It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ready, set, Murder!

"Thongs Of Doom & Despair" will hit the pitch next season ;)
Post edited February 03, 2014 by iippo
iippo: Ready, set, Murder!

I guessed Amazons or Khorne before I looked it up. :-)

But really, two re-rolls and no Apo just to get the Bloodthirster in - I wouldn't recommend that.
iippo: Ready, set, Murder!

Piranjade: I guessed Amazons or Khorne before I looked it up. :-)

But really, two re-rolls and no Apo just to get the Bloodthirster in - I wouldn't recommend that.
...and since when vampire and/or khorne coaches have been sane? <.<
my game against vitek ended 3:1 in my favor.

the start was bad for me but in turn 3 the table turned and i Ko´ed, hurt alot of him

replay:http://wikisend.com/download/458496/Replay_Weekly_S3_D2_R13_MafiaK1-Vitek.db

and for the next season you can count me in but i im not sure what im going to play
MafiaK1: and for the next season you can count me in but i im not sure what im going to play
Added

Piranjade: I guessed Amazons or Khorne before I looked it up. :-)

iippo: ...and since when vampire and/or khorne coaches have been sane? <.<
As an Underworld coach I don't discuss sanity. ;-)
But I do recommend this guide:
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&amp;t=1953
(second post for different rosters)
MafiaK1: and for the next season you can count me in but i im not sure what im going to play
Piranjade: Added

Piranjade: As an Underworld coach I don't discuss sanity. ;-)
I still can't get my positions right on the starting line as no matter what I do my opponent just picks me apart. Every guide I read about this assumes you already have a metric ton of skills. Do you or anyone else know where I can get some help with that where they take into account that you are lacking a few skills in the beginning?

Piranjade: As an Underworld coach I don't discuss sanity. ;-)
ive read that quite some time ago already and i must say i disregard all the "safety gear options".

To my eyes there is one valid and one almost valid start roster. Mine and then the other with 3rerolls, Thongthirster and ten linos.

...khorne need the guard asap = khorne heralds + bloodletters + thongthirster rightaway and sink as much spp to them as possible to boot. They are all pretty expensive, so buying them - or even just the Thongthirster is just way way too slow to my taste.

Sure its risky...but if youre riskaverse, then certainly one shouldnt play vamps nor KhD to begin with ;)

JudasIscariot: I still can't get my positions right on the starting line as no matter what I do my opponent just picks me apart. Every guide I read about this assumes you already have a metric ton of skills. Do you or anyone else know where I can get some help with that where they take into account that you are lacking a few skills in the beginning?
who picks whom apart? :D
Post edited February 03, 2014 by iippo

iippo: ive read that quite some time ago already and i must say i disregard all the "safety gear options".

To my eyes there is one valid and one almost valid start roster. Mine and then the other with 3rerolls, Thongthirster and ten linos.

...khorne need the guard asap = khorne heralds + bloodletters + thongthirster rightaway and sink as much spp to them as possible to boot. They are all pretty expensive, so buying them - or even just the Thongthirster is just way way too slow to my taste.

Sure its risky...but if youre riskaverse, then certainly one shouldnt play vamps nor KhD to begin with ;)
JudasIscariot: I still can't get my positions right on the starting line as no matter what I do my opponent just picks me apart. Every guide I read about this assumes you already have a metric ton of skills. Do you or anyone else know where I can get some help with that where they take into account that you are lacking a few skills in the beginning?
iippo: who picks whom apart? :D
I usually end up getting picked apart, bad starting dice rolls notwithstanding ...
I lost 3-1 to MafiaK1.

Pretty straightforward match as I stood little chance. I always have problems with bashy teams and it showed.
I quite expected it and induced myself with another apo and 2 Budweiser Girls.
It started well for me when I injured 2 MafiaK's player in first 2 turns. By turn 4 on the other hand I had only 2 or 3 players standing and some injured.
A several times throught the match I had no one standing and before 3rd TD I didn't even bother to stand with anyone and only let MafiaK score.
When MafiaK got hold of ball there was absolutely nothing I could do stop him and I was only trying to delay him us much as possible to make the score lower.
I had chance for 2 TD in first half after Mafiak scored but MafiaK had chance to blitz me with one player. He had to GFI and could only get me with DD or BD and he succeeded and injured my star skink in the process, then he quickly recovered the ball from TD line and quickly proceeded to score himself. If there wasn't Riot he wouldn't make it though.
I managed scored the only one on T15, when it was already 3-0. I had to blitz with my ball carrying AG2 Saurus, then Dodge from another player and then GFI and somehow it worked without even using re-roll.

I injured 2 Mafia's players he got 7 of mine (4 Skinks 3 Saurii). 6 of them were BH, the another one had -AG but my apo saved him and he returned to match later. (Btw. what would happen to him? Would he die with 0AG or could he still play?)
Thanks to surviving this match I can declare this season successful injury wise. Although I am unable to inflict injury and that I had ton of BH, I had not a single permanent injury nor death this season and I think not even MNG.
Nice change from last season when I had 2 deaths, at least 4 permanents and some MNG too.

Replay.

EDIT: Too slow.
Post edited February 03, 2014 by Vitek
Which team are we talking about?

In general, for an unskilled team, the recommended strategy for the scrimmage line is just minimizing damage. Put the players there that you care least about and that can be stunned/ko'd without hugely affecting your strategy and options.
Vitek: I injured 2 Mafia's players he got 7 of mine (4 Skinks 3 Saurii). 6 of them were BH, the another one had -AG but my apo saved him and he returned to match later. (Btw. what would happen to him? Would he die with 0AG or could he still play?)
I think stats dont get reduced below 1. Probably just MNG result with 1 turning into red and the injury text being to the players "skills".
Psyringe: Which team are we talking about?

In general, for an unskilled team, the recommended strategy for the scrimmage line is just minimizing damage. Put the players there that you care least about and that can be stunned/ko'd without hugely affecting your strategy and options.
I am talking Nurgle, of course :)

I am trying to come up with some sort of strategy that will minimize the opponent's ability to just flood my side of the field. Yes, I know, Nurgle = slow starters. I have tried all kinds of formations because I believe that if you have a decent start when you're waiting for your opponent to move, then you have a better chance of recovering.

The starting formation really gets me when I have to go first which means my opponent can just work around that before the first block is thrown since I have no idea where he's going to place dudes on LoS. Not sure if I am communicating this properly :)
Psyringe: Which team are we talking about?

JudasIscariot: I am talking Nurgle, of course :)

I am trying to come up with some sort of strategy that will minimize the opponent's ability to just flood my side of the field. Yes, I know, Nurgle = slow starters. I have tried all kinds of formations because I believe that if you have a decent start when you're waiting for your opponent to move, then you have a better chance of recovering.

The starting formation really gets me when I have to go first which means my opponent can just work around that before the first block is thrown since I have no idea where he's going to place dudes on LoS. Not sure if I am communicating this properly :)
...you know you could spectate some random nurgle/chaos/orc matches in BB? They all play pretty identically with 4x S4 dudes + 1x bigguy.

Anyways, If i was defending, id probably put 2 of the S4's bit wider and deeper and + bigguy on LOS.

If attacking, id go closer to LOS.

Ofcourse it all depends on your opponent, his ability to bash and naturally Mv.
JudasIscariot: I am talking Nurgle, of course :)

iippo: ...you know you could spectate some random nurgle/chaos/orc matches in BB? They all play pretty identically with 4x S4 dudes + 1x bigguy.

Anyways, If i was defending, id probably put 2 of the S4's bit wider and deeper and + bigguy on LOS.

If attacking, id go closer to LOS.

Ofcourse it all depends on your opponent, his ability to bash and naturally Mv.
Where does it show matches currently playing in BB?
The set-up does depend on your team and then on the team's skills and on whether you're kicking or receiving. There is no recipe that fits all, I fear..

For Nurgle I'd say use Rotters for the line of scrimmage when you're kicking, and only just three of them or two + beast of Nurgle.

Put your Nurgle Warriors on the line of scrimmage when you're receiving. If you want you can put the beast on the line of scrimmage as well but I prefer it as a movable road block.

Your Pestigors have to pick up the ball when you're receiving, and then move forward in a cage of Rotters while the Nurgle Warriors open up the way and the beast binds annoying players.

When your kicking, your Pestigors can "sting" the opposing players where needed as they are your fastest players and have horns, so they can blitz a ST3 player on their own.
The beast of Nurgle is put in the way of the opposing cage or directly next to one or two of the cage's pillars to stop the cage from moving. You can then pummel the cage with Pestigors and Warriors until you get the ball.

In general:
Don't put more than 3 players on the line of scrimmage when you're kicking but don't fall back too far with the rest.
Don't put players too close to the sidelines if the opponent has many or strong players with frenzy.
If you're receiving already decide which player will do what when setting them on the field.
Post edited February 03, 2014 by Piranjade