It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone up for a quiet protest of every reply to every GOG created thread pointing GOG to this thread?

Edit:

Vote for my wishlist entry: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/gog_should_fix_the_issues_with_the_unbundling
Post edited April 13, 2015 by Kristian
Kristian: Anyone up for a quiet protest of every reply to every GOG created thread pointing GOG to this thread?
Well... There are two different Blues posting on the thread to the Bundle Tower Sale (which is barely 3 pages long).
Post edited April 13, 2015 by real.geizterfahr
moonshineshadow: Perhaps we should post messages to them in the gog galaxy thread. There are at least four to five blues posting there, probably the best chance to ever get an answer.
phaolo: That's a good idea to try.
I think the blues in the Galaxy thread are the developers of the client. Not sure if they have something to do with the unbundling and other webpage-related stuff.
PaterAlf: I think the blues in the Galaxy thread are the developers of the client. Not sure if they have something to do with the unbundling and other webpage-related stuff.
But they know/work together with the GOG staffers responsible for the unbundling and xan forward requests to them and ask them about.
Post edited April 13, 2015 by Kristian
PaterAlf: I think the blues in the Galaxy thread are the developers of the client. Not sure if they have something to do with the unbundling and other webpage-related stuff.
I wrote in the galaxy thread and asked them if they could answer the questions here or ask someone from the gog team to answer. Let's see if it helps.
high rated
Today is Monday, April 13, 2015.

The full, week-long, unbundling has begun 28 days ago and has apparently not ended yet, leaving the library in a half-broken state (no update notifications, no links to game pages/forums for unbundled games, broken file links, even more product_bonuses, etc.).

A blue has not posted in this thread in the last 26 days (post #631, i.e. 847 posts ago).

GOG, to assist you:
- Here is the list of most of the issues raised in this thread. A few more issues have been raised after I had posted that list, but given your overwhelming response, I did not collect them. I will gladly do so if you want me to.
- Here is the list of those you have already fixed, AFAIK.
- And in case you are not reading this thread (it might not be your "favourite topic", after all), I also left you a message here.

Goglodytes, perhaps as moonshineshadow, phaolo, Kristian and others have recently suggested, we could try to politely draw a blue's attention to this thread by posting in some of their favourite threads. A personal favour, though; please leave Judas out of it.
Post edited April 13, 2015 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: Today is Monday, April 13, 2015.

[...]

Goglodytes, perhaps as moonshineshadow, phaolo, Kristian and others have recently suggested, we could try to politely draw a blue's attention to this thread by posting in some of their favourite threads. A personal favour, though; please leave Judas out of it.
I just became the person to rain on their Bundle Tower Promo parade. Let's see if that brings anything.
I sent GOG support a message about this, and they responded. Want to see their reply?
BillyMaysFan59: I sent GOG support a message about this, and they responded. Want to see their reply?
Yes, please!
BillyMaysFan59: I sent GOG support a message about this, and they responded. Want to see their reply?
Yes, we most certainly do!
high rated
Response from contacting support here:

Hello,

Our webdevs are, as you most likely know, working on a revamped version of the Account page. This should fix most known issues, and if any remain, they will be addressed ASAP. Because we are focused on developing this new version, only absolutely crucial fixes are made to the current system, which is supposed to be scrapped entirely. I know this isn't ideal, but please rest assured that we are doing all that we can, with the resources that we have. As for a lack of official response - I'm afraid that I can't comment on behalf of our webdevs, but I will bring this to their attention.

Some of the problems outlined in Mrkgnao's post can be fixed by our Product team, and some probably have already, but I have notified them of it, and they will look into each one (that they can fix), as soon as they can. Hopefully, as close to "first thing tomorrow" as possible.

I apologize for all the problems you're now experiencing, and assure you that we most definitely do not plan on keeping them that way.

Best regards, Firek
Well, make of that what you will, folks. At least they seem to know about these issues.

Personally, after thinking about it for a while, I'd much prefer they just fix the issues now, since nobody has any idea when this new account system is going to be out, and we, the customers, would rather have our purchases work correctly now than later.
Post edited April 14, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
That's an answer I can live with. They're going to redesign the account section and won't put any effort into fixing the old stuff. That's okay, if the redesign doesn't take another 6 months to happen (that's when "fresher, better GOG.com" started).
Post edited April 13, 2015 by real.geizterfahr
real.geizterfahr: That's an answer I can live with. They're going to redesign the account section and won't put any effort into fixing the old stuff. That's okay, if the redesign doesn't take another 6 months to happen (that's when "fresher, better GOG.com" started).
You are very optimistic. The GOG website is beginning to feel like the neighborhood where I live -- everybody is building a house on top of a pre-existing one and none of them ever bloody finish. There's been hammering, sawing, drilling at all hours (nighttime, weekend... free time is for weaklings!) for well over a year and new 'projects' keep popping up... never getting done.
JaqFrost: You are very optimistic.
No, I'm not. I know that the relaunched part of GOG is buggy too (searching for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or F.E.A.R., for example). I just say that I can understand that they don't want to put work into fixing the old account section, because they're already working on a brand new account section.
high rated
BillyMaysFan59: Here: Well, make of that what you will, folks. At least they seem to know about these issues.
I never doubted that they're aware about these issues.

To me, it sounds like we're stuck with them for an indefinite time; I've lost track how long we've been told that the account revamp is underway, but no-one ever gives an ETA on things, no matter how much times passes.

real.geizterfahr: That's an answer I can live with. They're going to redesign the account section and won't put any effort into fixing the old stuff. That's okay, if the redesign doesn't take another 6 months to happen (that's when "fresher, better GOG.com" started).
Except that the issues reported in here are not "old stuff" - it's brand new issues they introduced with their decision, and the way they're going about things.

And Judas hopes that the update notification issues will be solved by the time he leaves for his month-long vacation (Jun 1).

*sigh*