It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

_Auster_: Ring of Pain here on GOG doesn't have the paid soundtrack DLC, which was released on Steam back in October 2020.
Not to mention the missing Mac version on GOG.
B1tf1gher raised a good question: shouldn't we also have a list about the games where the offline installers get neglected? I don't use Galaxy, but I read time and again about games where the Galaxy version receives updates and patches and the offline version does not.

Would anyone be interested in running such a thread and collecting such reports? I have, unfortunately, not the time to do so. But perhaps @omega could extend this thread to 'offline installer users as second class citizens'? For example by using the 'reserved for later use' post on the first page? Or someone else could start a new thread about this topic?
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil: B1tf1gher raised a good question: shouldn't we also have a list about the games where the offline installers get neglected? I don't use Galaxy, but I read time and again about games where the Galaxy version receives updates and patches and the offline version does not.

Would anyone be interested in running such a thread and collecting such reports? I have, unfortunately, not the time to do so. But perhaps @omega could extend this thread to 'offline installer users as second class citizens'? For example by using the 'reserved for later use' post on the first page? Or someone else could start a new thread about this topic?
Somebody wrote a script that collects the discrepancies: https://airtable.com/shrldLsErlUf3eHqS/tbltXjS8fxEGG11eD
There are some false positives (I can confirm that Curse of the Dead Gods is probably just a typo) and it only collects once a week, so some of the entries might be out of date, but it seems to work fine.
Lifthrasil: B1tf1gher raised a good question: shouldn't we also have a list about the games where the offline installers get neglected? I don't use Galaxy, but I read time and again about games where the Galaxy version receives updates and patches and the offline version does not.

Would anyone be interested in running such a thread and collecting such reports?
Thought WinterSnowfall was tracking?

Would anyone be interested in running such a thread and collecting such reports?
Cavalary: Thought WinterSnowfall was tracking?
So then there's such thread already?
Care to share a link to it then?

EDIT:

soosgjr: Somebody wrote a script that collects the discrepancies: https://airtable.com/shrldLsErlUf3eHqS/tbltXjS8fxEGG11eD
There are some false positives (I can confirm that Curse of the Dead Gods is probably just a typo) and it only collects once a week, so some of the entries might be out of date, but it seems to work fine.
I took a quick look at this list and it doesn't cut to the chase.
It only tackles one of the issues that the supposed thread to be created would follow.
This list only really shows if some given game has outdated offline installer when compared to Galaxy-originated builds.
It does NOT show for example if there's a discrepancy between what version transitions offline patches cover vs the available number of builds total - I can name one specific example in regards to this where offline patches only cover a subset of builds and so every few versions a full offline installer based reinstall is required in order to up the version - this creates a disadvantage for offline installer users (as naturally Galaxy does not have this problem) while the list does not cover such occurences at all.
Another example is that for quite some games DLC offline installers are only available for the very latest version of the game, that combined with the previous outlined problem creates a predicament in which under certain circumstances you would have to do a full offline reinstall just to install DLC.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by B1tF1ghter
B1tF1ghter: So then there's such thread already?
Not a thread, but that list soosgjr linked to. Dug up where it was announced, and see the posts above that too.
B1tF1ghter: This list only really shows if some given game has outdated offline installer when compared to Galaxy-originated builds.
It does NOT show for example if there's a discrepancy between what version transitions offline patches cover vs the available number of builds total - I can name one specific example in regards to this where offline patches only cover a subset of builds and so every few versions a full offline installer based reinstall is required in order to up the version - this creates a disadvantage for offline installer users (as naturally Galaxy does not have this problem) while the list does not cover such occurences at all.
Another example is that for quite some games DLC offline installers are only available for the very latest version of the game, that combined with the previous outlined problem creates a predicament in which under certain circumstances you would have to do a full offline reinstall just to install DLC.
Yeah, that's just to compare the situations where the offline installer really is behind. Pre-Galaxy GOG did not tend to offer patches (admittedly, for old GOG there wasn't that much need), so I for one don't consider not having separate offline patch files as having worsened anything. Or, in other words, Galaxy users get an added benefit, but offline installer users don't lose something they used to have.
The problem is this trend of stores getting separate versions and handling patching themselves, instead of games being able to either update on their own (if allowed to connect to check, on a manual request) or patch files being generic and downloadable off the game's / developer's / publisher's official site.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by Cavalary
B1tF1ghter: So then there's such thread already?
Cavalary: Not a thread, but that list soosgjr linked to. Dug up where it was announced, and see the posts above that too.
B1tF1ghter: This list only really shows if some given game has outdated offline installer when compared to Galaxy-originated builds.
Cavalary: Yeah, that's just to compare the situations where the offline installer really is behind. Pre-Galaxy GOG did not tend to offer patches (admittedly, for old GOG there wasn't that much need), so I for one don't consider not having separate offline patch files as having worsened anything. Or, in other words, Galaxy users get an added benefit, but offline installer users don't lose something they used to have.
The problem is this trend of stores getting separate versions and handling patching themselves, instead of games being able to either update on their own (if allowed to connect to check, on a manual request) or patch files being generic and downloadable off the game's / developer's / publisher's official site.
The thing is:
1.Neglecting patches for "pre Galaxy" games is still wrong
2.I have a very specific example for a game that is fairly new and still being updated.

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1957528513#downloads
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1957528513#builds
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1957528513#changelog
Notice how offline patches don't span the entire build range and every few versions you would have to download the full installer. And this is a rather large sized game so...
You can even see one patch being removed (just... WHY) in changelog.

Also, the DLC installer seems to be only available for the very latest version of the game.
Combine it with the previous notice and you got a predicament combo.
B1tF1ghter: I took a quick look at this list and it doesn't cut to the chase.
It only tackles one of the issues that the supposed thread to be created would follow.
This list only really shows if some given game has outdated offline installer when compared to Galaxy-originated builds.
*list puts on sad face emoji* :P. It is what it is.

B1tF1ghter: It does NOT show for example if there's a discrepancy between what version transitions offline patches cover vs the available number of builds total.
I get the problem here, but to be honest it was never meant to track this (more nuanced) issue in particular. And given the consistency of the entries reported by the GOG APIs, compiling such a list programmatically would be akin to trying to shoot yourself in the leg... Unfortunately I don't have the time to look into this at the moment, even if it were more pleasant a task. In fact, my GOG surveillance server is currently down (due to hardware failure), so expect the list to lag behind more than usual for a while... *sigh*.
Post edited June 11, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
Can aynone confirm if Nanotale - Typing Chronicle is out of date?
On Steam it received an update two weeks ago introducing a better map etc, but if I check gogdb it seems like the last update here was in April.
I'm on the fence of buying it, but if it is out of date...
Kirben: Blackwell (The complete series) - missing 2021 update for modern monitors on Steam

Gemini Rue - missing 2017 and 2021 updates for modern monitors on Steam

Golden Wake - missing 2020 update on Steam

It is sadly becoming clear Wadjet Eye Games couldn't care less about their GOG customers. Every question about the updates coming to GOG is just ignored by the developer on Steam forums.
MarkoH01: Good news:
Dave Gilbert was so friendly to reply to my question about this within seconds ...

"Hm. They may be right. GOG used to take care of that stuff for me, but not anymore. I thought I updated some of those myself but I might not have done it right. I will look into it!"
This games where upated?
MarkoH01: Good news:
Dave Gilbert was so friendly to reply to my question about this within seconds ...

"Hm. They may be right. GOG used to take care of that stuff for me, but not anymore. I thought I updated some of those myself but I might not have done it right. I will look into it!"
KetobaK: This games where upated?
Not yet - we probably might need a bit patience.
Foregone (Big Blue Bubble / Big Blue Bubble) is missing the paid soundtrack DLC on GOG (and on the EGS, curiously).

Also, SteamDB lists the original build released on 22 February 2021 and one more build on 4 March 2021. GOGDB lists only one build released on 23 February 2021.
It looks like the Steam update on 4 March 2021 removed a file called "Foregone_steam.exe", while also changing some asset files. It's possible this patch never got to GOG because it only addresses problems specific to the Steam version, but that's just conjecture at this point. However, since the game was an EGS exclusive before coming to Steam and GOG, it's reasonable to assume that the GOG build includes all patches and content updates released for the game over its EGS exclusivity period, so it should be fairly up-to-date.
KetobaK: This games where upated?
MarkoH01: Not yet - we probably might need a bit patience.
Oh, ok...
PATIENCE
high rated
GRIP is missing online multiplayer and a bunch of DLC packs; Artifex Car Pack, Delorean 2650, as well as the free Artbook and Manual DLC. It tries to make up for this by having a lower base price.
Post edited June 17, 2021 by Grargar
Grargar: GRIP is missing online multiplayer and a bunch of DLC packs; Artifex Car Pack, Delorean 2650, as well as the free Artbook and Manual DLC. It tries to make up for this by having a lower base price.
The cars could be licensing issues Art book unsure maybe the same if it has cars in it.. but the manual yeah no reason why that wasn't included unless maybe it has images of cars that again has licensing issues.. Multiplayer That might have to deal with servers if its that sort of multiplayer.. But meh Multiplayer for me is nothing I care about anyway if its online multiplayer..