It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
PaterAlf: Hope that's not the new account page they are talking about. It seems there is no way to manually sort the games any longer or to create sub-folders (for different genres or completed games). Instead you can sort them by user rating. How exactly could that be useful?
Please note how there are (understandably?) no user ratings for the unbundled games, so they will always land at the very bottom.
Good news™!

moonshineshadow: I really hope it will not be like this. If they do all the work on a new account page just to drop the manual sorting feature I'd be really disappointed and angry (which somehow gives me the feeling it will happen).
Well, the manual sorting has been giving them a big headache for a very long time, dropping it would solve any and all issues fast and cost efficiently. Good news™!

Anyone noticed that it looks suspiciously like the current game catalogue?

real.geizterfahr: [...]
Personally, I don't want them to fix-break (or whatever you want to call this) the old system even further.

[...]
Personally, I just want them to stop changing things in a half-arsed manner. Since they're not listening to our feedback anyway, they should at least manage that.

BillyMaysFan59: Remember to vote here, folks, for what it's worth:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/gog_should_fix_the_issues_with_the_unbundling
Voted. But frankly, they way that the wishlist feature is being handled and fiddled with, makes me think voting makes no difference if it's something GOG doesn't care about.
Post edited April 13, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
real.geizterfahr: I just said that I can understand why they don't want to fix the issues on the old system, but want to focus on the new system instead..
I'm old enough to recognise the "shiny new system will fix all the problems of the old system at launch with no new bugs" delusion as a recurring pattern. At some point you always end up having to go back and make the old system work well enough to keep you going!
PaterAlf: Poor Gogbear. One world was not enough.
IAmSinistar:
Hilarious, love it!
HypersomniacLive: Voted. But frankly, they way that the wishlist feature is being handled and fiddled with, makes me think voting makes no difference if it's something GOG doesn't care about.
Yeah I really hate that. Still, can't hurt to vote. ;)

Some of the problems outlined in Mrkgnao's post can be fixed by our Product team, and some probably have already, but I have notified them of it [..]
Best regards, Firek
BillyMaysFan59: Well, make of that what you will, folks. At least they seem to know about these issues.
I gave a +1 to this new dude for the useful info.
Then I looked at the username.. it's BMF!
He's changed his avatar again aarghh +_+

Lol, anyway, I don't still understand why didn't Firek just reply in the forum.
phaolo: I don't still understand why didn't Firek just reply in the forum.
Yeah, to think that I had to send a message to Support just to get a reply from those guys regarding this issue......
BillyMaysFan59: Yeah, to think that I had to send a message to Support just to get a reply from those guys regarding this issue......
Hey.
You're back!
;)
phaolo: I don't still understand why didn't Firek just reply in the forum.
BillyMaysFan59: Yeah, to think that I had to send a message to Support just to get a reply from those guys regarding this issue......
Lol nice trick though XD
Hey, welcome back Pip-Boy :P
If, like me, you bought Broken Sword 5 today, you may have noticed that it does not have a link from your library to the game page, similar to unbundled games. This is NOT related to the unbundling.

It stems from the fact that the game in your library has a different game ID from that in GOG's catalogue. The reason for this is probably that GOG has had more than one version of the game on sale at different times, each with a different game ID. This may well be related to the game haveing been at some point a season pass, or possibly to the removal of some bonus material along the way. Usually the game ID in the catalogue reflects the most recent version of the game, but apparently in this case it is not so. And since GOG does not support the linking of library games and catalogue games with different IDs, the title remains unlinked. I would hazard a guess that people who bought the game very early on after release might have a link, but I may be wrong. Does anyone remember if this game had any exclusive "pre-order" or "season-pass" material along the way, which is now no longer available?

According to some blue post, GOG plans to resort to this trick (spawning a new game with a new ID) whenever they need to remove bonus goodies.
mvscot: I'm old enough to recognise the "shiny new system will fix all the problems of the old system at launch with no new bugs" delusion as a recurring pattern. At some point you always end up having to go back and make the old system work well enough to keep you going!
I get the impression that they currently are aiming for being some sort of drm-free special snowflake steam clone.. In order to get there, they are sacrificing more and more of their core principles to lure over more publishers and try to fish in the steam ocean. I do not think the latter will work due missing community features and missing love for their download client while it was not abandoned (GOGDownloader, for the Galaxy Client I won't comment here).

On top of that, they are adopting of sitting out the core problems of their recent not really well thought-out / implemented changes / revamps in hope that the community will give up eventually.
high rated
mrkgnao: If, like me, you bought Broken Sword 5 today, you may have noticed that it does not have a link from your library to the game page, similar to unbundled games. This is NOT related to the unbundling.

It stems from the fact that the game in your library has a different game ID from that in GOG's catalogue. The reason for this is probably that GOG has had more than one version of the game on sale at different times, each with a different game ID. This may well be related to the game haveing been at some point a season pass, or possibly to the removal of some bonus material along the way. Usually the game ID in the catalogue reflects the most recent version of the game, but apparently in this case it is not so. And since GOG does not support the linking of library games and catalogue games with different IDs, the title remains unlinked. I would hazard a guess that people who bought the game very early on after release might have a link, but I may be wrong. Does anyone remember if this game had any exclusive "pre-order" or "season-pass" material along the way, which is now no longer available?

According to some blue post, GOG plans to resort to this trick (spawning a new game with a new ID) whenever they need to remove bonus goodies.
I was a backer and got a GOG code during the pre-order period, and, IIRC, I never had a link to the game page (as is the case for a good number of my kickstarted games).

The game had the soundtrack as a preorder exclusive.
HypersomniacLive: I was a backer and got a GOG code during the pre-order period, and, IIRC, I never had a link to the game page (as is the case for a good number of my kickstarted games).

The game had the soundtrack as a preorder exclusive.
OK, That makes sense.

GOG changes IDs when the pre-order expires for a game with a pre-order exclusive. So 1207660313 (catalogue ID) is probably the game ID with the soundtrack and 1207660323 (my library ID) without it.

Additionally, as you say, we already know that many kickstarter games get IDs of their own and therefore also do not have links (and often do not show as owned).
real.geizterfahr: I just said that I can understand why they don't want to fix the issues on the old system, but want to focus on the new system instead..
mvscot: I'm old enough to recognise the "shiny new system will fix all the problems of the old system at launch with no new bugs" delusion as a recurring pattern. At some point you always end up having to go back and make the old system work well enough to keep you going!
I prefer JWZ's term: The CADT Model
ssokolow: I prefer JWZ's term: The CADT Model
So very very true.

What is not mentioned is that usually the driving force behind the start-from-scratch rewrite is that the old code is no longer in a state that anyone is able to maintain it.

So much code out there is write-only code and cannot be read by anyone except the person who wrote it, and all too often even not s/he.
I gave up having my backup match my GoG library for missing games from the shelf (checking if the number of folders is the same as the number of entries).

I will go back to my bundled files (thank heavens I didn't delete those), this whole new system is a mess, especcially regarding the still bundled bonus files and the Zork Anthology sprayed all over the place...