It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

d2t: the only madness here is that you cant understand that not everyone has the same opinion as you :). according to email 2FA can be disabled at any time even after 24 oct so importance of pushing this across every channel possible is debatable.
What I'm syaing has nothing to do with that at all. Yes, you can opt out, but that is not a reason not to make a proper announcement. That's what the headlines should be for. It's simple I'm not asking for an ad campaing on TV :P

d2t: also, you are throwing judgements that gog decision was "to not keep them well informed" - how do you know if they dont have the post scheduled after the weekend to remind people again? why already throw judgements and blame them for not doing their job and complain about gog with every post possible?
Because I/ve been here a while and know how this place works. GOG is notoriously bad when it comes to communicating with customers.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by Breja
Cheers for the heads up.

No email so far..
It has arrived, thus opt'd-out.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by DampSquib
I use 2-Step Logins whenever possible. But I would have much preferred if GOG implemented it via an API so that I can use Authenticator apps on my phone.
seriosbrad: I use 2-Step Logins whenever possible. But I would have much preferred if GOG implemented it via an API so that I can use Authenticator apps on my phone.
What is an API?
seriosbrad: I use 2-Step Logins whenever possible. But I would have much preferred if GOG implemented it via an API so that I can use Authenticator apps on my phone.
tinyE: What is an API?
Application program interface. It would allow for 3rd party apps like Google Authenticator or LastPass's Authenticator to securely generate time-based codes. It's faster, easier, and we wouldn't have to check our e-mails to get a log-in code.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by seriosbrad
tinyE: What is an API?
seriosbrad: Application program interface. It would allow for 3rd party apps like Google Authenticator or LastPass's Authenticator to securely generate time-based codes. It's faster, easier, and we wouldn't have to check our e-mails to get a log-in code.
Yeah well, not everyone has a smart phone or wants one for that matter. That's why I don't have 2FA on Steam because the only way to be able to do that there is if I had a smart phone. Now that's stupid.
I'll go and play the paranoid card: Are we sure this is legit and not a phishing attempt?
deloctyte: I'll go and play the paranoid card: Are we sure this is legit and not a phishing attempt?
That would be easy enough to find out by simply looking at the e-mail address from which it originated. All official e-mails come from @gog.com.
seriosbrad: Application program interface. It would allow for 3rd party apps like Google Authenticator or LastPass's Authenticator to securely generate time-based codes. It's faster, easier, and we wouldn't have to check our e-mails to get a log-in code.
mistermumbles: Yeah well, not everyone has a smart phone or wants one for that matter. That's why I don't have 2FA on Steam because the only way to be able to do that there is if I had a smart phone. Now that's stupid.
GOG can make it optional, most websites include both options. Email and Authenticator app.
Got the email myself, and while I have 2-step enabled on other services I use (PSN, Steam, etc.) I haven't had any issues here to where I need it.

Also interesting that they decided to send an email about this during the weekend.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by RayRay13000
mistermumbles: Yeah well, not everyone has a smart phone or wants one for that matter. That's why I don't have 2FA on Steam because the only way to be able to do that there is if I had a smart phone. Now that's stupid.
What kind of a moron doesn't have a cell phone!?

Oh wait.
d2t: sure, because its a known fact that gog users never check emails while entire gog user base checks their website twice a day waiting for an announcement to happen...
I check my email once every 3-4 months, I check this website 15-20 times a week.
deloctyte: I'll go and play the paranoid card: Are we sure this is legit and not a phishing attempt?
mistermumbles: That would be easy enough to find out by simply looking at the e-mail address from which it originated. All official e-mails come from @gog.com.
Or if they put out an official announcement on the front page of the website.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by mm324
I have received this email despite being a user of two-step auth (following the event of my Mojang account being hijacked at one point in time).

I wonder if that move means more users with two-step auth enabled, seeing as you are still allowed to disable it anyway.
mistermumbles: That would be easy enough to find out by simply looking at the e-mail address from which it originated. All official e-mails come from @gog.com.
Not quite. Email spoofing is incredibly easy.
Thanks Hyper.