It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cecil: fair enough or we can help each other with the puzzles :-)
Sounds good to me. Which episode are you on?
Alekhine's Gun is available for €12.74 on the Indie Gala Store as opposed to Steam's €33.99 price tag.

Edit: No longer applicable.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: Alekhine's Gun is available for €12.74 on the Indie Gala Store as opposed to Steam's €33.99 price tag.
I'm going to guess that's a mistake on Indie Gala's end. Grab it cheap while you can!

Great find, by the way.
gixgox: Flying Bundle - 1C Strategy Bundle
Pay at least$1.49to get these games

Faces of War
Hexus
Stalingrad
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Aftershock

World War I
I can recommend UFO: Aftershock with Okim's masterful UFO:Aftershock ACM. Well, it's a TCM (Total conversion), but it began life as a re-skinning and sound reworking mod. It included many new and improved models for the weapons, and much more authentic sound effects. When he was done with that, he moved on to tweaking (and expanding) the weapons available, and added some weapons to make the Cyborgs into the walking tanks that they sound like. It's no longer in active development, but it is complete. I saw one bug and reported it, and he fixed it rather quickly. He also balanced the difficulty more in favor of the AI by increasing the spawn multiplier by 3 to 1 or so for standard difficulty. I believe in one mission, I watched about 15 warriors walk by (I had a team of 5/6 folks). That same mission, I sent out a scout to pull the warriors back through a room with one way in and out (in hopefully ones and twos). That strategy worked for a bit - but some of the others knuckleheads got wise and started chucking 'nades and RPGs my way. It didn't end so well. If you have a room with two entrances, the AI will definitely try to flank you. So the AI does adapt to your strategy.

My biggest problem with the game is the crashing. That said, I was running it on an ATi video card, in a laptop that the vendor (HP) required their specific driver - why do they do this? As usual, they promptly dropped video driver support six whole months after the laptop was released. It's too bad that the Omega Driver guy fell off the face of the earth. I honestly pin most of the instability on the AMD card, because it worked just fine on an Nvidia video card - that is until the caps fell off - and of course XFX would not honor their "double lifetime" warranty. Apparently I registered it 30 days after I purchased, and it had to be registered within 15 or some crud like that.

My biggest gameplay issue is that the supply system (the yellow tracks) are not well explained. For instance, to get all resources from a province, you need only connect the track to the capitol's county. Other counties will deliver their resources to the capitol, unless there's a local track to drop them onto (in the case that the capitol is owned by someone else).

Oh yes, I also liked UFO: Aftermath with the ComboFix Beta mod. There's some graphical glitches (again, could be ATi related), and a couple of game breaking bugs. Here's a hint, though. If they tell you to carry something to the extraction point, make darn sure it is in your hands. In your backpack is not good enough! The game will say it is, but then the research never happen, and the game will basically stop at that point. I had to use a VFS (Virtual File System) extractor to pull my boys (and girls) out of that save game and transfer them into a new save game. Yes, technically cheating, but I wasn't giving up my experienced dudes to a game glitch.

In both games, I logged about 200 missions. Aftermath missions are short, I probably put about 100 hours into it, maybe about 30 hours more when considering the glitch. Aftershock missions can be much longer, most are one-offs, but occasionally you'll get a 2-part (and at least one 12-parter), so I probably logged closer to 300 hours in Aftershock. It helps to have an interest in small team tactical combat games, though. As for the RTS portion, well, the pausing makes it play like Baldur's Gate or Darklands, so if you pause a lot, you can learn what's happening very quickly (or slowly, as needed).
jcosmocohen: I'm going to guess that's a mistake on Indie Gala's end. Grab it cheap while you can!

Great find, by the way.
And now it's been fixed.
New Bundle Stars Bundle - The Premier Collection 9.99 :

Deadfall Adventures
From the Depths
Lifeless Planet Premier Edition
Penarium
Dwelvers
Probably not that new but I haven't seen this mentioned here in the past.

BreakQuest is free now from the developers site
http://nurium.com/breakquest.html

I had to use compatibility (just tried XP SP 2 which worked on my Win8.1 system).

In my opinion, BreakQuest is easily one of the best breakout games made ever and sadly wasn't that huge of a commercial hit back then.
Nelvin: Probably not that new but I haven't seen this mentioned here in the past.

BreakQuest is free now from the developers site
http://nurium.com/breakquest.html

I had to use compatibility (just tried XP SP 2 which worked on my Win8.1 system).

In my opinion, BreakQuest is easily one of the best breakout games made ever and sadly wasn't that huge of a commercial hit back then.
thank you
New Indiegala Hump Day Bundle :

Chip
Procyon
Loot Hero DX
Rex Rocket
Adventures of Pip
Magdalena
Demon Hearts
The Old City: Leviathan
NaissanceE
Arcadecraft
FLASHOUT 2
Tap Heroes
Groupees Build a bundle 13 preorder!

https://groupees.com/bab13

8 games $1.50
So I just noticed something kinda odd so Nal Is Dead is the IGS PWYW deal but also part of the base tier of weird trippy art bundle at Groupees.
cecil: So I just noticed something kinda odd so Nal Is Dead is the IGS PWYW deal but also part of the base tier of weird trippy art bundle at Groupees.
I noticed that, but the groupees version is only redeemable at itch.io, not hosted on groupees.

Same difference I suppose for folks with itch accounts.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by budejovice
cecil: ... part of the base tier of weird trippy art bundle at Groupees.
I think it's one of the most interesting Groupees deals in a while. Probably not for everyone, but there are several game that I would like to try. Will definitely pick it up.

I agree that the timing of the "NAL is dead" dev is pretty bad though. I could imagine that IGS isn't exactly happy about it.
cecil: So I just noticed something kinda odd so Nal Is Dead is the IGS PWYW deal but also part of the base tier of weird trippy art bundle at Groupees.
budejovice: I noticed that, but the groupees version is only redeemable at itch.io, not hosted on groupees.

Same difference I suppose for folks with itch accounts.
nice catch with that difference :-) It's just I've never heard many people scornfully say it's IGS shovel ware time where as Groupees is known for their "quality"
cecil: I put in my e-mail and it seemed to work so if I get a code I will pass it on if that helps :-)
Oh nice. Fistbump mate.
Post edited March 10, 2016 by HeDanny