It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My experience with Borderlands was the exact opposite of most people; loved the game solo and hated it multiplayer.

As a solo game it was a fantastic way to relieve stress and deal with depressive elements in my life. I was going through a rough period (still am) and would use Borderlands as a pick me up. An hour here, an hour there, would add up. I could play, get some phat lootz, ding once or twice, and move on. Kind of like an MMO without the BS or dealing with other people.

MP wise, I found it frustrating. We often had connection issues, and the game has so many overlaps in terms of skills and weaponry that it was a lock that at some point, one player would get upset that they wanted this rare drop--even if they didn't spec in it. This led to disagreements which eventually made most sessions end on a bad note. If the drops had been specific to each player the problem could have been avoided entirely.
Hawk52: My experience with Borderlands was the exact opposite of most people; loved the game solo and hated it multiplayer. As a solo game it was a fantastic way to relieve stress and deal with depressive elements in my life. I was going through a rough period (still am) and would use Borderlands as a pick me up. An hour here, an hour there, would add up. I could play, get some phat lootz, ding once or twice, and move on. Kind of like an MMO without the BS or dealing with other people
I have clocked about 230 hours in that game now, and still have not even pressed the mulitplayer button....
amok: I have clocked about 230 hours in that game now, and still have not even pressed the mulitplayer button....
... there's a multiplayer button?? who knew!
<span class="bold">Academagia</span> is 20% off at their site. And its last DLC 15 has come out. They have announced and linked it in their forums but haven't updated yet the main website.
Post edited October 20, 2012 by Green Hilltop
Gamesplanet UK has Dishonoured for £25 http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dishonored-3494-13.html If you subscribed to the newsletter you can participate in a survey to get a £5 voucher to use on any game.

PS: Survey-Link
http://survey.ideamap.net/EY69TQ/EY69TQ9617Front.asp?country=UK&amp;partner=MB&amp;userID=999
Post edited October 21, 2012 by dyscode
This week Amazon deal of Week are all racing games and the keys you'll get can redeemed on Origin.

- Burning Hot Bundle $7.99.

* Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box.
* Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.

- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $4.99.
- Need for Speed The Run $4.99.
- Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box $4.99.
- Need for Speed Ultimate Digital Collection $11.99.

* Need For Speed Pro Street.
* Need For Speed Undercover.
* Need For Speed Shift.
* Need For Speed Shift 2 Unleashed.
Post edited October 21, 2012 by racerboi101
dyscode: Gamesplanet UK has Dishonoured for £25 http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dishonored-3494-13.html If you subscribed to the newsletter you can participate in a survey to get a £5 voucher to use on any game. PS: Survey-Link http://survey.ideamap.net/EY69TQ/EY69TQ9617Front.asp?country=UK&amp;partner=MB&amp;userID=999
106 questions?!?!
dyscode: Gamesplanet UK has Dishonoured for £25 http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Dishonored-3494-13.html If you subscribed to the newsletter you can participate in a survey to get a £5 voucher to use on any game. PS: Survey-Link http://survey.ideamap.net/EY69TQ/EY69TQ9617Front.asp?country=UK&amp;partner=MB&amp;userID=999
nmillar: 106 questions?!?!
takes less than 15 minutes
What is their policy on sharing that data?

Edit: Lol ... on the German page, they have an advertisement for this "Unfrage" - which, however, does not translate to "survey", but rather to a clumsily formed neologism meaning "not a question", or "without being a question". ;)

They also invite us to participate by using 1:1 translation from an English word, which sounds much more stilted than the word that actual Germans would use ...
Post edited October 21, 2012 by Psyringe
Edit: Humm ... the survey forces me to state that I would want to pay at least 7€ for services that I'd rather not have at all. So all I can do is hitting the 7E button each and every time. How are they expecting any useful information from this?
Post edited October 21, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: Edit: Humm ... the forum forces me to state that I would want to pay at least 7€ for services that I'd rather not have at all. So all I can do is hitting the 7E button each and every time. How are they expecting any useful information from this?
Well, they made the survey, it's their problem. Best thing WE can do is letting them pay us to let them know won't pay enough for such as service ;->
Psyringe: Edit: Humm ... the forum forces me to state that I would want to pay at least 7€ for services that I'd rather not have at all. So all I can do is hitting the 7E button each and every time. How are they expecting any useful information from this?
dyscode: Well, they made the survey, it's their problem. Best thing WE can do is letting them pay us to let them know won't pay enough for such as service ;->
Good point. ;)

At least they have a "free answer" question where I could mention some of the things I _do_ care about (DRM-free games, independence from the shop after the purchase, keeping in control of my games, etc.). Doesn't really sound as if they were interesting in going into that direction, but they asked, so I answered.
The Political Machine 2012 is the daily deal of GG, 50% off and requires Steam.

Risen Midweek at GG
Risen 2: Dark Waters is 66% off and requires Steam.
Risen is 75% off.
Risen is $5 over at GG.

Psyringe: Edit: Humm ... the survey forces me to state that I would want to pay at least 7€ for services that I'd rather not have at all. So all I can do is hitting the 7E button each and every time. How are they expecting any useful information from this?
Perhaps the survey isn't for them. Perhaps it will be presented as "evidence" to a third party that "tons of people" are willing to pay for a service. The 5 euro off you receive is your bribe for helping them in their plan.

"Hey Psy, phone! It's your significant other looking for you."
"Say i'm not here."
"I'm not gonna do that!"
"Here's a fiver."
"Sorry, I don't know where Psy is."
Stupid page refresh! I didn't see Grynn already mentioned the Risen sale, and I'm not gonna try editing my post and figure out where all the line breaks are supposed to go.
Post edited October 22, 2012 by BlueMooner
racerboi101: Burning Hot Bundle $7.99. * Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box. * Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. - Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $4.99. - Need for Speed The Run $4.99. - Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box
From the burnout paradise description page:
Includes software that collects data online necessary to provide ingame advertising.
So now I need to be constantly online so that they can send me advertisement?