It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

carnival73: Giving a heads up not to meditate on these sales for too long.

I don't know who the cry baby was but Gate had to replace their $10 Endless Space with Sailing Simulator.

Well....Black Friday is here and GOG is the only site selling something that smells slightly decent. =L
misfire200: What happened to the Endless Space deal exactly???
I'm not sure anybody except the GG product team know this. It was on sale, but suddenly got replaced with Sail Simulator 2010. Which seems to be an odd candidate for a high-profile sale, imho.
Psyringe: I'm not sure anybody except the GG product team know this. It was on sale, but suddenly got replaced with Sail Simulator 2010. Which seems to be an odd candidate for a high-profile sale, imho.
Maybe they saw that Steam put Farming Simulator 2013 on sale, and felt that they needed an answer to it?
Psyringe: I'm not sure anybody except the GG product team know this. It was on sale, but suddenly got replaced with Sail Simulator 2010. Which seems to be an odd candidate for a high-profile sale, imho.
Azilut: Maybe they saw that Steam put Farming Simulator 2013 on sale, and felt that they needed an answer to it?
Or they felt that the gazillions of people who bought the IndieGala Sim bundle, and found their way to GamersGate by redeeming codes from there, ought to have their Thanksgiving offer too. ;)
orcishgamer: Seriously, GOG and Amazon are the sites with the best digital deals this season so far.
Amazon's sales are pretty good, but GOG? Really? I've never really been that impressed with GOG's sales. I guess the 5 for $10 was pretty good.
As Sogi-Ya is offline now, any idea if you have to do something special to get the Battlefield 3 for $12?
orcishgamer: Seriously, GOG and Amazon are the sites with the best digital deals this season so far.
Immoli: Amazon's sales are pretty good, but GOG? Really? I've never really been that impressed with GOG's sales. I guess the 5 for $10 was pretty good.
The Interplay sale was pretty impressive, too.
sloganvirst: As Sogi-Ya is offline now, any idea if you have to do something special to get the Battlefield 3 for $12?
It is still showing at $12 on the origin client, so probably only available through origin.
BoxOfSnoo: The Interplay sale was pretty impressive, too.
Hard to argue that a 60% developer sale is really among the 'best digital deals' though. Those things happen very often on other retailers, it's just that no one blinks an eye at that.

Unless you mean the bundle thing they did, which I wouldn't quite put in there either, since the only way to get the better Interplay games was to spend $35 or more.

Overall sounds like more of a preference thing to say. More games that person X actually wanted on sale on GOG.
sloganvirst: As Sogi-Ya is offline now, any idea if you have to do something special to get the Battlefield 3 for $12?
Ptah: It is still showing at $12 on the origin client, so probably only available through origin.
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Hm, I can get one more game, you think Battlefield 3 is worth it?

EDIT: Hm, still says 59.99 on my origin client. Is it US only?
Post edited November 23, 2012 by sloganvirst
Shure: You sir are a star, thank you very much for that info :)
Coelocanth: Kingdoms of Amalur is freakin' huge. I'm 65 hours into it and have only managed to travel to about half the areas so far. There are a shit-ton of quests, although most are the 'fetch/kill x amount of this' variety, but some of the main ones are quite good, and even some of the side quests have a twist now and then. Everything is voiced, except the protagonist. Gorgeous environments, and I find the combat a lot of fun (I'm playing an assassin/rogue type). I love waltzing in and poison-stunning a group of monsters, then chopping them to little pieces or waiting until a small group is all facing away from me, then sneaking in and one-shot assassinating them one by one. Some of the finishing moves are pretty awesome.

Sorry for the ramble, but holy crap the game is big. Anyway, yeah the game is well worth picking up for a decent sale price (I got it plus the two DLCs for 17 bucks and I already feel I've gotten my money's worth).
Good to hear! :)

I enjoyed the demo but other priorities meant I never got around to picking it up, I read somewhere that it might be discounted to $11 with DLC included which seems to be the pick of the sales to me.

Dishonoured and XCOM can wait until next year! :P
Cancelling the IGN discount's kind of a silly move from a business perspective. It cost them money on each purchase, but I know from my experience due to the extra discount I'd buy far more there then I would elsewhere due to the extra discount. The extra revenue on the extra purchases overcomes the loss per purchase.

So now they've taken away their one major advantage.
Shure: Dishonoured and XCOM can wait until next year! :P
XCOM was 100 times better than Dishonored, it's well worth it if you can swing both.
BoxOfSnoo: The Interplay sale was pretty impressive, too.
Pheace: Hard to argue that a 60% developer sale is really among the 'best digital deals' though. Those things happen very often on other retailers, it's just that no one blinks an eye at that.

Unless you mean the bundle thing they did, which I wouldn't quite put in there either, since the only way to get the better Interplay games was to spend $35 or more.

Overall sounds like more of a preference thing to say. More games that person X actually wanted on sale on GOG.
Yeah but it's hard to be grumpy about getting something like Descent 1 & 2 both together for $3...
Coelocanth: Kingdoms of Amalur is freakin' huge. I'm 65 hours into it and have only managed to travel to about half the areas so far. There are a shit-ton of quests, although most are the 'fetch/kill x amount of this' variety, but some of the main ones are quite good, and even some of the side quests have a twist now and then. Everything is voiced, except the protagonist. Gorgeous environments, and I find the combat a lot of fun (I'm playing an assassin/rogue type). I love waltzing in and poison-stunning a group of monsters, then chopping them to little pieces or waiting until a small group is all facing away from me, then sneaking in and one-shot assassinating them one by one. Some of the finishing moves are pretty awesome.

Sorry for the ramble, but holy crap the game is big. Anyway, yeah the game is well worth picking up for a decent sale price (I got it plus the two DLCs for 17 bucks and I already feel I've gotten my money's worth).
Shure: Good to hear! :)

I enjoyed the demo but other priorities meant I never got around to picking it up, I read somewhere that it might be discounted to $11 with DLC included which seems to be the pick of the sales to me.

Dishonoured and XCOM can wait until next year! :P
So, Amalur bundle with both DLC on Amazon.com on Monday for 11 bucks? Can this really be true? If so, I am so there. I really liked the demo and I'm sure I'd enjoy the game from what I've read about it and seen of it. I've been waiting to see this go on a good sale for quite a while now.

On another note, anyone play Inversion and have an opinion of it to share? It's 10 bucks for the next couple hours on Steam. Terrible reviews in general but looks like it might be a fun Gears of War clone if you can deal with ridiculous story in it. Might make for a fun guilty pleasure I was thinking.
Post edited November 23, 2012 by dirtyharry50
Don't know if this has been posted, but gamersgate is doing some indiefort bundles:
http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle