It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
noxtheroxstar: Who the hell is going back to school this late in the month of September?
Me.
Kind of ironic for them to hold a "back to school" sale, seeing as the books cost so darn much, you have nary a penny to spend afterwards.
Well, maybe just enough for a game or two, but still.
Still waiting for Anno 1404 - Dawn of Discovery fix.
Thank you GOG Team!. I don't have any game from the connect list but maybe next time! ^_^
noxtheroxstar: Who the hell is going back to school this late in the month of September?
Yo! Just started today, in fact... and 16 years after I graduated high school. Heh.
nice although i have already replaced the games i had on steam with gog ones when they first came out here but it will be good for a lot of people will get a free drm copy
Zoidberg: Too bad about Vampire Masquerade not being 75% off again, make it that way and you'll get a sale, guys!
eiii: Again? Do you mean Bloodlines? Had that already been discounted by 75% on GOG? The maximum discount I remember was about 67%, the same as it's discounted now.
It has been discounted by 75% on Steam. Waiting for a similar sale here.
Why must you tease me, Dying Light? To be honest, I'd still like to see Dead Rising show up though.
So I did it. I signed up to GoG connect. It's not like I'll ever use steam again, but I do happen to have a few games on Steam that are here on GoG that could transfer over at a later point, like VTM: Bloodlines as a big one, and two or three others.

I'm just disappointed there isn't a list of games total that have been on the program, or rather that it has such small 1-week windows, since I might have missed one for a good game already or already re-purchased the game.

Anyways... guess i'll keep an eye the next time this rolls around.
GOG Connect is back! Yay! :)
Thank you Egosoft and GOG for X-Gold. Received and redeemed. ^_^
high rated
Ghorpm’s "don’t miss this hidden gem" recommendation

The Nations Gold (a.k.a. Alien Nations 2)

The first thing you should know is that the first game, namely Alien Nations is a bland strategy game, heavily inspired by the Settlers series and with a few (almost) game breaking bugs. Nothing really special so while you can still grab it (especially at that price) it’s not necessary. The Nations, however, improves on almost everything over its predecessor and is a very solid game with a few brilliant ideas, I'll try to mention the most important:

Realistic development. Add a few dwellings and your unit limit will increase? Forget about it! You can build as many houses as you wish but that alone will get you absolutely nothing! The basic unit of your society is a family (duh!). After some time children will grow up, move out from their parents and look for a spouse to start a new family. And then you are supposed to provide them a nice place to live and a suitable job. They can live without them for a short time (unemployment is not as bad as being homeless) but will get unhappy if it takes long enough. In practice that means you have to develop your city all the time. You cannot say to yourself: my economy is fine, I don't need more workers because I don't want to feed them (yes, you have to provide food and water for every worker!). If you don't create new workplaces unemployed folks will become criminals and being a mayor of a SinCity is not an easy task ;)

Technological advance has its drawback too! After fulfilling a few requirements you can advance to a new era which enables you to make better inventions. But be careful! The demands of your people will increase too. They may want some luxury items and/or more temples so make sure you can cope with it because otherwise... have I mentioned SinCity? I believe I have!

Trade and diplomacy. Now, that's where the game really shines. Trading is a very important part of the game. I wasted a lot of time during a few first missions because I didn't realize how important it was to trade! First of all there is a merchant guild (run by the storks, no less). In most cases they are willing to trade everything but they tend to be greedy. You can, however, trade with your neighbors. They won't accept every offer but you will get a much better deal with them. And most important of all trading influences your relations so sometimes it's advisable to strike a deal even if you don't need their resources badly. Just to show them you are cooperative. You will have a lot of problems if you forget about that. It's also important to mention that each nation can produce only a few luxury goods and you'll need all of them so you are bound to trade!

Military units. Build a barracks and spam your enemy with countless warriors? Well, forget about it too! You can only build limited amount of strongholds and all you can do is to hire a warlord to occupy them. But remember! You'll have to pay something in advance and a daily fee. Otherwise the warlord will leave you. Each warlord has a different demands and what's most important - he comes with a different army! So it's not advisable to hire a cheap warlord who has only one or two followers. He won't do much in battles and he will occupy one of your strongholds! Set a reasonable hiring standards! Oh, and by the way. Warlords are the only units you can directly control (their followers will... well, follow them ;). The idea of hiring your military units is really great but unfortunately battles are a bit messy and tedious - conquering a fortified city is not a pleasant task (and sometimes it's your mission objective!)

The game is really good and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Maybe it’s not the best strategy game ever but very enjoyable nonetheless.

TL;DR Buy The Nations
vsr: GOG Connect is back! Yay! :)
Thank you Egosoft and GOG for X-Gold. Received and redeemed. ^_^
Yeah, I bought those the day they landed here despite having them on Steam.

Every time they do a Connect offer I curse a bit for having already purchased the game again.

Of course I don't mind paying for a GOG copy, it's Steam copies I hate to buy.

Now, Homeworld, that I wouldn't mind seeing. I have a Steam copy, but the sales haven't gone low enough for me to buy it again here.
Post edited September 27, 2016 by liamphoenix
Petrell: The enhanced editions (at least ones you purchase here) come with keys to original versions. You can find them clicking game in your library, clicking more and choosing serial keys.
JKeift: Thank you! I was trying to do that from the Galaxy client and the option just didn't show up. Worked flawlessly from my Library on the website.

Thanks again for your help.
You're welcome. Have fun playing!
I wish I was going back to school. Being old isn't much fun kids.
Punkster_Daddy: I wish I was going back to school. Being old isn't much fun kids.
my favorite times were in 4th grade... Mmmm now i miss it too...
Anyone ready for DAY 2?!