It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
am i the only getting the "essential components needs to start gog galaxy are missing. please reinstall the applocation." error?
I can't seem to use the search button to find threads(it's unresponsive), but it works inside a thread and the result opens in my default browser instead of the galaxy client. And also the new post pop up window is too small and i always need to resize it :P

P.S. And i always get these random page refreshes, that take me to the Featured page.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by gogu87
Just received my alpha invite today and finally got around to installing the client. Used it to install a few games and so far everything seems to be running smoothly. Overall, the galaxy client with its planned features makes downloading games from gog easier than ever.

One feature that I would like to see in the future is the ability to manually sort games in the library. Personally, I like to keep game in the same series sorted so that they are together in release order, and that doesn't always happen with the current sort options.

Great job overall, and keep up the good work.
I installed Galaxy yesterday, and a few games with it. Tried to uninstall then reinstall to seek bugs, but nothing. Everything runs smoothly with a Win7 64-bit computer and a ~1.5MB/s Internet connection. I am actually writing this post from Galaxy.

I am planning to use Galaxy as a basic installer/updater software, and so far it does a great job for that. But I don't feel the need to run it permanently, so an easier way to definitely close the software than searching the GOG icon in the notification bar would be nice.

I will update my thoughts in a while after trying the AvP multiplayer.
darkwolf777: I keep checking my email hoping "today will be the day" ... sadly it is still not today, yet.
But *today* is that day! Whoop! Downloading now :)
Is it possible to register already installed game in the gog galaxy client ?
Zevka: Is it possible to register already installed game in the gog galaxy client ?
Click the "+" at the top left next to the search bar, and "Scan and import folders". Locate the folder the game is located in.

OR

Venom: - Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
~~~~~~~~~~
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way to see the size of a game before clicking "Install" is there? Metered internet areas may find it useful. I'd go on an install spree but for that.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by tikeno
I just got my invite and love what I've seen so far. Haven't done more than checking the client out and started downloading a few games so I have nothing to report yet. :)
It´s cool that we now got access to the community via galaxy. It´s not so cool that the "endless notification for a single reply"-bug returned...
Just a quick point to consider ... I'm running under OS X but I have the Crossover product which allows me to run lots (and lots and lots) of Windows applications and games.

When I use the new client the "Install" option for Windows games is (probably correctly) greyed out. However there is no "Download" option so I can't get at the install files to install it under Crossover.

Is it possible to (if install is unavailble) have a "Download" button appear in the UI?

PS. Really liking the app.
Looks very cool so far.

The thing that Steam really has compared to Galaxy is the convenience of having majority of the user's games readily available in one spot and that's the reason I've heard a lot of people not buying games from GOG.com or somewhere else (cos then they won't be on their Steam library). I have to agree to an extent.

I never open up Origin or Uplay unless I'm starting to play something that's on that platform and it's a real inconvenience. I can't imagine using Galaxy any more than I absolutely have to. PC games really lack a singular awesome launcher (because Steam definately doesn't work perfectly on that front) and I think that Galaxy has an amazing opportunity to BE that launcer. It would just require one thing.

- Let people add any game to Galaxy no matter where they got it from. I'm talking about anything from Batmud and WarCraft 1 to Skyrim and maybe Solitaire etc. Just give them the opportunity to have them all there in one place no matter what it eventually takes to launch them after they hit the "Play" button.
- It would also be AMAZING to have some sort of game wiki connected to Galaxy. When you hit that "Info" button on a game it would retrieve information about it from the wiki. So if a person wants to know what is this game called "Liero", there's some info written about it in the wiki even if it was just a game that the person added to the Galaxy client from their HDD.

The first thing is something that I would absolutely need to have in order to even consider Galaxy worth using EVER and the second thing is something that would really get me excited about it.

But I mean... it looks cool. :D
Post edited May 01, 2015 by January
Well, what I have to say are more suggestions, really.

It looks good so far. but the store looks a little bit too much in the center for me.
There's already the homepage, what I need (want), is a launcher for the games.
The news section is displayed all the time when I browse my games, so that should go first. If it HAS to be there, it should be on a tab on the right side which can also be hidden.

The games have sometimes REALLY long names, so that small space on the left side definitly is not large enough.

I would like to have an option to browse through all my games (installed and/or not installed) without having to click the "back" button or "library" button all the time. A similar view as on your homepage would be nice, maybe with keyboard support to browse through the list. A details view right of the list would then show me different options. Also the Windows hotkeys for "Forward" and "Back" should be supported.

Also it would be nice to be able to install games through pre-downloaded installer files.

Just my 5 cents. Looks good for an alpha.
Does the + and "scan and import folders" work for non-GoG games or is that still a not-yet-implemented future feature?

And an immediate thing I noticed, closing the client window doesn't close the client. Probably should add an option in settings, or add a menu bar so "exit" can be chosen directly instead of having to then right-click in the system tray area. <3 you, GoG, but when I'm not playing something or interacting with the community, I don't want the client running. I treat Steam, Battle.net and Desura the same.

[edit]Will have more feedback later today, just got the client installed and signed in but it's 1am and not going to fire up a game to start testing just yet :)
Post edited May 01, 2015 by darkwolf777
I just fiddled with Galaxy for the first time. Why do I see german labels on the client? Spiel, Handbuch? I live in Poland, and have English Windows.
http://i.imgur.com/go5josz.png

When I accidentally clicked on a game in my library (I do not have any games installed yet), I was at first confused on how to get back to the list of games, I was looking for some kind of "back button" - there was one at the top, but it is inactive.
It took me a few seconds to realize I need to click on "my games" button again.

Is this still a closed alpha? Can I share the installer file with anyone, or would you prefer me not to?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Simplex
Hi, found a weird issue with Legend of Grimrock 2. When I used the installter, it says "allocating disk space" and then fails immediately reporting a disk error. There is plenty of space on my disk... So I went for a manual download and everything is fine.
FYI, before that I also had a virus reported on the downloaded EXE so I excluded it (yes I'm so confident...) but then I still had the same problem while the AV no longer reported problems.

Wonder if there is not an issue on server side, like requesting terabytes for example? All other games installed smoothly.

Edit: After a complete manual re-install, Galaxy somehow synchronized and found the game. Now it appears to be working fine and even the integrity check is ok now. Not sure what happened...
Post edited May 01, 2015 by 4St4rs