It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Szulak: Usually, sensitive data (like login and password) is encrypted and it's encrypted version saved in database. Take a look on this example (it shows md5 checksum of words "Lhademmor@" and "lhademmor@"):

Lhademmor@ 40c8723e782760dee2e972b89a1a0a7a
lhademmor@ a67374848336c1660f2fad04def1693f

As you can see, just one difference ("L" and "l") changes the whole checksum - thus, you couldn't login.
I tried both. No luck. However, my password contains both capital and lower letters, but surely that can't be an issue? As I said, it works on GOG.com...

Fallen_Zen: Hey there,

Have you tried changing your password? Since when does the problem occur?
I just tried changing my password - was able to log onto GOG.com with the new password, but still no luck with the Downloader.
And I only decided to "GOG up" my MacBook Pro today, so this is the first time I'm experiencing the problem.
Lhademmor: I just tried changing my password - was able to log onto GOG.com with the new password, but still no luck with the Downloader.
And I only decided to "GOG up" my MacBook Pro today, so this is the first time I'm experiencing the problem.
Just pushed a small update to the Downloader (CMD+U), please try to log in again and then send a log file to us (Error Reporting in Settings). This should help me trace the problem.
Lhademmor: I just tried changing my password - was able to log onto GOG.com with the new password, but still no luck with the Downloader.
Fallen_Zen: Just pushed a small update to the Downloader (CMD+U), please try to log in again and then send a log file to us (Error Reporting in Settings). This should help me trace the problem.
Yay! I don't know what you did, but after updating (btw, it's really unclear that you can use CMD+U to update even when not logged in) I was finally able to login! :D
...unfortunately, when I try to download a game, I can add it to the Downloader, but it just says "Unable to fetch game details, please try again later". Not sure if that's a problem or just a minor hiccup, so... I guess I'll try again later.
Lhademmor: Yay! I don't know what you did, but after updating (btw, it's really unclear that you can use CMD+U to update even when not logged in) I was finally able to login! :D
...unfortunately, when I try to download a game, I can add it to the Downloader, but it just says "Unable to fetch game details, please try again later". Not sure if that's a problem or just a minor hiccup, so... I guess I'll try again later.
Yes, aware of the problem. Will let you know when it is resolved.
Da fuq? Now it keeps saying that I'm running 1.2 (391) and that there's an update 1.2 (392). I keep installing the update, yet every time the Downloader updates and relaunches, it says the same thing.
Strange.
Oh, and still no luck with the games...

edit: ninja. Awaiting your fix :)
Post edited April 24, 2013 by Lhademmor
Lhademmor: Da fuq? Now it keeps saying that I'm running 1.2 (391) and that there's an update 1.2 (392). I keep installing the update, yet every time the Downloader updates and relaunches, it says the same thing.
Strange.

Please check now, 393 has just been pushed.
Post edited April 24, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Hi Fallen_Zen!

Finally i detected the cause of the problem which is that you MUST uninstall completely any previous versions you could have installed before installing the last one. I even restarted the computer without success. So i decided to uninstall it with AppCleaner and re-installed the new version and now it works like a charm (cross fingers ;-)).

So, the automatic updates (i.e. pop up window within the program asking for instal and relaunch) doesn't work (at least to me with Mac OSX 10.6.8). As i've said i had to uninstall the previous one and install after the new one manually.

: GOG Downloader v1.2.393
: MacOSX v10.6.8

Hope this helps.
Post edited April 24, 2013 by pathfinder
Lhademmor: Da fuq? Now it keeps saying that I'm running 1.2 (391) and that there's an update 1.2 (392). I keep installing the update, yet every time the Downloader updates and relaunches, it says the same thing.
Strange.

Fallen_Zen: Please check now, 393 has just been pushed.
It works now :D. Really impressed with the fast support!
Lhademmor: It works now :D. Really impressed with the fast support!
Personally I hate when something isn't working for me, so I try to make it work for others ASAP ;)
Greetings,

when i click to add a game, it doesn't even go on the games list on the GoG downloader [ver.3.5.2].
i still can use the normal links and download with the built-in dowmloader of the browser.

a part of the log file that seems relevant:

01:15:56 PM Request https api[dot]gog[dot]com/downloader2/user/stable/ successed?:True
01:15:56 PM User lhosk logged in
Stack trace: at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at MS.Win32.WinInet.get_InternetCacheFolder()
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDownload.BeginDownload(BitmapDecoder decoder, Uri uri, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Stream stream)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.LateBoundBitmapDecoder..ctor(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy requestCachePolicy)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Boolean insertInDecoderCache)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeCreation()
at GOGCompanionApp.AppWindow.LoginUser()
Inner exception:
01:16:01 PM Worker -1 Requesting https api[dot]gog[dot]com/downloader2/user/stable/
01:16:05 PM Worker -1 Request https api[dot]gog[dot]com/downloader2/user/stable/ successed?:True
01:16:05 PM Downloads status: Preparing:0 Working:0 Paused:0 Ended:0 EndedWithError:0 OnList:0(0)
01:16:05 PM Worker -1 Requesting https api[dot]gog[dot]com/downloader2/status/stable/3.5.2
01:16:05 PM Worker -1 Request https api[dot]gog[dot]com/downloader2/status/stable/3.5.2 successed?:True
01:16:07 PM Serializing application state after saving settings.
I posted in this thread months earlier. I figured with all the time that passed the latest patches for the downloader would have fixed all outstanding issues. I have now the latest version installed and I'm just getting new problems that prevent me from downloading my games. This time the file said it was corrupted after it downloaded overnight..... it would not attempt to repair so the entire download (which I pay for on a bandwidth basis) was a complete waste, again...

My requests to support and customer service continue to go un-answered, I've sent several over the last few months with no response.

I have also unsubscribed from the GOG mailing list for all new sales/bundles deals as I consider GOG to be spam at this point but I am still receiving unwanted sales letters from your company even though I requested to opt out.

I literally can't get my games because my internet is slow and I require resuming functionality. Other download managers like FlashGet and Firefox's built in manager just don't work at all for me on GOG downloads but they seem to have no issues with the rest of the internet.... I have to trouble a friend when time permits to use their fast home connection to get the games I paid for.

I don't have any such issues with any similar services or regular internet downloads which all work nicely with common place resume technology support.

This has become completely unacceptable and while I am aware other fortunate GOG customers aren't having these same problems, customer service and tech support really are not stepping up to help relations and accommodate the folks that are having continued long term issues. Sorry but at this point, I give up and likely won't be back. good luck but really, no thanks
lhosk: ...
Could you go to Settings -> Report, and send a log file? I will take a look on this issue.

Jettatore: ...
If you get message about corrupted download, it means than Downloader tried to download any chunk over 10 times without success. It could be any problem with your net connection or on our back-end (server related). Anyway, I would like to see your log file, could you go to the Settings -> Report, and send me your log file?
The progress indicator on the Windows 7 taskbar is still buggy on the current stable downloader (3.5.2.0).

After finishing the download of all games and extras, the taskbar display for the GOG Downloader is filled up either at 100% (and does not go away) or filled up to some arbitrary point. I do know that this issue is only a cosmetic one, but it is really distracting when I look at the bar, as it sticks really out with the green color.

The following screenshot illustrates this (download IS 100% finished, i was able play the game): http://imgur.com/plQxAP1

Interestingly, the progress bar ONLY moves if I am downloading a game, it does not move during processing extra game stuff (artwork, manual, soundtrack, etc)
Post edited April 25, 2013 by coffeecup
coffeecup: The progress indicator on the Windows 7 taskbar is still buggy on the current stable downloader (3.5.2.0).

After finishing the download of all games and extras, the taskbar display for the GOG Downloader is filled up either at 100% (and does not go away) or filled up to some arbitrary point. I do know that this issue is only a cosmetic one, but it is really distracting when I look at the bar, as it sticks really out with the green color.

The following screenshot illustrates this (download IS 100% finished, i was able play the game): http://imgur.com/plQxAP1

Interestingly, the progress bar ONLY moves if I am downloading a game, it does not move during processing extra game stuff (artwork, manual, soundtrack, etc)
Thank you, I will add it to my todo list.
The wierdest thing has happened,i just bought neverwinter nights diamond edition which was cool and i downloaded the GOG installer to help me easily download the game i had just bought but after downloading it, when i launched the app.it won't let me sign in even after i put in my correct e-mail address and password.i have tried to sign in multiple times and it won't let me. which is very frustrating. lol.