It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amazon is having a Spring Sale starting on Thursday.

Some highlights:

The Darkness II-12.49
Kingdoms of Amalur: $39.99
Syndicate - 39.99
Crusader Kings II (Only good 4/5-4/8)-17.99
Saints Row: The Third-24.99
Major League Baseball 2K12-19.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE-11.99
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine: $9.99
Dragon Age Pack (Dragon Age Origins Ultimate+Dragon Age 2) -9.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter-5.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - 4.99
Shift 2 - Unleashed - 4.99
The Saboteur - 4.99
L.A. Noire - 4.99
Serious Sam 2-2.99
Serious Sam Double D-2.39
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter-1.49

There's loads more. For the complete list check the thread on CAG.
Serious Sam deals seem to a counter to Gamersgate's deals.
dyscode: Capsize is definitely a great survival exploration shooter, really great mystic/horror ambient theme also but without a controller it's not so much fun.
AFnord: I actually thought it worked quite well with a mouse & keyboard. Usually with these types of games I prefer a gamepad, but when it comes to abuse-like controls, a mouse & keyboard is the way to go.
Yes, with Abuse (and mostly this kind of gmae) keys and mouse is the way to go, but with Capsize, I did just not come to grips until I started using a controller.
Post edited April 03, 2012 by dyscode
uchos: Amazon is having a Spring Sale starting on Thursday.

Some highlights:

The Darkness II-12.49
Kingdoms of Amalur: $39.99
Syndicate - 39.99
Crusader Kings II (Only good 4/5-4/8)-17.99
Saints Row: The Third-24.99
Major League Baseball 2K12-19.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE-11.99
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine: $9.99
Dragon Age Pack (Dragon Age Origins Ultimate+Dragon Age 2) -9.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter-5.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - 4.99
Shift 2 - Unleashed - 4.99
The Saboteur - 4.99
L.A. Noire - 4.99
Serious Sam 2-2.99
Serious Sam Double D-2.39
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter-1.49

There's loads more. For the complete list check the thread on CAG.
This is good. I may pick up SS at amazon then. 60% off my azz.
LA Noire for five bucks? Daaaaamn.
Luisfius: LA Noire for five bucks? Daaaaamn.
I wonder if this includes the DLC packs.

Steam stopped bundling them some time ago.
Post edited April 03, 2012 by Foxhack
uchos: Amazon is having a Spring Sale starting on Thursday.
Nice sale.
Space Hack
L.A. Noire (everyone else seems to like it for some reason)
The Saboteur

Probably the ones i will get :)
I was waiting around the other day for somebody else here to be brave enough to buy Serious Sam II on GamersGate. I waited and waited. SOMEBODY on GOG had to have already bought Serious Sam II on Steam, right? Well, I guess after playing it in 2005, I was the only person on GOG left with any interest at all in revisiting it, so I decided to take the plunge. Not that you care, of course.

Yeah, Serious Sam II still isn't that great. It's actually better than I remember it being, perhaps that's nostalgia or something, but it's a far cry from First and Second Encounter.

Anyway, for those of you serio- err... curious about Serious Sam on GamersGate, here's the lowdown. Serious Sam II allows you to download the game data from GamersGate, but unfortunately, they must have decided to screw people over after converting it to Steamworks, as the GamersGate download includes the data encrypted into two large files alongside a Steam installer. Despite previously being listed as DRM-free, the bastards really did it. You're going to have to activate it on Steam, so don't bother clicking download on GamersGate.

The GOOD news is that the Steam version of Serious Sam II is also DRM-free. At least, it is until the day they decided to add in achievements or something and then require it to be launched through the client. I wouldn't hold it past them. -_-;

Serious Sam FE, SE, and II are all DRM-free. I already have the first two on GOG, so I have those installers downloaded instead, but for Serious Sam II, I've downloaded and backed up the game folder, so it's as good as owned.

The HD versions and both indie games (RE, DD) have Steam DRM. Yes, Double D is DRM-free on GamersGate and Desura, while Random Encounter is DRM-free on Desura (but appears to be Steamworks on GamersGate), but the Steam versions of all of these games must be launched through the client. Speaking of Desura, the Desura versions of FE and SE have to be activated on Steam. Again, the Steam versions have no DRM, nor do the GOG versions, which begs the question of why they didn't just let you download and play them straight from Desura?

Short version: Get Serious Sam FE, SE, or II from wherever, get Double D from GamersGate or Desura, get Random Encounter from Desura, Greek Encounter isn't worth the $1 they want for it, everything else has to be played through Steam.

nijuu: L.A. Noire (everyone else seems to like it for some reason)
If it doesn't look like the kind of thing you would like, you don't need to play it. Me? That kind of thing is right up my alley, I'm a sucker for hard-boiled detective stuff. :P
Post edited April 03, 2012 by Skunk
Thanks for that. I was thinking about piecing it together anyways. The GG complete version doesn't offer the two originals. The Steam collection does. If I'd caught it at 75 or 88% it would've been a different story...

The bastards
Post edited April 03, 2012 by the_bard
Sweet, going to pick up the Darkness 2, seems so damn cheap and didn't it just come out like a month or so ago?
Stiler: Sweet, going to pick up the Darkness 2, seems so damn cheap and didn't it just come out like a month or so ago?
Yes.
Isnt it a bit short like 5-6 hours in length?
Can someone please talk me into buying Blur and Capsized?

Good prices and metacritic marks, but I'm still not convinced, though certainly tempted.
Falci: Can someone please talk me into buying Blur and Capsized?

Good prices and metacritic marks, but I'm still not convinced, though certainly tempted.
Tycho (of Penny Arcade) on Blur: "I'm ashamed to have recommended it."

Unless Bizarre Creations patched the hell out of it before being dissolved by whoever (EA or Activision, can't recall) then it's probably on a list of games to avoid.
orcishgamer: Space Marine is also up for 9.99 USD.
Tizzysawr: I mentioned that one second! :P
Er, sorry, the preceding "Warhammer 40,000" made my eyes read right past it as another DoW2 title:)
Post edited April 03, 2012 by orcishgamer

Blur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kik1iqxg-xM&feature=relmfu (Totalhalibut)
Go to 00:35 to 01:35 --- one of his top 10 games of the year he has played etc

Capsized
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Hc6y788lU&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL

His actual 'WTF <insert game name>"" impression series is pretty good :)
Post edited April 03, 2012 by nijuu

Capsized has a demo. I tried it, it's like... Aquaria but with Metroid. I liked the demo, but I'm not sure if I'm buying it yet.