It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyraxpt: Glad that we have a community manager to keep us informed of stuff like this.
fronzelneekburm: Speaking of the devil, who is the gog community manager right now? I sincerely don't know and I hang around these forums often enough that I should know. Last I heard, it was this guy (no, seriously - he was formerly with BioWare).

The-Business: Is it tied to the language you use on GOG? Because I use the site in English and also receive the newsletters in English.
fronzelneekburm: I always had the website language switched to English and I still got mails in German. Maybe they fixed that in the meantime, because the German mails made me opt out very, VERY quickly.
Is that the 'Evil" Chris Priestly
I don't think I got this email? Maybe I just didn't read it, on the assumption that visiting GOG.com daily would keep me informed about anything important that GOG decides to do...
fronzelneekburm: Speaking of the devil, who is the gog community manager right now? I sincerely don't know and I hang around these forums often enough that I should know. Last I heard, it was this guy (no, seriously - he was formerly with BioWare).
mcneil_1: Is that the 'Evil" Chris Priestly
That's him. I saw him post on this forum, like, 3 or 4 times, so I figured they must've got someone else in the meantime.

Sometimes I wish we had The Enigmatic T back. Poor guy took the bullet for gog when they introduced regional pricing. This place was a lot more fun while he was around.
Thanks for the "opt-out" option.
Unusual, in this era of Swiss Reich CERN "biocuration"/data-harvesting.
You better fucking not! I'm not giving you more information. Fuck off!
I can understand OFFERING 2 factor as a option, but for those of us that don't use simple passwords, use random ones, change them all the time, never reuse the same password, 2 factor is overkill and not wanted. It is a annoyance I can do without, considering that I have to check, wait for the code to arrive (some email IS SLOW you know even text messages at times) then if something goes wrong (which it often does) do it again several times just to log in? I also don't care to pay for a text message every time I want to log in (I know GOG isn't doing that but MOST 2 factor systems do).

There is a old saying:
"Hey you know what? I have the most secure system around!"
"Oh? How can you say that?"
"Because it is so secure no one can get in, not even the customers!"

There is a point where you have so many safety features/security that it breaks the whole system (or makes other holes you don't know about) or makes it so hard to use that people will go elsewhere. Personally, I will stop buying from GOG if I it is a hassle to log in. A credit card company I use forced 2 factor without an opt out and I am taking my business elsewhere. Anything can be hacked, no matter how much security you put on it. But making it more difficult for your customers is NOT the way to do things. Adding more security that is TRANSPARENT to your customers is how you handle this. Not adding more complexity.
So, is a confirmation now required also for changing email and password?
Post edited October 15, 2016 by phaolo
J_Darnley: You better fucking not! I'm not giving you more information. Fuck off!
Calm down grandma.
low rated
Cyraxpt: Glad that we have a community manager to keep us informed of stuff like this.
i guess gog is just having a hard time to find someone, who's able to lie constantly without shame. maybe they should ask sean murray, he has nothing to do right now anyway.
Has the two-step login been fixed meanwhile so that you do not have to go through it on every login when you have set your browser to delete cookies?
eiii: Has the two-step login been fixed meanwhile so that you do not have to go through it on every login when you have set your browser to delete cookies?
Nope.
Konrad but they're looking for a fall guy for when they come up with their shenenigans.
apehater: i guess gog is just having a hard time to find someone, who's able to lie constantly without shame. maybe they should ask sean murray, he has nothing to do right now anyway.
Ciris and Firek are good at it so i don't think that is it, Konrad in the other hand doesn't need to lie, he just doesn't appear. I wonder if he's paid to do this job...
Post edited October 16, 2016 by Cyraxpt
To reiterate: 2FA will be auto-enabled on the date mentioned. That is all. If you want to switch it off again after that, you're free to do so.
eiii: Has the two-step login been fixed meanwhile so that you do not have to go through it on every login when you have set your browser to delete cookies?
InfraSuperman: Nope.
Great! When people do not accept a feature because it's implemented badly and you are too lazy to fix it you always can try to enforce it on them. Problem solved!

I really would like to have a two-step login on GOG, but not at the price of having to go through it on every login or by allowing companies to track me more easily.
InfraSuperman: Nope.
eiii: Great! When people do not accept a feature because it's implemented badly and you are too lazy to fix it you always can try to enforce it on them. Problem solved!

I really would like to have a two-step login on GOG, but not at the price of having to go through it on every login or by allowing companies to track me more easily.
You can disable it. Additionally, check to see how your AV solutions are handling cookies. Are you using Chrome or Firefox? Are you using CCleaner or something like it? Is it set to scrub cookies and passwords?
Post edited October 16, 2016 by predcon