It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gixgox: Well, this key is a gift. Do you want it?
The Ninja Cats have to wait for a rather long time, I'm afraid. I can't install anything at the moment, because I lost 5 USB drives due to a failing power strip, and my C: drive is full to the brim.
Tough luck there, how did you manage to destroy 5 drives :( Regarding the wolf I'll leave it for grabs, so pm gixgox if you want it :)
Just saw the leaked news on X-Wing and Tie Fighter coming tomorrow. If true, I'm going to regret my last 200 or so game purchases, because they'll now never get played.
oh man, now I am torn AGAIN!

Cold War
Curse: eye of Isis.

Two games I've wanted for quite a while, however...

Buy cheaper now on STEAM, and have them on STEAM, or Stay firm to my DRM-FREE stance, but then have to pay more on Gamer's Gate, where their versions of "DRM-Free" is not only a bloody hassle, but it also a straight up falsehood?

Basically, Steam = Super cheap, Steam"DRM", easy peasy
or Gamer's Gate = More expensive, "DRM-Free" not really, bloody nuisance.
HeDanny: oh man, now I am torn AGAIN!

Cold War
Curse: eye of Isis.

Two games I've wanted for quite a while, however...

Buy cheaper now on STEAM, and have them on STEAM, or Stay firm to my DRM-FREE stance, but then have to pay more on Gamer's Gate, where their versions of "DRM-Free" is not only a bloody hassle, but it also a straight up falsehood?

Basically, Steam = Super cheap, Steam"DRM", easy peasy
or Gamer's Gate = More expensive, "DRM-Free" not really, bloody nuisance.
Curse Eye of Isis is also available at DotEmu, DRM FRee and without the bullshit from GG or steam.
Cold War might also be there IIRC.
Post edited October 28, 2014 by trusteft
Ghostbusters: The Videogame on Steam for $2,99 USD ^_^
trusteft: Curse Eye of Isis is also available at DotEmu, DRM FRee and without the bullshit from GG or steam.
Thank you kindly. I just checked and they are both there. Dotemu has a wishlist too, so they will email me if they go on sale? Have you (or anyone else reading this) used these guys before? Respectable? How's their patch system?

Reminds me of get games go for some reason. Another store I keep forgetting exists.
trusteft: Curse Eye of Isis is also available at DotEmu, DRM FRee and without the bullshit from GG or steam.
HeDanny: Thank you kindly. I just checked and they are both there. Dotemu has a wishlist too, so they will email me if they go on sale? Have you (or anyone else reading this) used these guys before? Respectable? How's their patch system?

Reminds me of get games go for some reason. Another store I keep forgetting exists.
I use them for....about 4 years I think. I haven't bought many games from them, just a small fraction of what I buy from GOG, mostly titles that are not available here (Hardwar, Curse Eye of Isis, etc). I just started using the wishlist option actually so I don't know if they notify you on them, but when there is a sale in generally they will notify you.
I trust them, more than I trust GG or Steam. The games I have bought from them are all old so there are no new patches, not sure how their patching goes for newer titles.
HeDanny: Thank you kindly. I just checked and they are both there. Dotemu has a wishlist too, so they will email me if they go on sale? Have you (or anyone else reading this) used these guys before? Respectable? How's their patch system?

Yes, on Dotemu it's DRM Free but usually does not go down in price to less than $5, which I always was hesitant to spent, versus $1 on Steam, now. If the Steam run convinces me, I am likely to get it on dotemu, too.
Same goes for Silverfall.

PS; if anyone cares to remember: Dotemu sold a DRMFree Version of Vampires Masquarade Bloodlines for a very shor time. I wished I got back then for $8.
Post edited October 28, 2014 by dyscode
I'd recommend Dotemu too. Bought a few games from there with no problems. Not sure about their update strategy on newer games though as I've only bought older games from them which have already been patched up.
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Pajama

dyscode: Yes, on Dotemu it's DRM Free but usually does not go down in price to less than $5, which I always was hesitant to spent, versus $1 on Steam, now. If the Steam run convinces me, I am likely to get it on dotemu, too.
Same goes for Silverfall.

PS; if anyone cares to remember: Dotemu sold a DRMFree Version of Vampires Masquarade Bloodlines for a very shor time. I wished I got back then for $8.
Well I got Curse Eye of Isis two days ago for 4.99 It was on sale.

As for Steam. I don't know. I have reached a point where I simply avoid Steam only games unless I really really really really really want them and I can't get them dRM-FREE or on consoles.
For example even the latest Sid Meyers game which I want, I won't get it for the foreseeable future.
MaxFulvus: Well, maybe it is time for me to grab The Orange Box, I feel numb for never playing Half-Life 2 !
If the discount is also -75% and if I use my Loyalty voucher, I will pay 3,57€ only.
I guess I can't use the -25% loyalty voucher and the -20% Halloween voucher in conjunction, right ?
BlackThorny: Well I finally got my welcome pack form GMG in addition to a "4 more days" notice so I guess I'll go an buy something :)
I only have a 23% off voucher with my welcome pack, where did you get a 25% off one and can anyone use it?
It came in an email for those who get an X-Com Enemy Unknown key after voting for the Golden Joystick awards.
Thanks for the replies. I'll go make an account on Dotemu and add some stuff to my wishlist. Gotta be better than gamer's gate, eh? Might even buy some stuff. Depending on how big a wad I blow in a few hours here when the new games go up! Woo!!
DotEmu never sent any emails about patches or when a game from my wish-list goes on sale.
They send only mails about their common sales. Their catalogue isn't big - but fine.
Since some time they sell also a few mobile games.
I never had any problems with DotEmu.

The Big Brain Wolf is still waiting for a caring gamer :)
Post edited October 28, 2014 by gixgox
gixgox: DotEmu never sent any emails about patches or when a game from my wish-list goes on sale.
They send only mails about their common sales. Their catalogue isn't big - but fine.
Since some time they sell also a few mobile games.
I never had any problems with DotEmu.
They do not only sell mobile games they actively ported them to the mobile platforms (Raiden Legacy, Another World, Last Express etc.) :)
Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that.