It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I have the problem that with my DSL-RAM i have sometimes more often new connections and the gog downloader pauses the download but doesn't start to resume automatically.
How can i say him that he should try and try and try to download?
can anyone confirm, that this uses the windows "internet options" proxy settings?
i dont have much normal traffic on my universitys internet connection left and have to use their proxy cache.

thanks for an answer,
Mrj

//EDIT: just tested it. YES, it does use the windows proxy settings. thats great =)
downloading witcher 1 right now...
Post edited April 27, 2013 by mrjones2k
looks like the downloader has decided to work now. it was quite wierd that i could not sign into it for about 24 hours. ah well it's working okay now( downloaded neverwinter nights and it's working fine,yay). sorry about the earlier post.
BlackHell: I have the problem that with my DSL-RAM i have sometimes more often new connections and the gog downloader pauses the download but doesn't start to resume automatically.
How can i say him that he should try and try and try to download?
The GOG Downloader will try to download a game up to 10 times before marking it as damaged. If you constantly occurring the checksum error you should try later, since it might be your connection or our server's fault.

mcolombe: looks like the downloader has decided to work now. it was quite wierd that i could not sign into it for about 24 hours. ah well it's working okay now( downloaded neverwinter nights and it's working fine,yay). sorry about the earlier post.
I am glad to hear it works now. I suppose, it was a problem with incorrect email/password, since we hadn't any issues on a server which could cause such problems.
Hi, GOG downloader is having some issues downloading files with a digital signature at the end (the 2.x installers).

It downloads the installer, and returns the download complete message. BUT, if I add the game again, it fails the checksum verification, and the download is added to the list in a suspended state (instead of saying file complete).

When the download starts, the file chunks are verified and the download completes almost instantly.

I found out that this happens because of the digital certificate at the end of the file. It seems that the GOG downloader initially verify the checksum for the whole file, which is why it fails the verification. But when it actually starts the download, it checks the individual file chunks (not including the digital certificate), and these chunks are all ok, so the download completes almost imediately (it only takes the time to verify the chunks)

I tried removing the digital certificate part using a hex-editor, and when I added the game again to the downloader, the downloader would return that the file is ok, and didn't try to download it again anymore.

The story of why I found out about this is very long, so I won't get into details, but it has to do with the fact that I recently redownloaded my whole game collection (more than 200 games) using the downloader, and some games were corrupted after the download. (they were REALLY corrupted, not only this digital certificate issue)

That's why I'm reporting this issue, because one of the things you guys tote about the downloader is that it verifies the integrity of the file, and it isn't doing it in a thourough way...

Thanks for the attention, I hope I was at least a little bit clear... Feel free to contact me if you want me to clarify it further.
Brotoles: Hi, GOG downloader is having some issues downloading files with a digital signature at the end (the 2.x installers).

It downloads the installer, and returns the download complete message. BUT, if I add the game again, it fails the checksum verification, and the download is added to the list in a suspended state (instead of saying file complete).

When the download starts, the file chunks are verified and the download completes almost instantly.

I found out that this happens because of the digital certificate at the end of the file. It seems that the GOG downloader initially verify the checksum for the whole file, which is why it fails the verification. But when it actually starts the download, it checks the individual file chunks (not including the digital certificate), and these chunks are all ok, so the download completes almost imediately (it only takes the time to verify the chunks)

I tried removing the digital certificate part using a hex-editor, and when I added the game again to the downloader, the downloader would return that the file is ok, and didn't try to download it again anymore.

The story of why I found out about this is very long, so I won't get into details, but it has to do with the fact that I recently redownloaded my whole game collection (more than 200 games) using the downloader, and some games were corrupted after the download. (they were REALLY corrupted, not only this digital certificate issue)

That's why I'm reporting this issue, because one of the things you guys tote about the downloader is that it verifies the integrity of the file, and it isn't doing it in a thourough way...

Thanks for the attention, I hope I was at least a little bit clear... Feel free to contact me if you want me to clarify it further.
I also noticed this today. Every 6 months I redownload the whole game collection to update it and yesterday I finished doing it, but during the process I noticed that during the download of Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 2, NWN Diamond Edition and TheWitcher, it started downloading somethng during the verification process and now they are corrupt. I will try to reodwnload again in a few days.
I checked the rest of the games manually (107 so it took some time) and only those above mentioned were corrupt. I would also like to inquire if the new installer checks the integrity like the old one which actually said "checking integrity" before allowing to install. In the case of multi-file installers like NWN2 there is the option to check it before installing, but with single-file installers like IWD2 the option isn't available.
One more thing - please allow to only check the integrity of the files downloaded without having to install the games themselves and add a download all feature to the gog downloader.

Besides these bugs, everything's OK and keep up the good work!

//EDIT - while downloading the Legend of Grimrock patch it downloaded 31MB out of 15MB and just stood there.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by sharpman
Thanks for the reporting it, I will check it tomorrow. It looks like there are any server side issue.
one thing I forgot to mention. When checking the individual file chunks, it seems the downloader only does a size check.

I say this because I had a corrupt Gabriel Kinght 2 download, and everytime I added the game to the downloader, It would fail the checksum verify, but it would download instantly, as if everything was downloaded correctly. When I tried running the installer, the installer would fail because of the bad file integrity.

After I deleted the file, the downloader finally downloaded it correctly; but only because it had to dowload the WHOLE file again, not just a chunk.

I assume the downloader wasn't downloadind the chunk correctly because it wasn't verifying it's individual checksum, only its size, and the size of the chunk was allright. Look at the output of my log when trying to dowload "La Mulana", for example:

09:31:03 Instance_NewDownloadAdded called. Download: la_mulana (completed bytes 0/0)
09:31:03 Started downloading info: la_mulana
09:31:06 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/la_mulana/installer_win_en
09:31:07 Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/la_mulana/installer_win_en successed?:True
09:31:07 La Mulana info fetched
09:31:07 ended downloading info
09:31:07 fetching download sizes and chunk info for La Mulana
09:31:07 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/la_mulana/installer_win_en
09:31:08 Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/la_mulana/installer_win_en successed?:True
09:31:08 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/downloader2/file/la_mulana/en1installer0
09:31:09 Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/downloader2/file/la_mulana/en1installer0 successed?:True
09:31:09 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/downloader2/installer/la_mulana/en1installer0/crc/
09:31:11 Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/downloader2/installer/la_mulana/en1installer0/crc/ successed?:True
09:31:11 ended previous download verification - la_mulana
09:31:11 download for la_mulana is incomplete, resuming...
09:31:11 Instance_DownloadInfoRetrieved called. Download: la_mulana (completed bytes 0/195664616)

09:31:11 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.0)
09:31:11 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.3)
09:31:12 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.2)
09:31:12 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.4)
09:31:12 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.6)
09:31:12 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.5)
09:31:12 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.1)
09:31:12 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.7)
09:31:13 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.8)
09:31:13 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.9)
09:31:13 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.10)
09:31:13 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.11)
09:31:13 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.12)
09:31:14 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.13)
09:31:14 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.14)
09:31:14 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.15)
09:31:14 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.16)
09:31:14 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.17)
09:31:14 Chunk already downloaded. File: setup_la-mulana_2.0.0.7.exe.18)
09:31:14 Instance_DownloadEnded called. Download: la_mulana (completed bytes 195664616/195664616)
09:31:14 Resetting cache
09:31:14 Instance_DownloadCombined called. Download: la_mulana (completed bytes 195664616/195664616)
09:31:15 Cleaning completed download La Mulana
09:31:15 Cleaning ended

It says "chunk already downloaded", suggesting it only checked for the file size. And every time I add the game, it says that "download for la_mulana is incomplete, resuming..." message, even thought the file is complete.

Returning to the Gabriel Knight 2 case, I already had the compete file and it was corrupt, but when I readded the game to the downloader, the downloader was adding it to the queue, but it wasn't redownloading the corrupt chunk. It only returned that "Chunk already downloaded" message in the log.

If I didn't have the sensibility to erase the whole file manually, I'd still be trying to download the game unsuccessfuly through the downloader.
sharpman: //EDIT - while downloading the Legend of Grimrock patch it downloaded 31MB out of 15MB and just stood there.
I tried to download this patch, and it downloaded successfully.
sharpman: //EDIT - while downloading the Legend of Grimrock patch it downloaded 31MB out of 15MB and just stood there.
Szulak: I tried to download this patch, and it downloaded successfully.
I already had the patch and during the verification the donwloader started downloading it again. I will try again later.

EDIT - I tried redownloading the patch (just to verify if the one I have is not corrupt) and the aformentioned situation repeated. After deleting the patch form the drive it downloaded correctly, so there is something wrong with the downloaded verification process. I enclosed a printscreen from the downloader.

How can I verify if other games aren't corrupt without having to install them?
Attachments:
Post edited May 01, 2013 by sharpman
This issue seems have been introduced when they started to reused the same number version for an installer (maybe earlier don't really know)

It has been pointed out , many times ..... but personnaly i gave up.

use your browser to download files(if u really have lots of trouble) and the downloader with the pause fonction enable to verify the download

It's works aswell if you intend to check your games for new versions (those not mentionned by the notification system)

if there's a new version then clear the queue and the destination folder aswall ; and retry again. With the pause fonction the download won't start.

if u have an old version of a game & if there's an update, it can lead to the situation you mentionned , if you don't have the pause fonction enabled.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by DyNaer
sharpman: [...]
Bonus content (and most of patches) haven't md5 checksum - so the verification process is based on the file size.
can anyone confirm, that using the windows "internet options" proxy settings?? I am unable to configure setting. I don't
Know the problem either my VPN or somewhere else. an any one use this www(.)countriesvpn(.)com/german-vpn ?
I got an Error with the new Update of the Downloder : 3.5.2.0 .
I Downloaded today 2 games Comandos 2-3 ans System Shock 2 and with both i got the Downloader hanging on Complete File with Comandos it showed 2.71 of 2.7 GB and still downloading as i noticed it i exit the Downloader and startet him again ,it checked the Download and this time i showed the Download as Compled and worked his way down through the Bonus Content ,with SS2 the same happend.
Post edited May 03, 2013 by Hawksmore
As Brotoles and sharpman pointed out, I also noticed that when I use the Downloader to verify my downloaded games and check for updates, it adds the installers in a suspended state and "redownloads" them again. It looks like resuming a paused download, it skips the parts that are already on my disk and sometimes finishes instantly and sometimes it downloads some parts again.

This can lead to corrupt installer files, as I noticed with Fallout Tactics for example. I think that happens when the Downloader downloads parts of an installer it thinks are missing or out of date again.

As I have a huge collection of games from GOG, and frequently use the Downloader to update it, I now don't know which of my files are corrupt and which are not. That's bad :-( Checking them all manually would take way too much time, especially if I have to run the setup for them all and sometimes there seems to be no file integrity check before installing.