It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
When the second batch of GOG Connect games became available, It immediately recognized Hotline Miami on my Steam account, but not Shadow Warrior. I've tried several times over the past two days, to no avail.
Is there any estimation of how long it should take before it too would be recognized?
i added a few (5) games to steam, but gog connect only detects 2 (baldurs gate & dex), while AI war, teslagrad and the masterplan still show up as unavailble

should i wait? might there be a bug?
skeletonbow: Hehe, to be clear - I wasn't fighting any sort of anti-piracy fight personally, but rather I see certain very strong merits to GOG and to Steam, each with pros and cons of their own, and I see a number of benefits they provide as being superior to what people might get from piracy of a given game.
Ah, I see. Well, I wasn't actually envisioning you with a baton beating people about the head or anything ;)

The situation is a bit different for me, since I hardly ever play any games with multiplayer, for example, so that aspect
is pretty much irrelevant to me. You may or may not remember though from a different conversation we had recently that I'm really innocent as a child (as in - I do not know how these things function, at all really) as regards the technical aspects of VPNs etc. So, I'm particularly vulnerable for... well, everything.
I also can see some scenarios where pirating a game (while still illegal) is an option I understand people will consider (ahem, I am from Germany, after all) as well as I could see piracy being defined in rather broad or more narrow terms (as regards for example "abandonware" and the like).
That being said, I have encountered a fair amount of smugness among the proudly pirating people that seldom fails to irate me. And, in my personal experience, the large scale pirates I've met (not that they I have met that many) don't have any more valid reason than "I don't want to pay for game x, but want to play now now now!".
Well, my intention is not to turn this into a large scale argument, btw - I guess most people have a pretty set opinion on the topic, and won't easily budge, one way or another ;)

skeletonbow: Then there are the big honking epic masterpieces that also may have replay value, like Skyrim, The Witcher 3. I've only completed each once, but I definitely will be doing at least one or more replays of The Witcher 3 in the future, however probably not a 350 hour play-through next time. :)
Oh, how fun - I've literally spent some 500 hrs with the Witcher 3, which is a thing I never do (but I'm a bit of a hardcore fan of the franchise, really). Otherwise - mostly single playthroughs as well, usually for time reasons or simply waning interest. There's always the next great thing around the corner... I've never owned Skyrim nor played it, which might be for the best. There are only ever so many hours in the day ;)
Does anyone have any suggestions on the "must have" games from the Interplay bundle? I was thinking about getting a few of the Star Trek titles, and I was wondering what other games would be worth my while.
astroclay: Does anyone have any suggestions on the "must have" games from the Interplay bundle? I was thinking about getting a few of the Star Trek titles, and I was wondering what other games would be worth my while.
Depending on who you ask, Shogo, Giants, Sacrifice, Earthworm Jim, Freespace, MDK. What kind of games are you looking to get?
astroclay: Does anyone have any suggestions on the "must have" games from the Interplay bundle? I was thinking about getting a few of the Star Trek titles, and I was wondering what other games would be worth my while.
THQ Nordic might have some suggestions if you wait a bit longer. :)
ZaineH: Depending on who you ask, Shogo, Giants, Sacrifice, Earthworm Jim, Freespace, MDK. What kind of games are you looking to get?
Well, I know for sure that I will be picking up Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek Judgement Rites. I was also thinking about getting Toonstruck and the two Freespace games. As for the the rest, well... I remain undecided. I already own a few of the titles available in the bundle (Earthworm Jim 1&2, Giants, and Redneck Rampage), so I just need to purchase at least seven titles to receive the full discount. I'm pretty open to anything but strategy games.
Thank you for fixing/changing Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404.
ZaineH: Depending on who you ask, Shogo, Giants, Sacrifice, Earthworm Jim, Freespace, MDK. What kind of games are you looking to get?
astroclay: Well, I know for sure that I will be picking up Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek Judgement Rites. I was also thinking about getting Toonstruck and the two Freespace games. As for the the rest, well... I remain undecided. I already own a few of the titles available in the bundle (Earthworm Jim 1&2, Giants, and Redneck Rampage), so I just need to purchase at least seven titles to receive the full discount. I'm pretty open to anything but strategy games.
I heartily recommend Freespace, particularly Freespace 2. That game was simply amazing, and I only found out about it a few years ago. The reason? Sometimes you just really need to blow up some alien spaceships, amiright? :) So, my search for the best space combat game out there led me to Freespace 2. Freespace 1 isn't quite as good, imo, but its campaign is definitely still worth a go at least once. I actually bought and played Freespace 2 first, which made me curious to play Freespace 1 afterwards. :)

Also, if you're the sort who likes to play older games with graphical improvements and such, the Freespace 2 Source Code Project is really, really good. It can be found at www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php. They are constantly working on increasing the quality of the graphics for the main game as well as coming out with new fan-made campaigns to this day (a couple of which are really quite good).

Anyway, I hope you have fun! Cheers!
Post edited October 01, 2016 by sgarff
astroclay: Well, I know for sure that I will be picking up Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek Judgement Rites. I was also thinking about getting Toonstruck and the two Freespace games. As for the the rest, well... I remain undecided. I already own a few of the titles available in the bundle (Earthworm Jim 1&2, Giants, and Redneck Rampage), so I just need to purchase at least seven titles to receive the full discount. I'm pretty open to anything but strategy games.
I'm not much for shooters usually, but MDK is just a stupid fun game with a quirky sense of humour. So consider that seconded.
Time to drop another huge steaming... err... i mean code in here. :D

Dragonsphere (GOG):

9C188-52E3E-56A97-A4D45
I've just got Shadow Warrior to be recognized by GOG Connect, finally.
I'm a, more or less, happy camper :-)
eyaldror: I've just got Shadow Warrior to be recognized by GOG Connect, finally.
I'm a, more or less, happy camper :-)
You should also get Hard Reset Redux on GOG since it has 85% off for Shadow Warrior 2013 owners.
Weekend is almost here you guys!

But until then...another day of deals (and a new release) coming!
Whooo....