gogtrial34987: my name is magike catte:
As I don't think you've voiced any opinions about any of these yet, what do you think of:
- the nmillar wagon?
- trent's townread of me?
- my back-and-forth with microfish?
- The dedo+Vitek vs Lift back-and-forth?
I'm currently waiting for Lift to reply to me, as for the rest I probably need to re-read. I've been doing a lot of skim reading this week due to being back at work. Sorry!
Any chance you could manage that re-read before EoD? You're currently giving scum!you a lot of leeway by not taking any stances, or providing a lot of cover to scum by not making them stand out for doing the same.
Also happy to offer myself as a sacrificial lamb for a day 1 lynch to get the game going to the far more interesting day 2.
If you're town and yet resigned to not living beyond the day, could you at least try and provide some valuable and guaranteed-town insights into the various player-interactions which have been happening? Gut feelings will do as far as I'm concerned - just something solid that I can look back on when I get too paranoid in my hypothetical scenario's? (Ah, I see a promise to provide this in #275; thanks!)
Of course, if you're scum, please continue as you are.
A response to my questions from #241
would also still be welcome.
Joe's exchange with gogtrial reminded me of a couple of situation from last game (when we were scum together) where he did something, someone else (mostly ZFR) called him out for it and Joe wrote some of his usual explanations that end up making him look more like a confused damsel than a scum who slipped. It's not impossible that it's Town!Joe, too as he is just as weird (in a nice way) and sexy AF but my most recent memories are of scum!him and that's what I'm getting vibes of.
Most others are mostly neutral.
With all that said, at this point I have a preference for Lift. Then everyone else (sans GH) in no particular order. Then GH. I'm not voting you nor me.
How come Joe is lumped in with "everyone else" here, given the earlier part of what I quoted?
I had a question for you in #257
Come on guys, nobody else wants to try the format I suggested here
Sorry, was waiting for Joe to show up before laying my cards on the table, as I didn't want to remove the pressure from him. Given up on that now.
I'm very much in favour of everyone committing to what they think (see my questions directed to all and sundry), to leave less wiggle room for scum as the game progresses, but reads lists have the problem of more explicitly pointing out good NK targets for scum (i.e. those widely seen as town, and thus hard to mislynch). Looking at your format again, however, you're not listing who's town and why, but only
what's suspicious about each player. That might dillute this effect enough to be a good approach.
1. JoeSapphire - (meta) Not his usual town-self. Could be RL already interfering at that point, but the counter-question "What would you want me to think?" (#69
) was totally off.
2. catte - D1 low effort is (meta) NAI for him, but I still don't like it. Has actually been more involved in the game than other D1 memories I have of his town-self, but with very narrow focus.
3. Lifthrasil - "Aggressive" shading. (See response to dedo halfway through my #163
wall for examples. Interestingly no one responded to that specifically, other than micro.)
4. trentonlf - Unwarranted town-read of me. (See #274
5. GymHenson - (meta) Different play from his usual self; could be NAI due to evolving, but I'm not convinced. The way he hopped on nmillar's wagon didn't feel right.
6. phaolo - Not quite the werd mix of clueless play I've come to associate with newbie players.
7. nmillar - Very low effort, particularly his "for the same reasons as other players" (#235
). "It was a clever trap" also doesn't convince, as it's a cliché scum tactic.
8. Microfish_1 - (meta) Less deferential, forgetting / not noticing a whole bunch of things. (Bad math) Surely this time
he'll have rolled scum?
9¾. dedoporno - Didn't follow up on the trent line of reasoning, after seemingly leading me by the hand to noticing the discrepancy. Now has trent as neutral?? Doesn't make sense to me, so I'm trying out narratives like he was trying to get me lynched and abandoned that when he saw it going nowhere?
10. gogtrial34987 - Not yet universally town-read. :P
11. Vitek - Not following up on strong reads with real votes. Joining dedo on questioning Lift?
12. blotunga - Low effort, repeatedly not answering questions.
My preferred lunches for today are:
nmillar, microfish and blotunga to prevent nolunch.