It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: Gamersgate - http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/bioshockinfinite
£29.95 =
30% back as Blue Coins
I'm really tempted by this deal....
Regarding Blue Coins...It seems I can't use them to partialy buy a game, and pay the diference with Pay Pal.
Blues Coins are usable only if I have enough of them to buy a game only using Blue Coins, right?
GabiMoro: I'm really tempted by this deal....
Regarding Blue Coins...It seems I can't use them to partialy buy a game, and pay the diference with Pay Pal.
Blues Coins are usable only if I have enough of them to buy a game only using Blue Coins, right?
That is correct.
As somebody who remembers Sky Commanders*, I desperately want BSI to be rainbow-vomiting good. Let me just rudely interrupt with a quick public service announcement, voiced by a background GI-Joe. For the kids.

In order for a review to take place, a game has to be available to the public, enough time has to pass for a reviewer to actually play the thing, and add another day for the actual writing. Anything that happens before that is automatically a paid advertisement. Even though the reviewer isn't being given a burlap sack with a "$" on the side, early and discriminatory access is a gift being given to IGN which they would never ever want to screw up (wink wink).

*The toys notably consisted of zip-lines that you would clip across all your furniture. Combine that with a few Legos™ on the floor, and you could take somebody's head off. Now that I think about it, that's probably why the show/toy line got cancelled.

The More You Know 🌈
Post edited March 22, 2013 by pen_sq
Unfortunately no. However, you can buy certain amounts of blue coins with Paypal. So if you have $15 worth of blue coins and want a thirty dollar game, you can buy $15 worth of blue coins to make up the difference and then check out that way.

So to answer your question, sort of?
pen_sq: As somebody who remembers Sky Commanders*, I desperately want BSI to be rainbow-vomiting good. Let me just rudely interrupt with a quick public service announcement, voiced by a background GI-Joe. For the kids.

In order for a review to take place, a game has to be available to the public, enough time has to pass for a reviewer to actually play the thing, and add another day for the actual writing. Anything that happens before that is automatically a paid advertisement. Even though the reviewer isn't being given a burlap sack with a "$" on the side, early and discriminatory access is a gift being given to IGN which they would never ever want to screw up (wink wink).

*The toys notably consisted of zip-lines that you would clip across all your furniture. Combine that with a few Legos™ on the floor, and you could take somebody's head off. Now that I think about it, that's probably why the show/toy line got cancelled.

The More You Know
The game IS available to the press for some time now but Irrational/2K has a publishing embargo until Monday, when the game is officailly available.
Despite the fact that IGN reviews are somewhat soft, usually substracting 1 to 2 points from their score and gets you closer to reality.

The more you know, indeed.
amok: Gamersgate - http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/bioshockinfinite
£29.95 =
30% back as Blue Coins
Right!
You have to buy more BlueCoins if you don`t have enough.
Post edited March 22, 2013 by dyscode
keeveek: If you want to participate in a debate, maybe read the discussion first.
------------------
I was only saying that season passes are not meant for people who want to buy things cheaper as someone previously suggested.

I think that season passes are mostly aimed at people who want to get new things as soon as they are released (and there is nothing wrong about that), and they get a package discount, but it's not the main "feature" of season passes, imo.
============
Also, I would make some "Why don't you just" comment again, but I would be downrepped once again.

But I will say again: if you don't have anything to add to the discussion apart from your silly questions, just... don't? But I guess it's just GameRager being GameRager again.
----------------
Sales models are changing constantly. Today, discounting a game for 25% in the first month after release is a common practice. So I could agree, only if you feel that urge to help the poor devs, then it makes sense to buy anything day 1.
I did, ya crazy git. ;)
-----------------------
Lemme guess: The main "feature" is either to scam buyers or some such? If not, then what is it, if I may ask?
=============
Dohoho........no it's just me being blunt(often to the point of coming off as rude) again.
----------------
True, but without the sales around day 1 I don't think many companies could be as successful/last so long.

stoicsentry: I don't think what he said came off as cheap, and it's certainly not supporting piracy. *shrug*
------------------
Also, I thought you were pro-piracy?
I never said he was, just that if he's so cheap then why not go "whole hog" if money is(seemingly) his only concern
? Yeah, it was a bit of a loaded question, I admit. I just wanted to see what his response would be(for a good reason, not a bad one).
--------------------
To a point: I only agree with it in various circumstances.....like if a person is too poor(Imo the gov't/etc should set up "lending libraries" for very old/rare games so that people could enjoy them[And so that older game's materials wouldn't be lost to the ravages of time.] if they are of limited means[Just like we have libraries for sharing books and museums for allowing the public to view art, etc.).), or if a one's original storage medium breaks/becomes unusable for some reason other than one selling/trading it away.
Post edited March 22, 2013 by GameRager
The reason why the publisher want to sell more BioShock: Infinite copies :
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/bioshock_infinite/news/ken_levine_quashes_bioshock_infinites_200_million_budget_rumour.html
ne_zavarj: The reason why the publisher want to sell more BioShock: Infinite copies :
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/bioshock_infinite/news/ken_levine_quashes_bioshock_infinites_200_million_budget_rumour.html
It is high because someone have grossly miss-calculated the cost and marketing? And by mis-calculation, I mean not the actual production, but the anonymous person somewhere writing for a newspaper article making the claims...

What you are linking to is apparently wrong, it says so in the article.... it is a rumour which has been denied by Levine....
amok: What you are linking to is apparently wrong, it says so in the article.... it is a rumour which has been denied by Levine....
Then why the publisher pushing these promotions so hard ?
amok: What you are linking to is apparently wrong, it says so in the article.... it is a rumour which has been denied by Levine....
ne_zavarj: Then why the publisher pushing these promotions so hard ?
they want to sell the game? to as many people as possible? to make money?

it do not need to be a big bad conspiracy theory...
-------------------

On topic:

Big Fish have a spring sale. All games are 50% off.

Use coupon code 'SPRING' for standard games and 'FEVER' for collector's editions.

It expires the 24'th
Post edited March 22, 2013 by amok
Football manager 2013: £14.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines: £19.99

http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/pc-downloads/deal-of-the-day/?attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&sortColumn=popular&sortTypeStr=DESC&inStockOnly=false&provenance=Download&attributeValue1=4294963365&cm_sp=dealoftheday-_-cat-_-dotd

Darksiders 2: £7.00

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Darksiders-II-2820-13.html
ne_zavarj: The reason why the publisher want to sell more BioShock: Infinite copies :
LOL, 200 is rediculous. Peter Jackson made the LOTR Triology for 280.
and they said in the article that BS I had a budget of 100.
(Millions $)
;D
ne_zavarj: Then why the publisher pushing these promotions so hard ?
My guess would be that we see some viral marketing effect. Someone had a stupid idea and now everybody has to join or don't get any presales at all.

The Aliens CM and DS3 and SimCity debacle might have something to do with it also.
keeveek: Yeah, also buying pre orders on 10% discount is cheaper than buying it on release date, but the reality is - 3 weeks after game's release it will be even cheaper.
The whole industry is based around getting me to want something enough to pay full price on week one. And if I really like something it's worth that, I don't feel exploited or taken for a ride. Getting more Skyrim for $20 in Dragonborn was a value to me, not a fleecing.

It all depends.
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack: $ 3.74
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14311/
and sorry if this has been posted already between all the BS I whirlpool:
DotEmu has a 60%off Anuman SALE going on this weekend.
http://www.dotemu.com/en/pc-games/discounted