It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
Hey guys, loving everything done so far.

One bug ive spotted is that the amount of time ive played doesn't update until i restart the app.
Imported Wasteland 2 and its not displaying the boxart on the left bar.
Installing Raptor from the Library shows the boxart.

Also I there should be a way of letting us know the size of the file before it starts installing since some of us have internet caps and not unlimted.
Zevka: Is it possible to register already installed game in the gog galaxy client ?
tikeno: Click the "+" at the top left next to the search bar, and "Scan and import folders". Locate the folder the game is located in.

OR

Venom: - Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
tikeno: ~~~~~~~~~~
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way to see the size of a game before clicking "Install" is there? Metered internet areas may find it useful. I'd go on an install spree but for that.
Can't believe I missed that, thanks !
Will it be possible to choose other folders than /Applications/ as game install folders in future versions of the OS X client? I like to keep my games in ~User/Applications/.
Store works more or less fine.
But it didn't remembered my credit card, so i need to add it information once again.

About lost connection added some test:
1. Start download game
2. Disconnect my network
3. Connect again

Expected behavior:
Resume download after connection was restored

Actual:
Download don't restart, can't switch to other installed game (store works fine at this moment).
After client restart download resume and everything work
Received the invite last night and installed the client.

I directed "Install game to" to my current GOG folder.
I also set "Download games to" and "Download extras to" to where I store my installers (downloaded through GOG Downloader).

Is it really the same thing, though ?
Will games downloaded through Galaxy client be the same format (for both games and extras) as through the Downloader ?

When the client finished scanning installed games, it started to download "updates"...
Update for what ? Something specific to Galaxy ? It doesn't say.

Even more upsetting, the "updating" seems to be downloading the games again.
I'm asking again: is it something specific to Galaxy ?
Because what would be the point of downloading a game that is already installed and whose installer I already have ?

Too many obfuscated things going on for the time being, so I'll stick to solo-gaming and refrain from using yet another black-box for now.

UPDATE: I checked my "Download games to" folder (that I changed for the sake of empiricism), and it's just and temporary folder (as default one implied, yes) where folders are named after GOG's game's identifier.
It also seems the client is re-downloading the whole game *just* to add a few files that amount for less than 1MB, and possibly a _redist folder...
I pity those who pay for the amount of data they download !

And what about hoarders like me, that keep the downloaded installers (and extras somewhere) ?
If the client notices a new patch or download that I don't already have in my collection, I want it added and downloaded there, with the usual formatting.
And if a game is newly managed by the client, don't re-download the whole game if:
1°) The game is already installed and up-to-date
2°) The installer is already in my collection
In those cases, don't download everything again, use what exists, and only download the few files needed by the client.

I'd like to be able to stop or pause the whole downloading/updating process as well.

So yeah: some other time, hopefully with (much) more transparency.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Karboxyd
Received e-mail yesterday, so thank you for invitation ;) Galaxy looks great!
But have a few questions/suggestions:

1. will it be possible to change default Mac folder ( /Applications ) to another, but on the same disk?
2. on Windows, installers are creating launcher shortcuts on desktop (for all users) - when I move them to another place (folder with GOG launchers on desktop), Galaxy is trying to fix it when I'm trying to verify the game... is there any better solution to not have desktop cluttered with game shortcuts?
3. is there somewhere option to see download speed?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by cyboff
Karboxyd: Received the invite last night and installed the client.

I directed "Install game to" to my current GOG folder.
I also set "Download games to" and "Download extras to" to where I store my installers (downloaded through GOG Downloader).

Is it really the same thing, though ?
Will games downloaded through Galaxy client be the same format (for both games and extras) as through the Downloader ?

When the client finished scanning installed games, it started to download "updates"...
Update for what ? Something specific to Galaxy ? It doesn't say.

Even more upsetting, the "updating" seems to be downloading the games again.
I'm asking again: is it something specific to Galaxy ?
Because what would be the point of downloading a game that is already installed and whose installer I already have ?

Too many obfuscated things going on for the time being, so I'll stick to solo-gaming and refrain from using yet another black-box for now.

UPDATE: I checked my "Download games to" folder (that I changed for the sake of empiricism), and it's just and temporary folder (as default one implied, yes) where folders are named after GOG's game's identifier.
It also seems the client is re-downloading the whole game *just* to add a few files that amount for less than 1MB, and possibly a _redist folder...
I pity those who pay for the amount of data they download !

And what about hoarders like me, that keep the downloaded installers (and extras somewhere) ?
If the client notices a new patch or download that I don't already have in my collection, I want it added and downloaded there, with the usual formatting.
And if a game is newly managed by the client, don't re-download the whole game if:
1°) The game is already installed and up-to-date
2°) The installer is already in my collection
In those cases, don't download everything again, use what exists, and only download the few files needed by the client.

I'd like to be able to stop or pause the whole downloading/updating process as well.

So yeah: some other time, hopefully with (much) more transparency.
was about to post something very similar.
I could not get the client to accept my locally stored install files and it also didnt recognize that several games were already installed.
if screenshots are helpful i could provide them.

Besides that issue i am really looking forward to the finished client. it looks more comfortable than the steam UI and if you improve on it it will be my main program for starting games / looking at my collection.
Keep up the good work

edit:
just tried to reinstall "Gods will be watching" and it says "installation broken". Verify/repair does not help.
Any way i can help you fix this?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by fantahunta
Is there a bug reporting tool in galaxy ?

I noticed a small problem, when i forced the language to English i noticed all the "extra's remained in french until i restarted the GOG client.

And yes please change the behaviour of the Installers folder, i thought it would keep all the installers so i didnt have to download them again. now its just a temporary folder and not even all games appear in that folder while installing (Alien vs Predator).
Hey everyone, I'm not participating the Alpha tests.
Right now I found a little bug, don't know if anyone posted it yet, since there are 80 pages to read so here it is:
I want to manually change the folder for the game installation, I changed it to my games folder and create a GOG Folder in there. But after I click ok, it changes back to the default folder. Is this right?
I was testing on my Mac, so don't know what about windows right now.

Keep on going, the launcher looks nice and works perfectly. :)
Case in point on those re-downloading shenanigans: the client is trying to download Wasteland 2 again, for what might be, as I surmised a few minutes ago, a mere hundreds MB of files specific to the Galaxy client.

Oh yeah, and that download amounts to 22GB.
Not on my watch.

Serrith: Is there a bug reporting tool in galaxy ?
There doesn't seem to be.
You'll have to use the link to the bug tracker provided in your invitation e-mail.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Karboxyd
Venom: Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
I'd agree with January ; I'd really like Galaxy to be my global game hub from where I can launch all my game (Steam, Desura, GOG...) seemlessly. I know that Steam has some good API, can't say the same for Desura. I have high hopes in Galaxy because I trust you more than I trust any other company.

So a few suggestions as they come along :

1. I'd love an easy "import game from..." option as I mentioned earlier.
2. Stylize or get rid of the ugly double slide bars on the side of my library. I noticed that your using IFrames so you have that option.
3. Right clicking on a game portrait should bring a context menu to launch a game and other functions (those of the little down arrow which I find a bit discrete by the way).
4. Related to my previous comment : I find it difficult to access my bonus contents (manual, muscic ...) for my games contrarily to the GOG website. And don't use a window download app to open these files. Have your own music player, pdf viewer, etc... even if its a re-skin of a windows app. I want to listen to my game music on the fly in Galaxy.
5. After importing a previously downloaded game (Beyond Divinity) and launching it I got an error message about resetting my configuration files and whatever option I chose I can't launch the game with an alert message "Unable to read configuration file- Existing.".

Ok, that all I have for the meantime.
Otherwise I really liking Galaxy. Hope you the best.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by sraaju
The client looks good so far, I have a few suggestions, not sure what is been brought up by someone else since the thread is so huge:

1- There should be a start minimized to tray option.
2- When clicking on an installed game it should launch automatically and not go to the game page, maybe add a right click menu for that.
3- It would be great if we had the possibility to install games on different hard drives and have the choice for each game.

Also the import game option doesn't seem to work, is it supposed to add non gog games in the launcher or am I missing the point of this?
If that is not the case there should be an option to do so much like adding an executable to steam just to have everything together.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Akezhar
This is a strange situation, so I don't know if it's Galaxy's fault or what. I had, a few weeks ago, downloaded the english installation package for "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream", but didn't install the game. Today, while testing Galaxy I decided to install a bunch of games I had downloaded but not installed, to see which ones would be recognized by the client, and such.

Well, I tried to install the game and it gave me an error at the end, where the installation crashed. Tried it again, and the same happened. The game still had a folder created and files inside it, so I assumed it had installed anyway. Before trying to load the game, I imported the folder into Galaxy and it started to download a massive update (about 750 MB, while the total installation package is about 615 MB). I just assumed the first install had an error (hence the crashing upon installation) and let it download.

So, long story short, the game is in spanish, but the client claims it's in english. The file I downloaded previously was in english, and in the client it shows up as installed in english, yet the audio and text are clearly in spanish. I don't know if this happened because I downloaded a faulty installer first and that messed up the update, or if it would have happened anyway because there's an error in the updating feature, or if the error is in the original file or if the client says "english" when it should say "spanish".

The problem is that I can't replicate the situation because I erased the installation file and the chances of getting a faulty one again are very slim. Also, I already uninstalled the game. I shouldn't have done that, but I just did it right before writing this message without thinking, so I don't know if I could "fix" the thing by switching back and forth between languages. Or if I even could switch languages without downloading an extra file. I could try to download the installation file again and see if it all happens without a faulty installation package, but I can't do that right now because I have limited internet here and I'll have to wait a couple of days until I go back to a place where I can download large files.

Also, what's up with the update file being so large? It was larger than the english version file, but too large to have been just the spanish language, was it maybe the combination of all the extra languages? I understand the games in Galaxy are fully installed and they will take more space than an installation file, but did it have to download the entire thing again? I mean, the game was almost completely installed. Does it mean that when there's one small error it will download the entire game again and not just replace the faulty files?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Dreadjaws