It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Best experienced with your mouse.

<span class="bold">Ghost of a Tale</span>, a gritty fantasy adventure about a little mouse facing big trouble, now in development, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

They say that history is written by the victors but sometimes the biggest truths are hidden behind a Ghost of a Tale. In this medieval world of animals, where the Mice have been marginalized by the vindictive Rats, Tilo's search for his beloved will accidentally throw him in harm's way. The little mouse minstrel is not much of a fighter, but cunning, guile, and nimbleness are forces to be reckoned with and Tilo wields them as expertly as he does his trusty lute.
Developers SeithCG are equally small in numbers and the community's input is helping them shape this endearing action/RPG into something truly special. The core stealth, exploration, and conversation mechanics are pretty much in place, but the flow of the story and exploration is still being tampered with by the team.
You can keep track of their progress through their official blog at ghostofatale.com.

Play your lute through the spooky halls of Dwindling Heights Keep as you struggle to escape your own <span class="bold">Ghost of a Tale</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 10% launch discount will last until August 1, 4:59 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9rfuK3u7_oc
Post edited July 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
I must say the artwork is truly amazing. Rustic yet magical.
Siegor: I must say the artwork is truly amazing. Rustic yet magical.
It is, i cant play 3d /fpp but the art is very good.
The less amazing thing would be only 50 votes :

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=ghost%20of%20a%20tale

The Dwarves, a kickstarter game: 12 votes only
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/the_dwarves

How come most of many voted on games arent coming (minus the EA games cause its logical EA will never release command and conquer, red alert classics and all its c&c games drm free )
Paper planes had 3 or 5 votes, and 3 other games were released which also had > 20 votes each.

So what is the use of the voting wishlist ? seems availability of a game has taken over the number of votes, which in the past was the order to release games (if possible) that had the highest numbers of votes.
looks very charming, gorgeous graphics. wishlisted
I love rats!
sigh.

i've wanted this for a very long time.

and i'm super glad it's coming to gog.

but...not indev. sorry. :(

wishlisted. will buy when it's out of development.
So cute! An anthropomorphic Bard's Tale. This could be really good, though I'll hold off until the actual release.
Siegor: I must say the artwork is truly amazing. Rustic yet magical.
gamesfreak64: It is, i cant play 3d /fpp but the art is very good.

How come most of many voted on games arent coming (minus the EA games cause its logical EA will never release command and conquer, red alert classics and all its c&c games drm free )
Paper planes had 3 or 5 votes, and 3 other games were released which also had > 20 votes each.

So what is the use of the voting wishlist ? seems availability of a game has taken over the number of votes, which in the past was the order to release games (if possible) that had the highest numbers of votes.
Wishlists are not a popularity contest, they're there to let them know which titles to spend time on. Old games take time and effort to track down IP owners, secure rights, get the go-ahead for the whole "no DRM" thing and ultimately get them working on modern systems. It's a chunk of time&effort and they want to make sure there is actually a paying audience for the title.

On the other hand, new (and especially indie) titles are practically no effort- the rights have not yet changed hands and there is no work to be put into getting the games to run, as the game's developer still exists. There is no reason to vote for them because it costs them comparatively nothing to get the game up on the service, it's just a matter of whether or not they consider the title suitable.
Post edited July 26, 2016 by Unciaa
gamesfreak64: It is, i cant play 3d /fpp but the art is very good.

Unciaa: Wishlists are not a popularity contest, they're there to let them know which titles to spend time on. Old games take time and effort to track down IP owners, secure rights, get the go-ahead for the whole "no DRM" thing and ultimately get them working on modern systems. It's a chunk of time&effort and they want to make sure there is actually a paying audience for the title.

On the other hand, new (and especially indie) titles are practically no effort- the rights have not yet changed hands and there is no work to be put into getting the games to run, as the game's developer still exists. There is no reason to vote for them because it costs them comparatively nothing to get the game up on the service, it's just a matter of whether or not they consider the title suitable.
Thanks for saving me the trouble of making the explanation. +1 =)
I saw this game at Gamescom 2014. Spoke to one of the developers. From what I remember, they were an international team of people, working from home, each contributing to this project. Very decent guy. Very indie.
I'm not normally one for cutesy games but the trailer made me sit up and get excited. The concept looks to be very interesting and cool with a mouse being the protagonist. Love the artwork style and so definitely one for the wishlist.
Well, I ended up buying this one, was going to wait until release but couldn't resist the cuteness. Played for a bit and 2 hours had gone by, graphics is stunning but what I'm enjoying the most is the story, dialogs and atmosphere. This could end up being my favorite stealth game, just have to wait until beginning of next year when the full game is released.
You can play this with a mouse!
Welcome to my wishlist, Tilo! xD

Now run along and make some friends, there are a lot of adventurers there - just like you! ;)

Oh, and give Shadwen my love! ;D
Post edited July 27, 2016 by TheOneRaziel
Definitely an interesting game and already fairly polished.
Is it all sneaking or is that just the beginning?
Fortuk: I don't pre-order or do beta's, but I've bought this as belated kickstarter support. It's clearly a passion project of the maker and I'm happy to see more games like that succeed in their ambitions. Quality so far is way beyond what I'd expect from a game like this that had a tiny budget with an equally tiny team. Very charming.

Tarhiel: Isn´t this the game from Kickstarter with the mouse in?
Fortuk: He did an indiegogo campaign a couple of years ago and brought in something like ~50.000, if I recall correctly. It's also a one-man project for the most part being done by a professional animator.
Ah, thank for clarification, I knew I remembered it ffrom somewhere :)
Indiegogo is it then.

Wishlisted :)