It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but didn't see a seperate one for Steam's christmas sales.

Max Payne 3 is just 3.99 € now (28 hours left) and I felt this is worth mentioning for anyone still missing the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/
Cheapest I've seen Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, $7.49 / £5.00 at GG (Steamworks), as you get back the additional store credit for buying/reviewing/rating it. This was on my Steam wishlist after getting a 90 on Metacritic. \o/
Post edited December 23, 2013 by PenguinJim
Jonni: I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but didn't see a seperate one for Steam's christmas sales.
There is one but it doesn't have Steam in the title so it probably gets missed a lot :)
Apparently the 5% code at GG is back: G2PO

Can anyone confirm?

Apparently the 5% code at GG is back: G2PO

Can anyone confirm?
Post edited December 23, 2013 by PenguinJim
akhliber: Yeah, the Steam forums are blowing up with folks who are pissed that it's on sale now.
nijuu: Expect more of them to come.....
And don't forget the ones who go even a step further and say "Steam has to refund the difference to all previous buyers now." Those are my personal favorite.
nightrunner227: And don't forget the ones who go even a step further and say "Steam has to refund the difference to all previous buyers now." Those are my personal favorite.
Such folk are on GOG too. I just saw someone upset recently here about a similar situation for a small fraction of a dollar. People get ferociously angry over the smallest trivial matters even when they got a good deal in the first place and were happy with it. It's somewhat irrational IMHO, and in some cases at least the retailer in question very well might refund the difference simply for being asked to do so, if someone can avoid their rage long enough to ask. :oP

I guess it's just human nature though.
Risen (DRM Free) is on sale for €2.49 at GG.
I'm sure everyone is aware of steam sales, but I wanted to point out 2 sales:
Borderlands 2 GOTY $14.99 for 47 more hours.
Castle Crashers $3.74 for 47 more hours.
^if anyone is interested in spliting a Castle Crashers 4-pack, pm me.
PenguinJim: Apparently the 5% code at GG is back: G2PO

Can anyone confirm?
Doesn't work for me.
IanM: There isn't much choice now, the original version isn't available on Steam any more and they also removed the upgrades and DLC, basically screwed us over by making us buy the game again. I asked Steam support if the owners of the standard version would get the option back to upgrade or buy the DLC only, but all they replied with was this useless statement:

"The information on the Steam Storefront is the only available information at this time.

Please refer to the Steam News section for the latest news and updates on upcoming Steam titles and content."
dyscode: So, anybody know how GMG still selling old version keys? Do you get upgraded automatically on Steam or has GMG just not updated their product description? They are still selling the Augmented Edition for the same price ATM.
Anyone have an answer for this?
PenguinJim: Cheapest I've seen Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, $7.49 / £5.00 at GG (Steamworks), as you get back the additional store credit for buying/reviewing/rating it. This was on my Steam wishlist after getting a 90 on Metacritic. \o/
Brothers is also a potential community choice sale on steam right now (if it wins the vote would be $4.50).
Post edited December 23, 2013 by fartheststar
dal4fsu: Anyone have an answer for this?
I'd have to assume that you won't get something for nothing, whatever edition you bought a key for is what will be added to your account. The standard editions still show as what they are in the Steam library, so it's not as if they are entirely removed from the service, however I can't see my tactical pack or explosive pack DLC listed now. I think it's just the version upgrades and DLC that have been removed from the store front, and I think it's done purely so that the cheap option is gone and upgrades have to pay the highest price possible.

Contact GMG (or whoever the your retailer is) and ask them to be sure?

I guess if you don't want the DC (because of the bugs and glitches) or just want Missing Link/Explosive Pack/Tactical Pack) it will still be possible to buy remaining keys available from the likes of GMG. If you do want the DC, the sensible thing to do would probably be to return unregistered keys if you can, citing the removal of upgrades as an option and just get a cheap copy of the DC.

The DC was £3.75 (75% off) in the Steam flash sale, so I guess $3-$5 US allowing for regional price gouge that the UK is subject to on Steam.
Post edited December 23, 2013 by IanM
dal4fsu: Anyone have an answer for this?
IanM: I'd have to assume that you won't get something for nothing, whatever edition you bought a key for is what will be added to your account. The standard editions still show as what they are in the Steam library, so it's not as if they are entirely removed from the service, however I can't see my tactical pack or explosive pack DLC listed now. I think it's just the version upgrades and DLC that have been removed from the store front, and I think it's done purely so that the cheap option is gone and upgrades have to pay the highest price possible.

Contact GMG (or whoever the your retailer is) and ask them to be sure?

I guess if you don't want the DC (because of the bugs and glitches) or just want Missing Link/Explosive Pack/Tactical Pack) it will still be possible to buy remaining keys available from the likes of GMG. If you do want the DC, the sensible thing to do would probably be to return unregistered keys if you can, citing the removal of upgrades as an option and just get a cheap copy of the DC.

The DC was £3.75 (75% off) in the Steam flash sale, so I guess $3-$5 US allowing for regional price gouge that the UK is subject to on Steam.
Ok, thanks. I Think I understand now. I bought the key for the regular addition sans DLC and such. I honestly didn't know they DLC existed when I bought as I had not looked into the game before. Too busy with other things to know. I will enjoy the main game for what it is at the $4 cost I got it at. :) thanks!
Impaler26: End of the Year sale started at GamersGate. A few nice deals from it:

Combat Cats (DRM Free) - €0.62
Project Freedom (DRM Free) - €0.75
Alien vs Predators Classic 2000 (DRM Free) - €0.90
Will Fight for Food (DRM Free) - €0.97
Delve Deeper (DRM Free) - €1.00
Gunlok (DRM Free) - €1.49
Ground Control 2 Special Edition (DRM Free) - €1.50
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

Groupees Spotlight - Inescapable (DRM Free + Desura)

Looks like a nice "metroidvania" style platformer, well worth the $1 minimum IMO.
Gunlok is a pretty good game, certainly worth this price .
Impaler26: End of the Year sale started at GamersGate. A few nice deals from it:
*snip*
Gunlok (DRM Free) - €1.49
Licurg: Gunlok is a pretty good game, certainly worth this price .
Yep, i only played it a bit but like it so far. Certainly worth it's price IMO.