It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
Lemon_Curry: Nice though you can do that in 1701 as well. :)
Maxvorstadt: Didn`t know that, haven`t played it. I tried 1602 and 1503 before, but never really got into those games. I decided to give 1404 a try when I saw it on sale and I didn`t regret it yet.
Still, even though it was not as configurable in 1602 and 1503 (you had a selection of variants of different difficulty), the free, endless game mode always was the central part of the game. The campaigns were nice to have, but most people (including myself) probably played endless mode most in all these games.
Post edited October 02, 2016 by Pherim
eiii: Edit: And I forgot, to make it worse, you cannot give orders when the game is paused. Is that fixed in any other Men of War game?
Ixamyakxim: Are you sure about this?
Yes. I've tried it.

Ixamyakxim: While it's not on sale at the moment have you ever given Soldiers: Heroes of World War II a try? It lacks the "close up" feel of Men of War, and some of the gorgeous visuals, but it's still plenty pretty. And the gameplay feels a bit more "tactical" and closer to what you're looking for.
I prefer simple graphics for this kind of games. The screenshots look good. They somewhat remind me of Blitzkrieg, my favorite game of the genre. I'll have a look at this game. Thanks for the pointer!

Ixamyakxim: Though I think the game still highly rewards (and requires!) you to set up lines, but then jump in the shoes of one of your guys. They're just far more effective when you do the action gameplay.
As I rather prefer to be the strategic commander and not to do the dirty work of directly controlling individual soldiers in this kind of games, which game does this comment refer to, Men of War or Soldiers: Heroes of World War II?
Post edited October 03, 2016 by eiii
mecharma: So how's everyone dealing with the aftermath of the first week sf school?
School? :)
mecharma: So how's everyone dealing with the aftermath of the first week sf school?
skeletonbow: School? :)
School is for stupid people.
GOG: Tyrrhia, what fat wallet you have!
Tyrrhia: All the better to spend it during the November / December sales, my GOG!

So yeah, I didn't buy anything this sale. It didn't have as much attraction as the usual big sale, and I'd already spent quite a lot of money on other entertainment stuff. But I will correct that at the end of the year!
Tyrrhia: GOG: Tyrrhia, what fat wallet you have!
Tyrrhia: All the better to spend it during the November / December sales, my GOG!

So yeah, I didn't buy anything this sale. It didn't have as much attraction as the usual big sale, and I'd already spent quite a lot of money on other entertainment stuff. But I will correct that at the end of the year!
...is that a pinky promise?
Tyrrhia: GOG: Tyrrhia, what fat wallet you have!

mecharma: ...is that a pinky promise?
Hmm . . .

~turns to think about it~ Everyone I've ever met told me I shouldn't trust any goblin; I hope those were just lies to scare the children away.

Don't you deceive me, goblin, or I'll use your blood to redecorate my walls!
mecharma: ...is that a pinky promise?
Tyrrhia: Hmm . . .

~turns to think about it~ Everyone I've ever met told me I shouldn't trust any goblin; I hope those were just lies to scare the children away.

Yessir!
Ixamyakxim: Though I think the game still highly rewards (and requires!) you to set up lines, but then jump in the shoes of one of your guys. They're just far more effective when you do the action gameplay.
eiii: As I rather prefer to be the strategic commander and not to do the dirty work of directly controlling individual soldiers in this kind of games, which game does this comment refer to, Men of War or Soldiers: Heroes of World War II?
Both :(

In Soldiers you basically do exactly all the same stuff as Men of War - including taking command of your little guys. But it seems like when you AREN'T commanding them, they do perform better than your experience with Men of War. Otherwise, they look like very similar games (except you don't get the sexy visual or "tight in" camera of Men of War in Soldiers).
Tyrrhia: Hmm . . .

mecharma: Yessir!
As a proof of goodwill, I have just bought Inquisitor from the Weekly Staff Picks. (Unfortunately, I have no time to play it, so it shall rest in my backlog for the time being. :P )