It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: Yes, actually the older games are more fun, since they have a much more creative leveldesign with lot's of secrets.
While D3 or Quake IV just rail you through nice corridors to shoot at things that jump out of closets. In that sense they seem quite dated. But the presentation is nice and I played other FPS games much, much worse.
GameRager: D3, while linear, has some nice interactions & amazing music/atmosphere. I don't get why everyone seems to think linear game=bad game.

(Not saying you think/thought linear games are bad games.....I'm just speaking in general here.)

An aside: Many people state that Doom 1/2/Final are less linear than D3 and this is true, but the older games were a bit linear as well(With many levels requiring you to find colored keycards to progress further into/finish the levels.).

orcishgamer: Doom IIIs engine is still a powerhouse, imo, it looks pretty nice to me.
GameRager: Have you ever tried the Ultimate Doom Doom3 mod? It adds even nicer looking graphics and(I think) some new weapons as well, such as a laser sighted pistol and a rail-gun mode for the plasma gun.
Yes, linear does not equal bad. E.g. Halo or Half Life 2 are really linear, too. It's really more a question of how entertaining it is, on the way through.

I mean, the corridors in D3 are REALLY mostly just corridors where things jump out and that was mostly 'it', as far as variety is concerned. It's some time, since I played it, so I might have forgotten some details. But it was a nicely entertaining whie it lasted. Though I also never had the undeniable urge to play it again, since then, unlike Halo or Half Life/ 2. Anyway worth $5 for me.
Post edited August 06, 2012 by dyscode
Amazon digital :

Supreme Commander 2 [Download] ( Steam ) $7.18

Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 [Download] $7.62
http://www.bigfishgames.com
To celebrate the Olympic spirit, we're offering a new game for sale each day for 17 days! The promotion starts on July, 27th and ends on August 12th.
There will be a new game for sale each day, either a Collector's Edition for only $6.99 or a standard version game for only $3.49!
Here's how it works:

Everyone can participate! Each daily discounted game will have a different coupon code. Just enter that code in the Have a coupon code? box during checkout to get the discount for that game!
The sale will last 17 days, beginning on Friday, July 27th at 12:00am and ending on Sunday, August 12th at 11:59pm (Pacific Time).
Only the advertised daily promotional games are eligible for this sale. That's 17 games total, including 12 Collector's Editions and 5 standard version games.

For your convenience, we'll list each game as it goes on sale, along with the game's special coupon code (in bold):

Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition - DAYONE
Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery Collector's Edition - DAYTWO
The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition - DAYTHREE
Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition - DAYFOUR
Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium Collector's Edition - DAYFIVE
Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco - DAYSIX
Escape Whisper Valley - DAYSEVEN
Vacation Quest: Australia - DAYEIGHT
Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition - DAYNINE
Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake Collector's Edition- DAYTEN
Escape the Emerald Star- DAY11
Mystery P.I.: The Curious Case of Counterfeit Cove- DAY12
Paranormal Crime Investigations: Brotherhood of the Crescent Snake Collector's Edition - DAY13

Please note: We are unable to offer upgrades from a standard version game to a Collector's Edition that was purchased at a sale price.
Game Club credits are not redeemable for Collector's Editions in combination with the discount coupon code.

To ensure that your game purchases will be both enjoyable and compatible, we encourage you to play the free trials when available before purchasing.
How do I enter my coupon code?

You can apply your coupon code in the shopping cart during checkout.

1. Sign in or create a free Big Fish Games account.
2. Find the daily promotional game and click Buy Now.
3. From the shopping cart, enter the coupon code advertised for that day's game, enter it in the Have a coupon code? box, then click Apply Code.
4. Review your subtotal and click Continue to proceed with checkout.
Post edited August 08, 2012 by ne_zavarj
Stronghold 3 Gold is on sale for $9.99 / £6.24 / €7.49 (75% off) at Get Games.

http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_US/list/categoryID.59453600

Titan Quest™ Gold Edition $4
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition $4 ( I think it can be activated on Steam )
Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® - Gold Edition $6
Company of Heroes® Gold Edition $6
Post edited August 06, 2012 by ne_zavarj
ne_zavarj: Stronghold 3 Gold is on sale for $9.99 / £6.24 / €7.49 (75% off) at Get Games.

http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_US/list/categoryID.59453600

Titan Quest™ Gold Edition $4
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition $4 ( I think it can be activated on Steam )
Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® - Gold Edition $6
Company of Heroes® Gold Edition $6
Wow,
those games are just €2 in the German /European?! store!
Are those redeemable on Steam or something?

And Dawn of War Gold is just €1.40

BTW:
I just played the Demo, totally not my style but I really suck at RTS of this style (Base Building) and I quite dislike the camera handling. (Dawn of War 2 ist much more fun to me as it is like Darwina or Multiwinia is usually as far as I go with RTS.)
dyscode: Yes, linear does not equal bad. E.g. Halo or Half Life 2 are really linear, too. It's really more a question of how entertaining it is, on the way through.

I mean, the corridors in D3 are REALLY mostly just corridors where things jump out and that was mostly 'it', as far as variety is concerned. It's some time, since I played it, so I might have forgotten some details. But it was a nicely entertaining whie it lasted. Though I also never had the undeniable urge to play it again, since then, unlike Halo or Half Life/ 2. Anyway worth $5 for me.
I(personally) love D3 and re-play it from time to time.......the gameplay and story drew/draws me in, and the various interactions(screens/PDAs/lockers)/atmosphere(lighting, music, sound)/etc kept/keep me hooked.
Post edited August 06, 2012 by GameRager
dyscode: Yes, linear does not equal bad. E.g. Halo or Half Life 2 are really linear, too. It's really more a question of how entertaining it is, on the way through.

GameRager: I(personally) love D3 and re-play it from time to time.......the gameplay and story drew/draws me in, and the various interactions(screens/PDAs/lockers)/atmosphere(lighting, music, sound)/etc kept/keep me hooked.
Yeah some things rub you just the right way :)
What I said was not quite right. I Remember now that 18 months before I wanted to play D3 again but then I got Mass Effected...
BTW: thanks for the Ultimate D3 Mod link, I totally forgot about that.
dyscode: Yeah some things rub you just the right way :)
What I said was not quite right. I Remember now that 18 months before I wanted to play D3 again but then I got Mass Effected...
BTW: thanks for the Ultimate D3 Mod link, I totally forgot about that.
Not a problem.

I know I played another with laser sighted pistols.....the one I linked to doesn't seem to be that one.....I wish I could remember which one it was.
Batman Arkham City is even €1 cheaper on GG.uk than on GG.com
for £6.78 (€8.50)
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-BMAC/batman-arkham-city?caff=1869351

I am waiting for Harley DLC to go on Sale on GG.
Post edited August 07, 2012 by dyscode
Some Steamworks deals at GG,

The Haunted: Hells Reach 75% off
Homefront Ultimate Edition 70% off
Blades of Time 50% off
Renegade Ops 77% off
Renegade Ops 4-pack 77% off (4 copies for the price of 2!)

Is The Haunted any good btw?
Post edited August 07, 2012 by grynn
Steam offers Deponia with 20% off. for 15,99€ in Europe and 15.99$ in the US.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214340/

If you are interessted in Oold School Point and Click Adventures - take a look.
Rincewind81: Steam offers Deponia with 20% off. for 15,99€ in Europe and 15.99$ in the US.

Well, at least the cutscene art improved after the ugly blobs of TWW...
Rincewind81: Steam offers Deponia with 20% off. for 15,99€ in Europe and 15.99$ in the US.

And look who hasn't released it? GOG. Seriously...
SimonG: And look who hasn't released it? GOG. Seriously...
GOG was too busy playing with their balls.

The trailer said it was a hilarious adventure, but it didn't even make me smirk.