It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Just tried it a bit, here's a little feedback.
A premise: I don't use steam and I actually boycott it for many reasons. I will probably use Galaxy though.
The interface is clean, simple and lightweight, I like it. We miss a friend list but I'm pretty sure it will be added later, not really a priority right now.
Now, here's 2 things that bother me a lot.

1) There is not an option to decide where to install each game. This is absolutely needed.
Sure, you can change the default installation folder on the options, but that's not nearly enough. I may need to install the games in different drives, or different subfolders. And yes, I have the "manage all folders manually" option ticked but it still installed them in the default directory. Maybe a bug?
In any case: Don't decide for me.
This is actually one of the main reasons I boycott steam.

2) The game library should be organized in the same way it is on the GOG website. I manually organize my games following my personal criteria, and seeing them "all mixed up" in the Galaxy client it's confusing and annoying. This should be synchronized and automatic (because I'm not gonna manually sort 200 games again).

3) [Edit] Just noticed this: it's a minor thing, but we'll need an option to immediately close the application instead of minimizing it to the systray.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Fuz
Ninjy: *snip*
Thanks for great and extensive feedback and sorry not commenting on every issue specifically but just wanted to let you know that pretty much all of the stuff suggested are on our "to do" list :). During alpha our goal is to get the core features right, then jump into beta and start adding polish and improvements based on user feedback :).

Simplex: I have many GoG installers downloaded, can I somehow add them to Galaxy?
You can't add installers because Galaxy tracks games. However once you install games using the installers surely you can. Please see my sticky above with details.
I signed up for the alpha but didn't get a key, I would LOVE to try it out. I've got a ton of games on GoG but keeping track of them all has become a pain (not sure which ones are installed or have saves on this PC etc), and I feel this would help tremendously, and I'd love to give feedback.
Fuz: 1) There is not an option to decide where to install each game. This is absolutely needed.
+ 1

I generally go back and forth between two hard drives and different folders. It's a so basic feature that it would be a shame if that wasn't implented in the final release.
I'm assuming the client is supposed to be compatible with every game on GoG later, right?
I can't wait until I can get rid of hamachi and GR.
So why does The Witcher 2 not show up in my game list in GOG Galaxy??? I have the game install in my gog folder.
I just tested the import function. It found all my already installed games - so far so good. Then it imported and after that updated all my German versions to the English ones because I cannot change the default install language yet. It also made several desktop links and start menu entrys of which I don't need and want any. It's also very important to have the possibility to tuirn off the automatic update BEFORE installing or importing something to prevent what happened to me. I guess before the additional languages have been added I cannot test very much without screwing my own games.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by MarkoH01
Tallart: So why does The Witcher 2 not show up in my game list in GOG Galaxy??? I have the game install in my gog folder.
have you tried pointing the client to the game's install folder? just click on the + and select scan and import folders or just find Witcher 2 in your "library" and click on the more button and then select the more button -> manage ->import folders and then point it where you have the witcher 2 installed
Fuz: 1) There is not an option to decide where to install each game. This is absolutely needed.
catpower1980: + 1

I generally go back and forth between two hard drives and different folders. It's a so basic feature that it would be a shame if that wasn't implented in the final release.
1. Alpha is not a final release ;)
2. For now, as a workaround you can change default install order in app settings between installations
Tallart: So why does The Witcher 2 not show up in my game list in GOG Galaxy??? I have the game install in my gog folder.
You have to do the scan for Galaxy to locate it. Worked fine with my Pillars of Eternity installation.
datapack: I'm assuming the client is supposed to be compatible with every game on GoG later, right?
I can't wait until I can get rid of hamachi and GR.
Of course! I believe that as of now only 20-sth games are not yet compatible in terms of installation and auto updating (down from like 600 when we launched the alpha :)
So far I have trying pointing to it, running the scan but it missed TW2 and Robin Hood, so now I'm trying to install the game from my "Library" page on Galaxy.
Other then that I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Galaxy app now can we just get The new Witcher Adv game on here.
Is there a bugtracker or any other place where feedback can be posted?
Minor bug: When the GoG Galaxy window is smaller than 1100~ish pixels, a second scroll bar appears. Probably something that has already been noted but just throwing it out there if it isn't.
Just downloaded the client and scanned for my games. It found 4 out of 6. I'm not exactly sure why. I scanned a second time but it still won't find the other two.
It would be nice if when launching a game from a desktop shortcut, with Galaxy not running, it would automatically launch Galaxy in the same time than (or just before) the game.

[ Info: a scan from Galaxy failed to detect the two games that were installed, Divinity 2 and Arcanum. They were installed in a custom folder: c:/Games/GOG/ )
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Merchito