It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
mike_cesara: Update system was changed sometime between 0.2.x.x and 0.4.x.x I belive.. ;)
Tarm: Ah. Methinks it's time for a manual update then. :)

So how do I do it? Just download and install the new version over the old?
Exactly. Download and install 0.6.0.764 over your existing installation. Client should update to 0.6.3.785 very quickly.
Tarm: Ah. Methinks it's time for a manual update then. :)

So how do I do it? Just download and install the new version over the old?
mike_cesara: Exactly. Download and install 0.6.0.764 over your existing installation. Client should update to 0.6.3.785 very quickly.
I must be having shit luck then, I tried that twice and still no update. The only reason why I even uninstalled and reinstalled was hopefully try to shut up the stupid "can't update" error message and to try and see if it fixed a issue I reported, well if fixed the can't update error message anyway.

But no matter what I am stuck back with 0.6.0764 and not 0.6.3.785
DCT: But no matter what I am stuck back with 0.6.0764 and not 0.6.3.785
On windows 7x64 and above try update client manually with command line:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists/galaxyupdater.exe/clientUpdatePath="C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient" /redistUpdatePath="C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists" /reportToService /updateClient /updateRedist

Windows XPx32:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists/galaxyupdater.exe /clientupdatepath="C:\Program Files\GalaxyClient" /redistupdatepath="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists"/updateclient /updateredist /updatestrategy="Normal"

Where C: stands for your system drive.
Post edited April 30, 2015 by mike_cesara
Manny-Calavera: The issue i'm having with it is not tracking all the games i own on GoG. There are games missing from the client that i have on the website.
Grargar: As mentioned in the first post, not all GOG games are currently compatible with Galaxy.
Oh, i missed that. Anyway, the games wouldn't even appear in my library inside the client. With todays update, i can see the games on my shelf, it just says "game not yet available". It's better now :)
mike_cesara: On windows 7x64 and above try update client manually with command line:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists/galaxyupdater.exe/clientUpdatePath="C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient" /redistUpdatePath="C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists" /reportToService /updateClient /updateRedist

Windows XPx32:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists/galaxyupdater.exe /clientupdatepath="C:\Program Files\GalaxyClient" /redistupdatepath="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists"/updateclient /updateredist /updatestrategy="Normal"

that does nothing.
Grargar: As mentioned in the first post, not all GOG games are currently compatible with Galaxy.
Manny-Calavera: Oh, i missed that. Anyway, the games wouldn't even appear in my library inside the client. With todays update, i can see the games on my shelf, it just says "game not yet available". It's better now :)
if you have games already installed click the plus sign and select "Scan and import folders" then just point it to where your GOG games are installed.
Post edited April 30, 2015 by DCT
Well, on Windows 7x64 I just updated Galaxy to 0.7.0.860 version this way..

x64:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists\galaxyupdater.exe /clientUpdatePath="%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\GalaxyClient" /redistUpdatePath="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists" /reportToService /updateClient /updateRedist

x32:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists\galaxyupdater.exe /clientUpdatePath="%PROGRAMFILES%\GalaxyClient" /redistUpdatePath="%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\redists" /reportToService /updateClient /updateRedist
mike_cesara: On windows 7x64 and above try update client manually with command line:

Windows XPx32:

Never mind, I fixed it just by going to the folder in c:\programdata\ and running the updater from the folder instead of screwing around with the cmd prompt. Way easier and less of a hassle. Seems were up to 0.7.0860
Post edited April 30, 2015 by DCT
comco: So I get beta access but the key expired before I got a chance to use it. Any chance in getting another key guys?
wlodar_gog: please try your key again.
Thank you wlodar! Working fine now. Much appreciated.

Windows XPx32:

DCT: Never mind, I fixed it just by going to the folder in c:\programdata\ and running the updater from the folder instead of screwing around with the cmd prompt. Way easier and less of a hassle. Seems were up to 0.7.0860
Simple double clicking on galaxyupdater application doesn't always work.
time to test 0.7.x.x, this and previous post wrote within Galaxy, nice.
DCT: Never mind, I fixed it just by going to the folder in c:\programdata\ and running the updater from the folder instead of screwing around with the cmd prompt. Way easier and less of a hassle. Seems were up to 0.7.0860
mike_cesara: Simple double clicking on galaxyupdater application doesn't always work.
time to test 0.7.x.x, this and previous post wrote within Galaxy, nice.
huh, worked for me. But now I got to wait through the "updating" of my games again..then re-patch my Ultima games again since they go back to their non-patched version, thank god for Pix's patcher program and then off to play some Ys and then do some Ultima 5 for a let's play/completion thread I'm doing on a buddies podcast community forums.
So is that the last alpha version that was talked about?
lots of nice new things (coming soon) seen in the option panel. Can't wait!
ALT + F4 to close the client works like 2 of 10 times I try it.
Cryoned: ALT + F4 to close the client works like 2 of 10 times I try it.
Please report it on Mantis. Thanks!