It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foxhack: That DLC milking is one reason why THQ went under.
Khmm . Paradox , Kalypso .
DodoGeo: This is such a terrible sale model. First off, we have a 50-60$ game and a newly invented thing called the Season Pass for another 16-30$ and then even more DLC that isn't includes in said Pass.

So we have reached the age where a single game costs a 100$. Great.
No wonder people are only interested in sales.
If a game has alot of DLC, then i just wait for the Complete editions. I feel companies are going overboard with the DLC milking. I will never buy DLC. I know Im cheap, but still...
Foxhack: That DLC milking is one reason why THQ went under.
ne_zavarj: Khmm . Paradox , Kalypso .
Paradox and Kalypso don't spend millions upon millions of dollars they don't have developing AAA franchises - they already have several good franchises to fund new ones. And their audience is much smaller.

Besides, I did say -one- reason. Inept management is another.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by Foxhack
Heretic777: If a game has alot of DLC, then i just wait for the Complete editions. I feel companies are going overboard with the DLC milking. I will never buy DLC. I know Im cheap, but still...
I think people need to stop thinking they need every DLC. Especially with costumes and fluff stuff.
Heretic777: If a game has alot of DLC, then i just wait for the Complete editions. I feel companies are going overboard with the DLC milking. I will never buy DLC. I know Im cheap, but still...
SimonG: I think people need to stop thinking they need every DLC. Especially with costumes and fluff stuff.
You got to show that bling online...cannot let people know you are poor...j/k. I do not normally care about DLC unless it actually affects the game. Even then I would rather wait for it to go on sale.
Post edited December 20, 2012 by misfire200
Barn Yarn Collector's Edition
Fishdom® 3 Collector's Edition
Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover Collector's Edition
Fishdom™ 2 Collector's Edition
Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition
4 Elements™ II Collector's Edition
Farmscapes™ Collector's Edition
Royal Envoy™ Collector's Edition

( and other SE releases ) are 50% off on Playrix website .

Cradle Of Egypt Collector`s Edition
Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy Collector's Edition
Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed Premium Edition

( and other SE releases ) are 50% off on Avem website .

SE = standard edition
Post edited December 20, 2012 by ne_zavarj
timppu: Yeah, everyone claims to have heard rumors from a friend of a friend that it is very simple and easy, yet when you ask concrete proof from them, they always seem to come empty.
Simple dll replacement, which may possibly need you to first legitemately run steam to get a decrypted executable. The dll file may need replacement every now and then, usually with steam updates, but the basic idea is the same. Executable queries steam, hijack the function, return true, executable runs.
As to how easy it is, I'll refer you to arctic0ne's release of Civ V, which singlehandily delayed "Scene" releases of Civilization V by about 3 days. Private user, applying proper tools, then uploading the torrent.
The problem? He could upload with a maximum of 50 kb/s, thus it took about 60 hours to fully upload the game. If his release worked, he would have beaten the scene, thus no scene release could take credit for first crack. When the torrent was finally downloaded,some people could run it, some couldn't. Two hours later there was a scene release. So yes, it is (or was) as easy as "download game, replace dll, play".
DodoGeo: This is such a terrible sale model. First off, we have a 50-60$ game and a newly invented thing called the Season Pass for another 16-30$ and then even more DLC that isn't includes in said Pass.

So we have reached the age where a single game costs a 100$. Great.
No wonder people are only interested in sales.
Well you are not cheap, you are a sane person. I'd like to ask someone who bought everything for Saints Row full price before the Full package, WHY??
DodoGeo: Well you are not cheap, you are a sane person. I'd like to ask someone who bought everything for Saints Row full price before the Full package, WHY??
Because it is a great game worth the money?

(I also bought it on sale, but Game + story DLC I paid 20$. Well worth the price).
DodoGeo: Well you are not cheap, you are a sane person. I'd like to ask someone who bought everything for Saints Row full price before the Full package, WHY??
SimonG: Because it is a great game worth the money?

(I also bought it on sale, but Game + story DLC I paid 20$. Well worth the price).
The main game yes, story DLC yes, but the costumes, weapons, even DLC cheats?
Steam sale is on with lackluster sales.

Also, 30% off sitewide apparently on greenmangaming with voucher code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831
I think with all these steam sales, there comes a point where you own all the cheap/old games you want, and then it's just a matter of waiting for the new releases to hit 75%.

I mean who hasn't bought Mirror's Edge yet at $5?
bobo797: I think with all these steam sales, there comes a point where you own all the cheap/old games you want, and then it's just a matter of waiting for the new releases to hit 75%.

I mean who hasn't bought Mirror's Edge yet at $5?
Yeah, I've come to a place where I can literally pick my price once the game has a few month under its belt. It's awesome. The biggest issue I currently have, is that I sometime buy games very cheap on a hunch, thoroughly enjoy them and then feel cheap.
Rayman Origins on GMG for 8,5€ with voucher about 6€ (8$).

BTW:
What would you recommend more Sonic Generation, Giana Sisters or Rayman Origins?
Dont know, Rayman seem a little bit hard (bosses)...

Greets!
What? What are steam on about now? What is this crap?

"We're sorry. This game is not available in your region"