It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JocktheLock1: Maybe big, huge summer sale next week?
Do you mean – even huger than usual? ;)
that sale had better be good, as i only got like 6 titles on my wish list that are not coming soon or in early access.
JocktheLock1: Maybe big, huge summer sale next week?
ciemnogrodzianin: Do you mean – even huger than usual? ;)
Hopefully. What do you think it will be? For me, it will be funny it the sale is smaller, but since it took long, maybe they are just asking owners or just making a list of what to put on sale. I have no clue, maybe there is big surprise! ;)
IMO the only reason to wish for some sort of big sale was if we got a new big publisher on board or at least several new AAA titles from those already here.

If it's just the same games on sale and new games by indie publishers, then we already have the regular sales for that.
karnak1: ...
^ This.

Another flat sale with the same discounts for the same games would be a big disappointment. I like that bundles ("buy 3 or 5 to get addi discount") are back and I hope for more. Old sales made me spend more because of completionists bundles and freebies given only for spending some specific amount during a sale. I think it was good deal for both sides - incentive for people who actually spend money here.
I'm hoping for a big sale because I'm impatient and want to grab the last few games on my wishlist for cheap in order to complete my collection. A big summer sale would let me do that right now, instead of having to wait for the games to go on weekly/midweek/weekend sale.
Post edited June 06, 2021 by armaankhan
karnak1: IMO the only reason to wish for some sort of big sale was if we got a...
Lemme finish that sentence for you!

IMO the only reason to wish for some sort of big sale was if we got a discount for Terminator Resistance. It's only been a few weeks since it's been 40% (or was it 50%?) off on Steam - again.
ciemnogrodzianin: [...]
I also miss those sales which had bonus free games for those who purchased more.
ciemnogrodzianin: [...]
bhrigu: I also miss those sales which had bonus free games for those who purchased more.
Yeah, these ones were the best or even the bestest ;)
karnak1: IMO the only reason to wish for some sort of big sale was if we got a new big publisher on board or at least several new AAA titles from those already here.

If it's just the same games on sale and new games by indie publishers, then we already have the regular sales for that.
Are a lot of us GOGgers desperate for new AAA games? Are too many indies boring?
Looking the Summer Sale 2020 i am a bit disappointed with the discounts they offered, in generic sales probably were better, buy for my wishlist i would be grateful with a nice discount for:

The Dig for 1$
Gibbous
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
Blade Runner
Vampire - Bloodlines (to dream is free)
karnak1: IMO the only reason to wish for some sort of big sale was if we got a new big publisher on board or at least several new AAA titles from those already here.

tfishell: Are a lot of us GOGgers desperate for new AAA games? Are too many indies boring?
I'd like to play Far Cry 3 again and try Assassin's Creed 2, for instance.
I'd also love to play Shogun Total War again.

Unfortunately I'm well aware that all of the options above are very remote. :(

tfishell: Are a lot of us GOGgers desperate for new AAA games? Are too many indies boring?
nah, i love me some indies. it's exciting to get big name titles here though.
karnak1: I'd like to play Far Cry 3 again and try Assassin's Creed 2, for instance.
I'd also love to play Shogun Total War again.

Unfortunately I'm well aware that all of the options above are very remote. :(
i loved assassin's creed 2. i would really like to play a non screwplay version some day.
Post edited June 06, 2021 by fortune_p_dawg
I wish in Summer Insomnia sale. With Jack Kean as an opening game:)
I enjoyed the 24 hrs flash sales when some games because pretty cheap. Gave you a reason to come back every day.

Or those flash sales that had a limit on how many times they could be purchase for cheap until a new game popped up.

Oh, and I really enjoyed those get a random game mystery for 2-3 Euros they had a few years ago. :)

As for the Warhammer sale. I wonder if it is a paid promotion as people are mentioning it is happening elsewhere as well.
Post edited June 07, 2021 by ZamCo