It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: Humble Store have a sale on Kalypso games, -80% to -50% off various titles

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/kalypso

Wondering about getting Demonicon, anyone tried it?
I have not tried it but it looks like a budget title to me, nothing wrong with that in the first place but my impressions are quite backed up by this review:
http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Demonicon/index.html
So if you don't put your expectation too high, you can get your 25h (campaign length quoted in other reviews) of entertainment out of it. Nothing special to drool about but not too bad either. Maybe I spent a fiver on it someday, after Memoria.
just my $.2.

PS:
Sorry if someone already mentioned the Groupees Clash3 Bundle

$1 for Gun Monkeys
- Master Reboot
- Ultratron
- Home Sheep Home 2
and a handful of OSTs
Post edited April 21, 2014 by dyscode
Psyringe: GamersGate's Spring Sale currently shows 560+ items on sale, discounted by up to 80%. There are also 24-hour deals (currently from the Ubisoft catalog) and 12-hour flash sales.
Any recommendations from the drm free casual stuff on sale?
Psyringe: GamersGate's Spring Sale currently shows 560+ items on sale, discounted by up to 80%. There are also 24-hour deals (currently from the Ubisoft catalog) and 12-hour flash sales.
Niggles: Any recommendations from the drm free casual stuff on sale?
I'm probably not the best person to recommend casual games. ;) It's one of the genres that I don't play many games of, though there are some that I liked:

Action Ball 2 is a decent Breakout variant with boss fights and some Shmup gameplay in-between stages.

Dark Arcana: The Carnival was the best hidden object game I played so far.

The Heroes of Hellas games are nice, simple games similar to "Match X" games (but not quite the same - your task is to draw a line along as many same-colored tiles as possible), wrapped in beautiful (though very simple) city building gameplay.

There are also several Alawar bundles (should come up on top of the list) which look like a steal if you like the respective type of gameplay. There's one for time management, two for hidden object games, and some more. There's also a match-3 bundle which includes all three "Heroes of Hellas" games plus some more.
Post edited April 21, 2014 by Psyringe
amok: Humble Store have a sale on Kalypso games, -80% to -50% off various titles

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/kalypso

Wondering about getting Demonicon, anyone tried it?
It's not an utter waste but it's definitely not as good as it looks. The game play is very restricted and linear. I would suggest mostly for those who prefer more story and dialogue than they do action.
Depends on what kind of casual games you like!

Psyringe: Dark Arcana: The Carnival was the best hidden object game I played so far.
Dark Arcana: The Carnival is a lot of fun! A couple of snips from my review:

"This is a truly dark and eerie game with some disturbing moments in it. There is no gore -- this is darkness of a different kind. We get breaks from the intensity of the story via our sweet little monkey helper."
and
"The developers handled the story very well. Our little helper kept things from getting too dark, and the progression of the story kept me interested throughout. It's always great when a tale is not predictable, and this one certainly isn't. I truly enjoyed playing this game all the way through, and recommend it to anyone who enjoys spooky games."
Psyringe: I'm probably not the best person to recommend casual games. ;) It's one of the genres that I don't play many games of, though there are some that I liked:

Action Ball 2 is a decent Breakout variant with boss fights and some Shmup gameplay in-between stages.

Dark Arcana: The Carnival was the best hidden object game I played so far.

The Heroes of Hellas games are nice, simple games similar to "Match X" games (but not quite the same - your task is to draw a line along as many same-colored tiles as possible), wrapped in beautiful (though very simple) city building gameplay.

There are also several Alawar bundles (should come up on top of the list) which look like a steal if you like the respective type of gameplay. There's one for time management, two for hidden object games, and some more. There's also a match-3 bundle which includes all three "Heroes of Hellas" games plus some more.
Thank you!!.Will certainly look into those. Although i do notice one of the Alawar bundles actually has one game which has drm....wonder if its been labelled correctly :)

genkicolleen: Depends on what kind of casual games you like!

Psyringe: Dark Arcana: The Carnival was the best hidden object game I played so far.
genkicolleen: Dark Arcana: The Carnival is a lot of fun! A couple of snips from my review:

"This is a truly dark and eerie game with some disturbing moments in it. There is no gore -- this is darkness of a different kind. We get breaks from the intensity of the story via our sweet little monkey helper."
and
"The developers handled the story very well. Our little helper kept things from getting too dark, and the progression of the story kept me interested throughout. It's always great when a tale is not predictable, and this one certainly isn't. I truly enjoyed playing this game all the way through, and recommend it to anyone who enjoys spooky games."
Sometimes i get the urge to play hidden object type or farm frenzy type games..
Post edited April 21, 2014 by Niggles
Niggles: ...
Sometimes i get the urge to play hidden object type or farm frenzy type games..
Oh man, lots of those types are available for free on mobile devices. I found some pretty good free ones, actually; not hidden object or frenzy types, but similar to casual PC games. I'll post a list later, if you want.

edit: looks like Genki saves me some trouble ^^
Post edited April 21, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
Niggles: Sometimes i get the urge to play hidden object type or farm frenzy type games..
Great, that gives me a starting point!

A fun game that combines two genres is Settlement: Colossus. The hidden object scenes look very natural, and the resources you collect will be used, then you have the strategy aspect of what you'll build next to improve your settlement.

For IHOG's (Interactive hidden object games) I would recommend the following:

PACKS:
Mystery Masters: 5-Pack - Gate of Mystery Collection (I know for certain that three of the five are excellent -- the other two I've never played, and don't know much about.. and they're ALL collector's editions!!)
Alawar Ultimate Collectors pack (Holy COW! You must get this one, it's an AMAZING deal! :O )
Alawar Hidden Object best 5-in1 Pack ($1.25 for all of these games?? YOU BET! Even if you were to only like one of these titles, it's well worth it! As for me, I liked or loved ALL of them!)
Alawar Hidden Object Top New 5-in1 Pack (Another excellent deal! There are some great games in here, and you can't go wrong at $1.75!)

Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story (LOVE this series! ♥ )
Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles (havne't played it yet, myself, but it was HIGHLY praised by all of my casual game-loving friends)
House of 1000 Doors (very good series, and much-loved by the casual crowd)
Twisted Lands: Insomniac (This is the second in the series, but it's kind of a prequel to #1... and #3, Origins, comes WAY before the first two that were released, giving us the full back story. I love this series, but it's a love-it or hate-it type of situation, based upon friends' reactions.)
Mountain Crime: Requital (I love this one. I put off playing it for a long time because I didn't like the graphics all that much, but I ended up REALLY enjoying it!)
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome (Absolutely! One of the best casual game series I've ever played! Be sure to play with the sound ON!)
Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town (Incredibly good, another of my favorites!)
The Gift and Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood (These are unsung heroes, and yes, they're not the perfect games, but they are both VERY good in their respective ways)
Amanda Rose: The Game of Time (fairly formulaic in gameplay, but I think this is another that deserved more attention than it got)
Lake House: Children of Silence (I loved it, despite the heroine of the story not reacting, in my opinion, in a realistic fashion.)
Nearwood (One of the very best games of 2013, second only to Nevertales: The Beauty Within, which has the CE content I've ever seen in an IHOG.)

For Time Management, you can't go wrong with the <span class="bold">Alawar Ultimate Time Management</span> pack. With ten games to choose from, you'll surely find something to love, and it's only $2.50! :D
Post edited April 21, 2014 by genkicolleen
Thank you very much into that list.I will have a look at all those :D
For those interested in this sort of thing, there is a Groupees spotlight for Go! Go! Nippon! till Friday. $1 minimum for a Steam key.
on GG Space Hulk just went 50% off, €14, Steam and all it's DLC, too.

And Typing of the Dead: Overkill Thou Filthy Love Collection is 66% off, €7.82 / $8.50, Steam

as is Typing of the Dead: Overkill, $5, off, Steam (US only) and it's DLC, too.
Post edited April 22, 2014 by dyscode
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines on Amazon for $5. Gives a Steam code. Make sure you get the unofficial patch.
dyscode: snip
carnival73: snip
Cheers, I am not starved for games at the moment, so I think I will wait until next time then.
nightrunner227: Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines on Amazon for $5. Gives a Steam code. Make sure you get the unofficial patch.
meh US only :-(
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes (Steam) & Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness (prob. Uplay, but just says Other DRM) both 75% off at GamersGate currently. Flash sale that lasts another 11 hours.