It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Attention GOG Blood Bowl Participants:

A bit of housekeeping to attend to.

E_A and kanarek, you are hereby assigned a 48-hour period to play your playoff game. The delays have not been ideal and many people have been waiting to move into Round 2 of the playoffs. Having the playoffs hung up because of this game is only understandable to a point. This point has been crossed and unfortunately, we need to move on.

If your game is not completed by Saturday, 21 February at 23:59 GMT +2, then appropriate actions will be taken to advance the playoffs forward.

Also, moving on to the semi-finals and the finals, fixed periods of 5 days to complete games are going to be enforced. We should have comfortably been done with these playoffs at the end of this month.

Moving forward, the admin team will work to create a more concrete game plan for things that cause delays like this, but at this time, this is the best that can be offered.

We do not like to do this, but the delays have grown to a point where we cannot continue to sit on our hands. I will take responsibility for not pushing this harder because real life got in the way once again.

E_A and kanarek, the ball is on your side of the pitch.
Please give victory E_A. We were talking about playing today, but it will not be possible. I have to visit one more customer tomorrow(unplanned) -> no game for me as I will be somewhere "On the Road".
Semi-finals are upon us!

1. Mefet's dwarfs vs E_A's darkies

2. Psyringe's woodies vs Stampede's dwarfs.

Who shall emerge victorious from the battles of beards and pointy ears?
Natural Disaster vs. Hamburg Hammerfists is scheduled for Saturday, 20:00 local German time (GMT+1).

Also, thanks t everyone who donate new prizes to the prize pool! We received some very generous donations, I will provide a full list within the next few days. If someone want's to add more prizes, you can always drop me a note. :)
Update: I just received a chat message, apparently the Hamburg Hammerfists won't be able to enter the pitch on Saturday. It seems that my plan to spike their beer supply worked a little bit _too_ well. We wanted to make them drowsy, not make them reschedule the match. Darn. ;)

We're currently trying to reschedule for Sunday.
Update: The match between Hamburg Hammerfists and Natural Disaster has been rescheduled for Sunday, 20:00 local time (GMT+1).
Donating two more games: Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Both are steam keys, like all my other donations.
Natural Disaster vs. Hamburg Hammerfists is starting about now. :)
In a nice match (though without any truly spectacular scenes), the Hamburg Hammerfists beat Natural Disaster 2-1. I scored early, but couldn't keep Hanno from scoring at the end of each half.

I think I had my chances, but some crucial dodges just didn't work. Both my wardancers were knocked out in both of Hanno's drives. The one time I managed to sack his ball carrier, the ball scattered to an AG4 dwarf who caught it. Towards the end he also injured the one player who might have been able to pull off an equalizer.

Hanno's blocks weren't stellar either - no skulls, but lots of pushes. During some parts of the match, I felt that the dwarves were blocking like elves, whereas the elves were dodging like dwarves. ;)

In the end, although my team did put a decent performance on the pitch, it just wasn't good enough today. But still, it was a great season, and everyone is invited to join the end-of-season festivities. Formal attire is not required - clothing is overrated, especially when elves throw a party.

Replay is here.
(obsoleted)
Post edited March 01, 2014 by Psyringe
(obsoleted)
Post edited March 01, 2014 by Psyringe
E_A and I will play our match this night around 9:00 pm gmt +1
E_A won fair and square 0-3.
I have a lot of fun with this game, even with the terrilbe lag we suffered during all the match.
I'm still taking a rest for some time, but I congratulate the dark elves on this victory. Good luck on the finals!
Matches validated.

THE FINALS ARE UPON US!

HannoB's Hamburg Hammerfists vs. E_A's Nagarythe Decadence!

Dwarf vs. Dark Elf! One shall stand, one shall fall!

Good luck to both coaches!
Post edited February 24, 2014 by Zeta
A very fun game that was closer than the score would suggest.

Both teams did what they do best: the elves did looong passes and desperate moves and the Dwarves murdered people :-).

Final body count: 2 dead, one crippled, one MNG and one BH. And I will be playing the finals without my agility monster.

After he was brought to the dugout, my apo offered to sacrifice him to Slaanesh for luck in the finals but I politely refused (and had the guy stripped of any bladed implements to be on the safe side). Let's see if this was a good decision ...
Dwarf vs. Dark Elf! One shall stand, one shall fall!
I have a pretty good idea who will be doing the falling here ;-)
Post edited February 25, 2014 by E_A