It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Szulak: Could you please reinstall the GOG Downloader?
I have the same problem - Online but fails to connect - tried d/l & installing again, problem persists. NO change made to install location since last d/l.
I have checked this issue (the Downloader trying to connect) and everything work fine on my end. AFAIK, there are some changes on the website which might cause these problems (they are temporary).
I am having this issue also. The downloader has me log into it, then it says online, but always connecting. I had just finished downloading witcher 1, and was in the process of downloading witcher 2 when it appeared to crash. Now it doesn't connect. i have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, even getting the stable version. Nothing works.

Updated .NET framework, but still no change.
Post edited August 05, 2013 by Kaurik
Exact same problem, mym GoG downloader was working just fine, today bought a new game and after launching GoG downloader it asks me to log in, after that it says connecting and stays at that.

So far reinstalling downloader or updating windows net3.5 suggestions did not work.

soo... is there anything at all that can be done?
year i am having with downloading, downloader just says connecting'
I have the exact same issue as Kaurik.

I set three games to download a few hours ago, and came back to my computer to find that the Downloader had apparently crashed. It managed to download the first game, but not the other two, and now it is asking me for my login information, but gets hung up after I try to login. It says "connecting" in the corner, but nothing is happening.

Is this an issue on GOG's end, or is there something I can do to fix this issue? I've reinstalled the downloader, messed with my internet settings, etc, and nothing I do helps.
Could you please remove everything from the %appdata%/GOG.com path, and restart the GOG Downloader? There was some changes on our back-end, but everything should work fine.
Szulak: Could you please remove everything from the %appdata%/GOG.com path, and restart the GOG Downloader? There was some changes on our back-end, but everything should work fine.
Is this found through the following path?

C:/Users/"name"/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/GOG.com

If so, couldn't doing this delete saved game files? Or am I looking at the wrong file path?

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, I'm an idiot. I followed the wrong file path. I'm not much of a computer whiz, lol.
Post edited August 05, 2013 by darkvamp001
Szulak: Could you please remove everything from the %appdata%/GOG.com path, and restart the GOG Downloader? There was some changes on our back-end, but everything should work fine.
Removed everything from appdata directory. After entering login details client says "Online" and "Connecting". The following is in logger.log -

16:00:13 Login started
16:00:13 Requesting https://api.gog.com/downloader2/user/stable/
16:00:13 Request data oauth_consumer_key=1e98d7a0b09c4a155b78cdb5ca09bee309355bb7&oauth_nonce=963074041&oauth_signature_meth od=HMAC- SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1375714704&oauth_token=1eeab34aa9b6d2ec257649d0fa369dc16b7d0fbf&oauth_version =1.0&oauth_s ignature=JY%2Bzha4S3pWFO4Ib3BKkv8NQ7hI%3D
16:00:13 Request https://api.gog.com/downloader2/user/stable/ successed?:True
Stack trace: at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.AssignToPropertyOrField(Object propertyValue, Object o, String memberName, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertDictionaryToObject(IDictionary`2 dictionary, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeInternal(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.AssignToPropertyOrField(Object propertyValue, Object o, String memberName, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertDictionaryToObject(IDictionary`2 dictionary, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeInternal(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToType(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize[T](String input)
at GOGCompanionApp.AppWindow.LoginUser()
Inner exception:
darkvamp001: Is this found through the following path?

If so, couldn't doing this delete saved game files? Or am I looking at the wrong file path?
It's not. The AppData\Local is also known as %localappdata%, while the %appdata% is AppData\Roaming.
Typing %appdata% as an address should direct you to the correct folder.
Hello!

I have the same problem that has been described by the other users. When the Downloader opens, it says online and "connecting...", but the download won´t start.

I have reinstalled it and deleted everything in the "name"/AppDate/Local/Gog.com folder, but it doesn´t work.
darkvamp001: Is this found through the following path?

JMich: It's not. The AppData\Local is also known as %localappdata%, while the %appdata% is AppData\Roaming.
Typing %appdata% as an address should direct you to the correct folder.
Oooooh, okay, thanks!

Does the file logger.log need to be deleted also? Because it's telling me that I can't delete it because it is currently in use. Is this because I'm currently logged in to GOG.com with the browser open on this computer? I'm not a computer whiz, so I'm not really sure how this stuff works...
darkvamp001: Does the file logger.log need to be deleted also? Because it's telling me that I can't delete it because it is currently in use. Is this because I'm currently logged in to GOG.com with the browser open on this computer? I'm not a computer whiz, so I'm not really sure how this stuff works...
logger.log is the downloader's log file. If the file is in use it's because the downloader is currently running.
It is a good idea to delete previous log files if you can reproduce an error to keep the non-relevant entries to a minimum. Keeping the log file as is means that it also has all the previous data, which may or may not be of use. If in doubt, copy it somewhere else and then delete it, so you do have a copy if Szulak or Fallen_Zen wants to take a look at it.
darkvamp001: Does the file logger.log need to be deleted also? Because it's telling me that I can't delete it because it is currently in use. Is this because I'm currently logged in to GOG.com with the browser open on this computer? I'm not a computer whiz, so I'm not really sure how this stuff works...
JMich: logger.log is the downloader's log file. If the file is in use it's because the downloader is currently running.
It is a good idea to delete previous log files if you can reproduce an error to keep the non-relevant entries to a minimum. Keeping the log file as is means that it also has all the previous data, which may or may not be of use. If in doubt, copy it somewhere else and then delete it, so you do have a copy if Szulak or Fallen_Zen wants to take a look at it.
Okay, I guess the downloader was running in the background and I was unaware of it. I closed it out and was able to empty the folder.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand.... I'm still having the same issue. So, do you think I should go into logger.log and copy it in case it can be of use?
darkvamp001: Aaaaaaaaaaaand.... I'm still having the same issue. So, do you think I should go into logger.log and copy it in case it can be of use?
No idea unfortunately. You will have to wait for Szulak or Fallen_Zen for any more ideas. The logger.log should provide some insight, but it is usually to large to paste here, so a service like pastebin.com is suggested.
The downloader should also have the option of sending it to the team, but not sure if it requires you to login before sending it or not.