It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nijuu: *buys Sacred 2 Gold and watches it sit neatly in inventory* :) *phew*
Lucky one :P
chezybezy: Red Faction Collection on steam - £7.49 for all.
OR:
RF: £1.24
RF2: £1.24
RFG: £3.74
RFA: £3.74
RFA DLC: £1.12

Finally i can complete my whole collection on steam! (RF2 was missing for me).
RF2 gamesheet says ATI/AMD and NVidia cards with DirectX10/10.1 are not supported. So does RF2 have some serious issues with modern PCs (GPU)?

EDIT: Ah, I see there is already some discussion about it... Fjuck, I went ahead and bought them from Steam. I should have known better. Oh well, I still have some older PCs too with WinXP. Let's see if RF2 is DRM-free so I can play it on those PCs, even when Steam client eventually drops support for WinXP and won't run in it.
Post edited March 13, 2013 by timppu
chezybezy: Red Faction Collection on steam - £7.49 for all.
OR:
RF: £1.24
RF2: £1.24
RFG: £3.74
RFA: £3.74
RFA DLC: £1.12

Finally i can complete my whole collection on steam! (RF2 was missing for me).
timppu: RF2 gamesheet says ATI/AMD and NVidia cards with DirectX10/10.1 are not supported. So does RF2 have some serious issues with modern PCs (GPU)?

EDIT: Ah, I see there is already some discussion about it... Fjuck, I went ahead and bought them from Steam. I should have known better. Oh well, I still have some older PCs too with WinXP. Let's see if RF2 is DRM-free so I can play it on those PCs, even when Steam client eventually drops support for WinXP and won't run in it.
The Pure Faction community patch should fix RF1 for modern PCs*. There's a fan patch for RF2 that supposedly works with the steam release. I've never tried it, I don't know enough about Steam to feel comfortable changing bytes in executables with steam drm.

Pure Faction
Red Faction 2 steam patch

*Even if RF1 seems to work unpatched, there's also the potential for a subtle timing error that can block your progress in the SP campaign. A submarine that needs to be deployed from a crane will just explode or something.
Snickersnack: The Pure Faction community patch should fix RF1 for modern PCs*. There's a fan patch for RF2 that supposedly works with the steam release. I've never tried it, I don't know enough about Steam to feel comfortable changing bytes in executables with steam drm.

Pure Faction

*Even if RF1 seems to work unpatched, there's also the potential for a subtle timing error that can block your progress in the SP campaign. A submarine that needs to be deployed from a crane will just explode or something.
Thanks, I'll check those out.
If you haven't already got all those Wadjet Eye Games on GOG,
you can get them ultra cheap at the new groupees
http://groupees.com/weg
$1 Puzzle Bots, Gemini Rue
$5 +all 4 Blackwell Games and Resonance

2500 Sales Bonus: all Blackwell OST.

Only for the next 2 Days, 18hrs.
Post edited March 13, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: If you haven't already got all those Wadjet Eye Games on GOG,

They all come with steamkeys & DRM free download as well.....
dyscode: If you haven't already got all those Wadjet Eye Games on GOG,

Only for the next 2 Days, 18hrs.
Nice! I haven't bought any of those yet. I kept putting it off now I'm glad I did! :D
timppu: RF2 gamesheet says ATI/AMD and NVidia cards with DirectX10/10.1 are not supported. So does RF2 have some serious issues with modern PCs (GPU)?

Snickersnack: The Pure Faction community patch should fix RF1 for modern PCs*. There's a fan patch for RF2 that supposedly works with the steam release. I've never tried it, I don't know enough about Steam to feel comfortable changing bytes in executables with steam drm.

Pure Faction

Thank you for those links. I was aware of purefaction although my copy is probably out of date and the second download fixing RF2 will let me play it again now. I liked it myself. :D
Post edited March 13, 2013 by dirtyharry50
Get Games :
Football Manager 2013 PC/MAC 50% off
Snickersnack: <snip>
I had that in the PS2 version! had to just restart the level. i think it is a little more prevalent on the pc version from the threads around.

oh and i have not forgotten about checking on my other pc's just been a rough day so will get to it in a sec!
Steam Daily is Game of Throne Bundle $17.50 USD 75% off /Game of Thrones $12.50 USD 75% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208730/
Post edited March 13, 2013 by nijuu
Just noticed Sacred 2 Gold (yeah, I'm slow) on sale on STEAM for $6.50. Anyone got an opinion? For reference, I really enjoyed the original but heard the sequel was quite a different sort of game? I'm usually not a "Diablo Clone" fan, but I spent months in Sacred back in the day. Still thought FATE and TORCHLIGHT are far superior. Those two are really the only other ones I've ever "clicked with" (sorry, that was terrible).
Here is something for donate what you want:

http://www.deadcyborg.com/
1st person adventure - donation ware.
I haven't played it yet but it's discussed at RockPaperShotgun.
Episode 1 is already several years old but
episode 2 just came out recently and
episode 3 funds are now being collected.
Post edited March 13, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Here is something for donate what you want:

http://www.deadcyborg.com/
1st person adventure - donation ware.
I haven't played it yet but it's discussed at RockPaperShotgun.
Episode 1 is already several years old but
episode 2 just came out recently and
episode 3 funds are now being collected.
Is this like a adventure game renaissance period we are going through? Seems to be heaps coming out of woodworks and kickstarter etc
HeDanny: Just noticed Sacred 2 Gold (yeah, I'm slow) on sale on STEAM for $6.50. Anyone got an opinion? For reference, I really enjoyed the original but heard the sequel was quite a different sort of game? I'm usually not a "Diablo Clone" fan, but I spent months in Sacred back in the day. Still thought FATE and TORCHLIGHT are far superior. Those two are really the only other ones I've ever "clicked with" (sorry, that was terrible).
It is not the best diablolike, but it is damn fun. It has an awesome sense of fun, and unique character classes (and species).

Hell one of the characters is a silly cyborg anubis dog thing with a megaman arm. That makes linux jokes after killing enemies.

Enormous world AND blind guardian appear in it
HeDanny: Just noticed Sacred 2 Gold (yeah, I'm slow) on sale on STEAM for $6.50. Anyone got an opinion? For reference, I really enjoyed the original but heard the sequel was quite a different sort of game? I'm usually not a "Diablo Clone" fan, but I spent months in Sacred back in the day. Still thought FATE and TORCHLIGHT are far superior. Those two are really the only other ones I've ever "clicked with" (sorry, that was terrible).
In my opinion it's the best Diablo-Like however the PC version doesn't feature the game pad support that the XBox version does.

If you have a mappable D-Input controller like Logitech you can map keyboard and mouse. You use WASD to move but still have to click on what you want to attack so sort of sloppy.

I've heard people say that pads wouldn't work well with Diablo-Likes but have also been playing R.A.W. (another Diablo-Like) which was specifically designed for game pads and I have to say it gives the genre ALOT more depth than just pointing and clicking.