It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: Seems like nobody really knows for sure. But it seems SecuRom was only used for CD checks of the retail version until the SinglePlayer Part was tied to your Steam account.

Steam Forum thread
Reclaim you game thread
isis12: Yeah, the second link in particular sounds like the Steam version is clean. But unless I'm 100% certain I'd rather be safe than sorry. I really don't understand how that kind of information can not be reliably accessible on every store. Most people will obviously never care, but for those that do the lack of information makes impulse buys almost impossible. Anyway, thanks for those links dyscode!
I have the Steam version bought on GG. I never had a problem, besides sometimes the known bugs on W7x64.
IMHO you're really missing out on a great game.
Reports on problems because of it's SecuRom DRM dating back to 2009 or something.
But it's your choice, of course. :)
Post edited July 10, 2013 by dyscode
There's also this hidden adventure bundle for 9.99$

http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Masters-10-Pack-Adventure-Download/dp/B00DP5VFX8?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Haunted
Lost Chronicles of Zerzuza
The Rockin' Dead
Black Mirror 3
Gray Matter
Black Mirror 2
Alter Ego
Mata Hari
Memento Mori
So Blonde
and for completetion of the above:
Black Mirror 1 for $1.25.

there are helpful info of getting this Amazon version to run in the comments
HypersomniacLive: IGS has always been a 4-day (96 hrs) deal per game - from the beginning.
Also confirmed on their forum (thread: Featured Game Deals Feed).
LOL, masterfail on my part! I don't know why I recently though it's 72 hours...
HypersomniacLive: IGS has always been a 4-day (96 hrs) deal per game - from the beginning.
Also confirmed on their forum (thread: Featured Game Deals Feed).
dyscode: LOL, masterfail on my part! I don't know why I recently though it's 72 hours...
Not necessarely - IGS is a bit slow with its email notifications (though not a whole day slow, more like 10-12 hrs late), maybe you assumed that it starts around the time you get the email.
Anyone else think the GG sales are pretty... dire atm?
nijuu: Anyone else think the GG sales are pretty... dire atm?
Maybe GG is dying .
If you mean a bit crap then I think so too. Same old games.

Not that I would have plenty of money anyway. I already bought walking dead and sacred 2 from there when they were in those daily deals.
I don't know. There is good selection of games on sale (http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/gamersgate/), but there is just not much I - a) already have or b) really want.

I think it just perceptions, in the the last couple of years I have managed to more or less get the games I want, and there is not that much being released again, or it is too new to be in the sales.

I had the same problem with the summer sale here on GoG, I ended up only getting 3 games, and two were duplicates from games I had other places. (the third I have not yet downloaded...) I am expecting the same from Steam.
Post edited July 10, 2013 by amok
amok: I don't know. There is good selection of games on sale (http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/gamersgate/), but there is just not much I - a) already have or b) really want.

I think it just perceptions, in the the last couple of years I have managed to more or less get the games I want, and there is not that much being released again, or it is too new to be in the sales.

I had the same problem with the summer sale here on GoG, I ended up only getting 3 games, and two were duplicates from games I had other places. (the third I have not yet downloaded...) I am expecting the same from Steam.
I'm in the same boat at this point after several years of crazy collecting and all the major sales in that time frame. This past GOG sale there was only one title I picked up (King of Dragon Pass) and there isn't much that'll tempt me on Steam's sale I don't think. Same thing again - if it is older I already have it. If it is newer, the price will be too high yet.

Not a bad place to be but I kind of miss the thrill of shopping the sales and getting crazy good deals. I still visit this thread daily but I'm not sure why really. It isn't like I'm in the market for anything really anymore. I guess the shopping party is kind of over for the foreseeable future.
innerring: There's also this hidden adventure bundle for 9.99$

http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Masters-10-Pack-Adventure-Download/dp/B00DP5VFX8?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Haunted
Lost Chronicles of Zerzuza
The Rockin' Dead
Black Mirror 3
Gray Matter
Black Mirror 2
Alter Ego
Mata Hari
Memento Mori
So Blonde
Wow, that's tempting. I already have 6 of those, but Gray Matter and So Blonde boxed only... so 4 new games and 2 backups for a tenner is still pretty great. The wallet is screaming in agony though, and was going to get the Dracula promo here, but then it turned out the Trilogy isn't supported on XP.... oh the 'first world problems', will have to think about it.
Thanks for pointing this out!
Post edited July 10, 2013 by MoP
nijuu: I don't know. There is good selection of games on sale (http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/gamersgate/), but there is just not much I - a) already have or b) really want.

This!

I dont't think the sales are bad just because one has everything already or is too stuffed.
New gamers grow up every day, that don't have these games.

For me, I am basically I only waiting for nice Far Cry 3 sale this summer, pref. on GG, that's all I want to get out of it.
And I spent about $12 on the GOG sale, since the games I REALLY wanted were not on sale.

dyscode: LOL, masterfail on my part! I don't know why I recently though it's 72 hours...
HypersomniacLive: Not necessarely - IGS is a bit slow with its email notifications (though not a whole day slow, more like 10-12 hrs late), maybe you assumed that it starts around the time you get the email.
Possibly. If it wasn't for the email I might miss it completely. But then usualy I get the mail only a few hours into the start like 85+, cause I post them here quite a few times first.
BUt maybe it's just becasue my freelance workday feels like 32 hrs-shifts. ;D
Post edited July 10, 2013 by dyscode
Rising Storm $9.99

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W4882

NA only daily deal .
dyscode: snip
HypersomniacLive: Not necessarely - IGS is a bit slow with its email notifications (though not a whole day slow, more like 10-12 hrs late), maybe you assumed that it starts around the time you get the email.
dyscode: Possibly. If it wasn't for the email I might miss it completely. But then usualy I get the mail only a few hours into the start like 85+, cause I post them here quite a few times first.
BUt maybe it's just becasue my freelance workday feels like 32 hrs-shifts. ;D
How I know the feeling ;D
Don't know if this has been posted, but iDevices have several free games now to celebrate App Store 5 year birthday.

This includes games like Tiny Wings, Infinity Blade II, Badlands and many more. If you wanted a game on an iDevice, search for it now and it may be one of the free celebratory games. Quite a lot other software is also part of this.

Not sure how long it is going to last, it started on the 8'th.

A list of top 10

http://www.knowyourapps.com/news/app-stores-5th-anniversary-sale-the-best-apps-and-games-to-have-gone-free/