It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: *snip*
If you haven't gotten it already, I can vouch for Sword Coast Legends. It's got some weird loot issues that are common with Neverwinter (I'm assuming it's the new ruleset for D&D) but it's a good game imo. A lot of love was put into it, and I'm sad that nSpace went belly up over it.

Is it NWN 3? No, but it's a good game on its own.
Post edited November 20, 2016 by Leucius
Leroux: *snip*
Leucius: If you haven't gotten it already, I can vouch for Sword Coast Legends. It's got some weird loot issues that are common with Neverwinter (I'm assuming it's the new ruleset for D&D) but it's a good game imo. A lot of love was put into it, and I'm sad that nSpace went belly up over it.

Actually, I did get it, and I didn't regret it so far. I can totally relate to your feelings. I found a lot to like about it, and I felt bad about the developers getting so much flak, despite doing such a nice job - just not the one that everyone was hoping for. I guess a lot of the hate is due to the way the game was marketed, and I can totally understand the disappointment if someone bought it for $40 with hopes of being able to create their own NWN style adventures for it, or being the Dungeon Master for a group of friends, as advertised. But the single player campaign is fun to play and definitely worth the $10 I paid and more. I don't really see such a big difference to games like NWN2 or Pillars of Eternity in this regard. Of course it does have its flaws (my personal pet peeves are the single slot save system and companions who stay behind not leveling up along with your active party), but it does a lot of things right and better than some of its predecessors in the genre as well.
Post edited November 20, 2016 by Leroux
Leucius: If you haven't gotten it already, I can vouch for Sword Coast Legends. It's got some weird loot issues that are common with Neverwinter (I'm assuming it's the new ruleset for D&D) but it's a good game imo. A lot of love was put into it, and I'm sad that nSpace went belly up over it.

Leroux: Actually, I did get it, and I didn't regret it so far. I can totally relate to your feelings. I found a lot to like about it, and I felt bad about the developers getting so much flak, despite doing such a nice job - just not the one that everyone was hoping for. I guess a lot of the hate is due to the way the game was marketed, and I can totally understand the disappointment if someone bought it for $40 with hopes of being able to create their own NWN style adventures for it, or being the Dungeon Master for a group of friends, as advertised. But the single player campaign is fun to play and definitely worth the $10 I paid and more. I don't really see such a big difference to games like NWN2 or Pillars of Eternity in this regard. Of course it does have its flaws (my personal pet peeves are the single slot save system and companions who stay behind not leveling up along with your active party), but it does a lot of things right and better than some of its predecessors in the genre as well.
What do you need the 3rd party account for? Such things are usually a deal breaker for me.

BTW you might also have a look at Ember (did I already mention this?).
Post edited November 20, 2016 by dyscode
dyscode: What do you need the 3rd party account for? Such things are usually a deal breaker for me.
That's what I don't like about it. It seems they store your character and save file online like in an MMO, maybe to facilitate multiplayer, so that players can join each others' games at any time, but if you just play it in single player mode that seems like a very weird design decision. You only need an e-mail address to sign up for that account the first time you start the game and afterwards you don't see anything related to this account again - not sure if you're logged into it automatically behind the scene or whether it's not even necessary and they just wanted you to sign up for their forums - but I guess there's no guarantee about what happens to the game if any support is cancelled and the account servers are shut down, too ...

I'm playing through the game right now and when I'm done I'll probably never replay it, so I can live with that thought, also seeing that I didn't pay that much, but I can definitely understand if that's a deal breaker to some. Made me hesitate as well.

dyscode: BTW you might also have a look at Ember (did I already mention this?).
Never heard about Ember before, thanks!
Post edited November 20, 2016 by Leroux
dyscode: BTW you might also have a look at Ember (did I already mention this?).
Leroux: Never heard about Ember before, thanks!
:)
XCOM 2 is 20Euro on DE.Gamesplanet.com

and FarCry 4 is 12.49Ero

ADDONS:
GMG has a Black Friday Sale. Extra 10% off with BLACKFRIDAY10
Bundlestars have BF-Sale. Extra 11% off with BLACKFRIDAY11

an for Mac useres: Alien Isolation Collection is €15 in the AppStore

There is also a Feral Interactive-Sale in the MacAppStore
Post edited November 22, 2016 by dyscode
PSN has a Black Friday sale going on plus a 10% off coupon code "D9NGJ7NF3L"

PSN Sale Link

Also, Origin is having a Black Friday Sale. Some good deals on Origin-only games like Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY for $15 and Crysis 3 for $5

Origin Sale Link

And finally, in case you haven't checked Gog's home page, Gog is having a Black Friday sale.

Gog Sale Link
"Mafia III" is 30% off (at $35) already at Humble Store ...
<span class="bold">The Humble Staff Picks Bundle: Nick</span>

PWYW ($1 for Steam keys)
Volume (Also for Mac)
TIS-100 (Also for Mac and Linux)
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Also for Mac)

BTA
Infinifactory (Also for Mac and Linux)
The Secret World
Dungeons 2 (Also for Mac and Linux)

$14
Grim Dawn

Infinifactory, Legend of Grimrock 2 and TIS-100 come with a DRM-Free download and a Steam key. The rest come only with a Steam key.
Post edited November 22, 2016 by Grargar
Humble Monthly Leftovers Bundle?

I'm loving the 1st tier.
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (iTunes, Google Play) is on sale for $3.99 from the iTunes app store and the Google Play Store. Only difference between these versions and the PSP version is that they removed the multiplayer. :(

IPod Link
Android Link
Grargar: <span class="bold">The Humble Staff Picks Bundle: Nick</span>

PWYW ($1 for Steam keys)
Volume (Also for Mac)

BTA
The Secret World

$14
Grim Dawn

Infinifactory, Legend of Grimrock 2 and TIS-100 come with a DRM-Free download and a Steam key. The rest come only with a Steam key.
Too bad Grim Dawn doesn't have the DRM Free version, that'd be a really good deal.
wanderer_27: Too bad Grim Dawn doesn't have the DRM Free version, that'd be a really good deal.
Well, the only DRM-Free version is the GOG one and since Humble very rarely offers GOG keys, I wouldn't hold my breath over it happening.
Post edited November 22, 2016 by Grargar
Oh darn, and I just bought TIS-100 in the GOG sale! The BTA's still pretty tempting to me though...that's a pretty good deal for Infinifactory, which I've been eyeing for a while.
Is The Secret World worth it without the DLCs?

Grargar: <span class="bold">The Humble Staff Picks Bundle: Nick</span>

PWYW ($1 for Steam keys)
Volume (Also for Mac)

BTA
The Secret World

$14
Grim Dawn