It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Glad that we have a community manager to keep us informed of stuff like this.
Cyraxpt: Glad that we have a community manager to keep us informed of stuff like this.
Me too. :p

Btw thanks Hyper. (I forgot to thank you in my ealier post)
Its strange they sent a email to me when two step is already enabled, i got worried thinking something has happened to my account on seeing the mail then i saw this thread, why cant gog do anything right these days ??
So glad there was a post on the front page about this.

like I mean I have two step already enabled.

Glad to see GOG has it together..
I haven't received an email about this yet, so I'm hearing the news first from HypersomniacLive. Hmm... you have a good name for announcing news ;)

This is excellent news. If it's switched on automatically for everyone who doesn't explicitly switch it off then we should see a sharp drop in account hijackings, and it no longer be worthwhile for hijackers to even try.
Barefoot_Monkey: I haven't received an email about this yet, so I'm hearing the news first from HypersomniacLive. Hmm... you have a good name for announcing news ;)

This is excellent news. If it's switched on automatically for everyone who doesn't explicitly switch it off then we should see a sharp drop in account hijackings, and it no longer be worthwhile for hijackers to even try.
And how long before noobs start shitting a brick about how they were never asked about it when they joined? :P
low rated
What great news! At last now we will have some basic layers of defense for our account and valuables!
Post edited October 15, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
tinyE: And how long before noobs start shitting a brick about how they were never asked about it when they joined? :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_ghkwt5cs
Bradley should write greeting cards for a living.

He's a natural.
I think this should have been the way since they introduced Two-Step back then; enabled by default, disable at will. Better late than never & I guess that it will ease the burden of the support team of having to deal with all those hacked accounts. And frankly, I believe we only get but a fraction of those "help! my account was hacked" messages -- the rest must go directly to the support staff.

In any case, many thanks to our informer! :D
tinyE: I'm not hauling ass next door to check my email just to log in
KiNgBrAdLeY7: But you are hauling ass next door anyway (...)
Oh man, was all that necessary? I know you guys aren't on good terms to each other but why don't you use the pm system for all this nonsense? Why do you make the forum and this very thread such a bad place to be? Jeez.... :/
Post edited October 15, 2016 by Vythonaut
high rated
tinyE: I'm not hauling ass next door to check my email just to log in
KiNgBrAdLeY7: But you are hauling ass next door anyway, for the neighbor to fill it and creampie it; don't be lazy and check your email too while being there, just after you fart out your neighbor's jizz first, that is...
can we leave your sexual fantasies out of this?
low rated
I hope the account hijacking issues to be terminated, or at least lessened. All those threads of "Being locked outside my account" and stuff...
Post edited October 15, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
fronzelneekburm: I opted out of receiving emails from gog ever since I started receiving German language mails
Is it tied to the language you use on GOG? Because I use the site in English and also receive the newsletters in English.
Cyraxpt: Glad that we have a community manager to keep us informed of stuff like this.
Speaking of the devil, who is the gog community manager right now? I sincerely don't know and I hang around these forums often enough that I should know. Last I heard, it was this guy (no, seriously - he was formerly with BioWare).

fronzelneekburm: I opted out of receiving emails from gog ever since I started receiving German language mails
The-Business: Is it tied to the language you use on GOG? Because I use the site in English and also receive the newsletters in English.
I always had the website language switched to English and I still got mails in German. Maybe they fixed that in the meantime, because the German mails made me opt out very, VERY quickly.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Speaking of the devil, who is the gog community manager right now?
The-Business:
fronzelneekburm:
This guy.