It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GamersGate daily deal: Titan Quest Gold Edition (Other DRM*) -80%.

*The game's "Other DRM" is an offline serial. and it's, currently, the only Steam-less version of the game available, alongside older retail copies that are published by THQ (the newer retail copies published by Nordic require Steam).
Post edited July 05, 2015 by Grargar
JaqFrost: Shattered Planet, DRM-free. BTA for the OST in MP3 & FLAC
A survival adventure on a dangerous world, searching for the cure for an all-devouring darkness. Punching aliens ... for science! Shattered Planet is a survival-exploration role-playing game set in a futurist world. The game is an uncompromising turn-based RPG, with endlessly generated content and over two hundred differently powerful items to find.
cecil: Steam key unlock now cost $1.99 up from $1.00 important stealth change.
Actually looks like it's a $1.99 minimum not a PWYW deal... :(
PaterAlf: The minimum you can pay at the moment is $1.00. When you drag the PWYW slider farther to the left, the price goes up again instead of down. I'm not sure, but it looks like a bug to me.
I noticed this deal too. Had seen it in the site's store a few days ago too and seemed interesting, but had fairly negative reviews on Steam, so I'm a bit reluctant to pay more than a minimal amount. Thus, a question: If I pay say $1.05 will I get at least the DRM-free copy of the game or that price will only get me Nothing(tm)? Also has anybody played this game, and if yes, did you like it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Treasure: I noticed this deal too. Had seen it in the site's store a few days ago too and seemed interesting, but had fairly negative reviews on Steam, so I'm a bit reluctant to pay more than a minimal amount. Thus, a question: If I pay say $1.05 will I get at least the DRM-free copy of the game or that price will only get me Nothing(tm)?
I just checked and it's indeed not possible to pay less than $1.99. If you try, the site will say "Invalid amount" and won't let you check out.
JaqFrost: ...but the game looks like it could be fun...
maybe,if you like grinding
http://steamcommunity.com/id/vinraith/recommended/305640/
I guess if you have Sword of the Stars - the Pit you don't really need this.
Post edited July 05, 2015 by dyscode
dyscode: maybe,if you like grinding
http://steamcommunity.com/id/vinraith/recommended/305640/
I guess if you have Sword of the Stars - the Pit you don't really need this.
Hmmm... Not too fond of grinding and I haven't purchased Sword of the Stars - the Pit because it seems to come in so many bit parts that I've been waiting for some sort of comprehensive edition. Reading those comments on Shattered Planet, I'm not sure that game would be worth two bucks to me.
Treasure: I noticed this deal too. Had seen it in the site's store a few days ago too and seemed interesting, but had fairly negative reviews on Steam, so I'm a bit reluctant to pay more than a minimal amount. Thus, a question: If I pay say $1.05 will I get at least the DRM-free copy of the game or that price will only get me Nothing(tm)?
PaterAlf: I just checked and it's indeed not possible to pay less than $1.99. If you try, the site will say "Invalid amount" and won't let you check out.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass then because I think as well that the game isn't worth $1.99 to me -weird, but that's how it is -I guess I don't want it enough to buy it...
Anybody know much about three forths home? It looks like it might be my kind of weird arty game but just wondering is it one of those interactive walking simulators like gone home?

EDIT: Thank You LINUSTHEBOLD for the gift :)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by cecil
cecil: Anybody know much about three forths home? It looks like it might be my kind of weird arty game but just wondering is it one of those interactive walking simulators like gone home?
I haven't played it, but I recall hearing it is decidedly "narrative". No real game play at all. It's all about the story and the story is supposedly rather short.

That might not be so bad really. With Gone Home, the walking and paper finding got a bit tedious. At least from my understanding, this game cuts out that unnecessary middle-man.

That said, the story is supposed to be very good and comes off as rather natural.
Grargar: GamersGate daily deal: Titan Quest Gold Edition (Other DRM*) -80%.

*The game's "Other DRM" is an offline serial. and it's, currently, the only Steam-less version of the game available, alongside older retail copies that are published by THQ (the newer retail copies published by Nordic require Steam).
Oh. So it is only offline serial ? I always reluctant to buy it because in the Gold Edition bundle it said "DRM Free", but in individual game it said "Other DRM". I might consider to really buy it sometimes. Thanks for the info.
So humble has Q.U.B.E. on sale... looks good only downside is they released Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (but not for mac) does anyone know if there is much difference?
cecil: So humble has Q.U.B.E. on sale... looks good only downside is they released Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (but not for mac) does anyone know if there is much difference?
Here you go!
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/qube_what_did_directors_cut_change
cecil: So humble has Q.U.B.E. on sale... looks good only downside is they released Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (but not for mac) does anyone know if there is much difference?
grimwerk: Here you go!
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/qube_what_did_directors_cut_change
Thank you for the help I am slightly annoyed I can't get the DC version from a matter of choice perspective but I think in the end I will end up getting the version I can since it seems like it would be my kind of game :)
agylardi: Oh. So it is only offline serial ? I always reluctant to buy it because in the Gold Edition bundle it said "DRM Free", but in individual game it said "Other DRM". I might consider to really buy it sometimes. Thanks for the info.
Yes. An offline serial for each part of the bundle (1 for the base game and 1 for the expansion). "Other DRM" on GamersGate generally varies; sometimes it is a serial that requires online activation (like ) and sometimes it's just an offline serial like those included in older retail games (like the aforementioned Titan Quest and [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SOTSCC/sword-of-the-stars-collection]Sword of the Stars Collection). Unfortunately, GamersGate isn't particularly helpful at indicating what is the nature of "Other DRM", so you resort to either asking at the Tutor section, asking GamersGate's support, or taking a gamble and discovering it for yourself.
agylardi: Oh. So it is only offline serial ? I always reluctant to buy it because in the Gold Edition bundle it said "DRM Free", but in individual game it said "Other DRM". I might consider to really buy it sometimes. Thanks for the info.
Grargar: Yes. An offline serial for each part of the bundle (1 for the base game and 1 for the expansion). "Other DRM" on GamersGate generally varies; sometimes it is a serial that requires online activation (like ) and sometimes it's just an offline serial like those included in older retail games (like the aforementioned Titan Quest and [url=http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SOTSCC/sword-of-the-stars-collection]Sword of the Stars Collection). Unfortunately, GamersGate isn't particularly helpful at indicating what is the nature of "Other DRM", so you resort to either asking at the Tutor section, asking GamersGate's support, or taking a gamble and discovering it for yourself.
Is this Titan Quest Gold Edition any different from boxed retail version of Titan Quest Gold Edition?
I have retail version.
amrit9037: Is this Titan Quest Gold Edition any different from boxed retail version of Titan Quest Gold Edition?
I have retail version.
It's exactly the same as the THQ-published version. It even asks for the serial for each part at the same place.
Post edited July 06, 2015 by Grargar