It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Psyringe: In the end, what won me the match (apart from an eerie series of double-skulls on MafiaK1's part) was the fact that I had lots of inducements to spend, and although star players never quite worked out for me, I bought Eldril and Jordell. Especially Eldril was a tremendous asset in this match, his Hypnotize skill constantly opened pathways and prevented block assists. And Jordell managed to sack MafiaK1's ball carrier very early in the match with a risky 1-die block.

I don't think I played very well, actually. I allowed his cage to outmaneuver me even though my players are quicker, and made a stupid move when I ran out of time. In the beginning of the second half, I mistakenly thought I would be kicking instead of receiving, and ran out of time while re-organizing my line-up. Then I built a risky half-cage while not realizing that the opponent had a player with Frenzy on the pitch. But in the end I got lucky.
MafiaK1: to make it short ;)
i had like 14( or more ) double redskulls, 6 times it was the first bash so i had to reroll.
2 GFI failed of 2, some wild animals, alot of pushes instead of something good.

on the other side 1 of 10 gfi failed, not a single double red, even on the loner the reroll worked and the one dice blocks didnt fail a single time ;) every turn he needed to dodge out of my tz ( i got some tackle player ) with 6 or more ppl and guess what? it failed 1 time?

"lucky" isnt a matching word for this game ...
That match resembles a lot of my matches so you have my sympathy on that one.
Hammerfists scored the third goal in round 27 (!) and finally won a long and hard match against Pirans Underworld team 3:2.
In the third play-off, Hanno beat Piranjade 4-2 in an absolutely nerve-wrecking match.

I think I've never seen so Nuffle so sadistic like in this match against Piran. He wrecked her right from the start, than let her fight and fight and come back, and right when it looked like she could pull of a heroic victory, he destroyed her.

The wood elves send hugs to Piran and the Misfits. Yes, even for the troll.

Also, grats to Hanno for coming back when all seemed lost already!
HannoB: Hammerfists scored the third goal in round 27 (!) and finally won a long and hard match against Pirans Underworld team 3:2.
That was real thriller to spectate. Big GG for both of you!
With one match left to go, we have a pretty clear picture of the semi-finals. We're keeping this as cross-divisional as possible, so the next matches are somewhat determined.

Hamburg Hammerfists (HannoB) vs. Natural Disaster (Psyringe)

Runic Sleeping Pills (mefet) vs. Sewer Swappers (kanarek)/Nagarythe Decadence (E_A)

The reason being that in cross-divisional, the highest-ranked from one gets automatically the lowest from the other division. So, essentially, both top seeds won from both divisions, ensuring they won't play each other.

If E_A wins, it's both 1 and 3 seeds--easy cross-division matches of Dwarf/Wood Elf and Dwarf/Dark Elf.

If kanarek wins, then it's both 1 seeds, a 2 seed from division 1 and a 3 seed from division 1. Thus, the higher of the one seeds (in essence, the only team from division 2) get the lowest remaining team from outside their division. The other two then play each other.

Fun stuff ahead, folks...looking forward to the last match of round 1!
Sewer Swappers vs. Nagarythe Decadence will most likely happen this evening around 20.30. Still a bit unsure regarding the details since I'm alone with the kids today ;-)

EDIT: Delayed for uncertain time. We're both sick and trying to recover enough to have a game atm.

EDIT2: He hasn't been online since, so today's game is off. We'll have to see about a rematch since I will have to prepare a conference appearance this week :-(.
Post edited February 09, 2014 by E_A
Sorry E_A and others. I do not feel well those days, so if we are in some pressure to move the play-off day. I am willing to concede the game.

I am not sure, when I will be able to play, but me and E_A are in touch and we will try to make the match happen:).
E_A: Sewer Swappers vs. Nagarythe Decadence will most likely happen this evening around 20.30. Still a bit unsure regarding the details since I'm alone with the kids today ;-)

EDIT: Delayed for uncertain time. We're both sick and trying to recover enough to have a game atm.

EDIT2: He hasn't been online since, so today's game is off. We'll have to see about a rematch since I will have to prepare a conference appearance this week :-(.
kanarek: Sorry E_A and others. I do not feel well those days, so if we are in some pressure to move the play-off day. I am willing to concede the game.

I am not sure, when I will be able to play, but me and E_A are in touch and we will try to make the match happen:).
Impatient spectator here :)
Post edited February 11, 2014 by iippo
kanarek: Sorry E_A and others. I do not feel well those days, so if we are in some pressure to move the play-off day. I am willing to concede the game.

I probably wouldn't have time to play my semi-final before the weekend anyway, so from my perspective, there's no need for you two to hurry. Personally I'd be very curious to see how the Sewer Swappers (the only team who's beaten mine so far in this season) against E_A's agility monsters. :)
Unlikely to happen now I'm afraid. He's been off-line for two days now due to sickness and I leave for a conference in Bologna tomorrow and won't be back until next week.
back alive and kicking, but I fear a bit too late

if we have time to play, than I am more than happy to wait for the end of conference
if the time is the issue, please give the victory to E_A as the reason to not play was on my side
Anyone seen Piran / E_A or heard anything?

Seems ive had bad timing catching actually anyone online this week.

Sorry for the delay everyone.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by iippo
Hiya, Returned from Italy yesterday evening. Still somewhat groggy but basically available again. :-)
E_A, kanarek...can we make this game happen soon...?
Later on there will be fixed deadlines for playoffs/semis/finals as well. We'll post the details later.

It would be shame to have to Nuffle the winner, but it seems there is need to really decide how to handle this sort of situation without deciding case-by-case.

Yet again: Sorry everyone for the delay.