It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: More than two months have passed since I had contacted GOG support about "SpellForce Platinum" being outdated vis-a-vis steam (where the game had been updated to version 1.61 back in April 2021). Nothing has happened in that respect in the meantime and the game remains grossly outdated on GOG.

I have given up on GOG updating the game anytime soon; I have therefore rebought the game today from a steam key seller for US$2.5. I can report that the steam version is DRM-free and client-free out-of-the-box, as far as I can tell. I bought my key from Fanatical but there are other places where you can buy the steam key for more or less the same price when on sale (https://isthereanydeal.com/game/spellforceplatinumedition/info/).
phaolo: Sad.. btw did you try asking about Gog on Steam, in the patch discussion?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/39540/eventcomments/3172198151256171016?snr=1_2108_9__2107
I would do it myself, but I can't partecipate since I never bought anything on that store.
No, I didn't. One forum is enough for me.
Add Tomas Sala / Wired Productions to the list. For the game Falconeer, they updated the Steam version to have VR, and have stated it is for Steam only, it won't be coming to GOG.
high rated
Another World can be added to the list.

"Major Update
Posted
Sat, June 11
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition - Game Update
New game update
Dear community, dear fans,

Last month, we have updated the PC VERSION of Another World - 20th Anniversary for the first time on Steam.

Eric Chahi and our friends at Goblinz have developed this update to make this version similar to the console versions.

- All backgrounds of the game are now in 1080p
- Fixing gameplay scripting
- Fixing minor bug
- Adding 8 new languages : Simplified Chinese - Brazilian Portuguese - Japanese - Korean - Portuguese - Polish - Russian and Turkish

Thank you again for your support, and do not hesitate to reach our technical support to report any issue: support@thedigitalounge.com

Stay safe,

Digital Lounge Team"
high rated
DUSK should now have all the same goodies content as Steam:
https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1602833388049604608
The Enhanced version of Quake seems to have dropped... halfway.

There's most of the single player content (The original game and expansions and the two expansions released by machinegames), multiplayer, but at least I cannot access the Bethesda.net account, so I can't access the new addons/missions nor the horde mode.

Also there's no Galaxy achievements (there's an option on the menu that shows a list of achievements, but that's it). I know this list does not has achievements, but hey, in case someone's interested.
Neurus_Ex: The Enhanced version of Quake seems to have dropped... halfway.

There's most of the single player content (The original game and expansions and the two expansions released by machinegames), multiplayer, but at least I cannot access the Bethesda.net account, so I can't access the new addons/missions nor the horde mode.

Also there's no Galaxy achievements (there's an option on the menu that shows a list of achievements, but that's it). I know this list does not has achievements, but hey, in case someone's interested.
You can access your Bethesda.net account in the options menu.
Attachments:
quake.jpg (90 Kb)
Ghildrean: You can access your Bethesda.net account in the options menu.
Ah, no, I wasn't clear enough, by "I cannot access my Bethesda account" I meant that when I tried to get any of the addons, I got an error message.
Attachments:
WolfEisberg: Add Tomas Sala / Wired Productions to the list. For the game Falconeer, they updated the Steam version to have VR, and have stated it is for Steam only, it won't be coming to GOG.
Thanks for the news, Wolf!

Warbird3000 [developer] Dec 13 @ 10:24pm
I have stated at the moment it's not scheduled for GOG.

First it needs to be seen if it is stable and functional on all the different types of hardware.

Then it needs to be succesful enough to warrant further development.

seeing this is a one of extra and I can only do support myself on steam it's unlikely to come to GOG in the near future...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1135260/eventcomments/3716063566027262009?snr=2_9_100003_
Regarding what I mentioned the other day about Quake Enhanced, it looks like the addon problem is a OS problem (I'm using Win 7 and the game needs Win 10 for TLS 3 or something like that), so I guess it should be fine for this thread's standards.
Stardock's Star Control:Origins is another candidate.
Latest V1.6 with a major Engine overhaul dropped about a month ago.
GOG is competely ignored.

Though it's a good thing actually, as the update seems to break the game.
agog4games: Stardock's Star Control:Origins is another candidate.
Latest V1.6 with a major Engine overhaul dropped about a month ago.
GOG is competely ignored.

Though it's a good thing actually, as the update seems to break the game.
Maybe that's the reason why they skip it. Have you tried to contacted the dev?
Neurus_Ex: Regarding what I mentioned the other day about Quake Enhanced, it looks like the addon problem is a OS problem (I'm using Win 7 and the game needs Win 10 for TLS 3 or something like that), so I guess it should be fine for this thread's standards.
No it's not, if the game doesn't support W10 is not a second class treatment for GOG, it's just how it's developed.
Post edited December 20, 2022 by Ruvika
Neurus_Ex: Regarding what I mentioned the other day about Quake Enhanced, it looks like the addon problem is a OS problem (I'm using Win 7 and the game needs Win 10 for TLS 3 or something like that), so I guess it should be fine for this thread's standards.
Ruvika: No it's not, if the game doesn't support W10 is not a second class treatment for GOG, it's just how it's developed.
Precisely. Should it work with win7 for Steam (or other platform), that would have been a different story. But if its uniform across all platforms it's available on, there is no GOG second-class treatment there to speak of.
Please post this useful info here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/does_it_run_on_win_7_thread
Post edited December 21, 2022 by phaolo
Ruvika: No it's not, if the game doesn't support W10 is not a second class treatment for GOG, it's just how it's developed.
I'm sorry, but aren't we saying the same thing? Quake enhanced came to GoG (after a year and 4 months), and the issue I was getting was due the OS I'm running the game, so it should be fine for this thread's standards, as its as it is everywhere else.

phaolo: Please post this useful info here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/does_it_run_on_win_7_thread
Not much to ad that what is already on this thread, but ok.
Post edited December 24, 2022 by Neurus_Ex
Regarding the Spellforce patch, I've read through the Steam thread about a month ago and it seems to have broken more things than it fixed, at least judging by the discussion there.

Might be the reason why GOG did not get it. The patch itself is also apparently not final/still being worked on. So not sure it really belongs here.

I played through the GOG version, all Campaigns and Free Play pretty much without issues.
Post edited December 24, 2022 by idbeholdME