It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
"Relax and take it easy before summer [emphasis added] with our Chill Indie Games Sale."
Yup, it looks that it just must be the next week. Monday, June 5th, I guess.
However I have no idea what's going on with these Weekly and Midweek offers. The first contain 2 games and 1 DLC, the second one - only 1 game. What's the point launching such offers? Is it for statistics or some internal reporting purposes, just to not make a missing week in these regular sales??
So tomorrow mayhaps?
I'm not even waiting for a game to be on sale tbh, I just like seeing big sales and seeing new shit people can buy.

What are y'all hoping will release/discounted?

I'm just waiting for Silksong and Front Mission, so I'll live vicariously through y'all during the sale.
pkk234: What are y'all hoping will release/discounted?
If there's a big AAA release, I'll often drop everything and play that, although many big sales come and go without one of those, so I won't be holding my breath.

I'll be keeping an eye on the games that rarely go on sale thread for unexpected bargains.

I'm always on the lookout for better-than-expected licensed games, and games that have soundtracks available in lossless formats, so I'll be looking at those too.
Post edited June 04, 2023 by maxpoweruser
I wish we'd get a surprise release of some "Total War" titles.
But given how stingy SEGA is with its releases and how the Endless series are still "coming soon" after so many months, I'd say that such a release is almost impossible.
Post edited June 04, 2023 by karnak1
pkk234: So tomorrow mayhaps?
Not satisified with being wrong once per sale, I'll note that the chill sale lasts through late Thursday so if we take the "before summer" as referring to the Summer Sale then that would suggest Friday June 9th (ending the 30th I'd guess). Friday seems an odd choice to start a sale since it seems like there would be more issues to deal with over the weekend, but maybe they figure that will happen whenever they start it and this week is chill because everyone at GOG is off relaxing a bit before the big sale. It looks like Steam's Summer Sale starts June 29th, so starting any time this week would leave little or no overlap.
pkk234: What are y'all hoping will release/discounted?
I have such a huge backlog at this point I hope I won't be interested in much of anything (particularly since I've started playing through the full Trails series currently available now that Zero and Azure are here and I often just play Wingspan or Timberborn anyway :/) but I like looking for the inexpensive deals. I have also been getting gift copies of my favorites. I'd like to try to put together an offline GOG console based on an old NUC and a selection of my favorites games that work ok on it.

Last year at the Summer Sale I got one newer game, one DLC, and three inexpensive deals. I've only played one of the deals so far but it and the other two (Big Pharma, Wolfstride, Wingspan EE) are all favorites now. That is what a good sale looks like for me.
karnak1: I wish we'd get a surprise release of some "Total War" titles.
Oh, it would be awesome! No hope for that, but – who knows? We had a lot of surprises in the past.

Summer Sale is for sure considered a big event on GOG and, looking at last editions, we should expect some special releases and/or giveaways.

It has to be Monday! :)
PS. For some reason base price of Encodya is 0.00 (only from API perspective, the game's page shows a correct price)
• $0.00 • -90% • ENCODYA
Perhaps it's just a data glitch (we're on GOG, it just happens), but perhaps it means something – e.g. the first giveaway of upcoming sale?
ciemnogrodzianin: PS. For some reason base price of Encodya is 0.00 (only from API perspective, the game's page shows a correct price)
• $0.00 • -90% • ENCODYA
Perhaps it's just a data glitch (we're on GOG, it just happens), but perhaps it means something – e.g. the first giveaway of upcoming sale?
Astute and plausible!
I think we will only get a LGBTQ+ themed sale on this week instead of the summer one .
Post edited June 05, 2023 by I feel so tired
I feel so tired: ...
Please, no.
and we have another weekly sale

https://www.gog.com/en/news/weekly_sale_enjoy_deals_up_to_80_off
https://www.gog.com/en/promo/20230605_weekly_sale

A grand total of 12 games on sale.
Probably either the 7th or the 12th then. I don't think it'll be Friday.
Just a regular Weekly Sale??
What a disappointment!

maxpoweruser: Probably either the 7th or the 12th then. I don't think it'll be Friday.
Thursday is Corpus Christi - a day off in Poland. And most of people take free Friday to enjoy "long weekend" :)
So it's not Friday for sure – it's 6-7th or 12th. 12th is a bit late for Summer Sale, considering previous years.
Post edited June 05, 2023 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: Just a regular Weekly Sale??
What a disappointment!
You've been on GOG for almost 10 years now and you're still not used to getting your hopes smashed??
Come on, man... :)