It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

idbeholdME: Regarding the Spellforce patch, I've read through the Steam thread about a month ago and it seems to have broken more things than it fixed, at least judging by the discussion there.

Might be the reason why GOG did not get it. The patch itself is also apparently not final/still being worked on. So not sure it really belongs here.

I played through the GOG version, all Campaigns and Free Play pretty much without issues.
On Steam the new patch must be activated manually, by default you get the game at the same version of GOG, but activating the Beta channel you can play with the newer version, even if it's still in development.

And THIS is the issue, even GOG Galaxy has a Beta channel, but it's empty... while on Steam you can choose to play the newer version, with all its bugs or enhancements, on GOG you just can't.
powergod: And THIS is the issue, even GOG Galaxy has a Beta channel, but it's empty... while on Steam you can choose to play the newer version, with all its bugs or enhancements, on GOG you just can't.
Oh, right. I forgot Galaxy can also do Beta channels. Then yes, it would be nice to have the patch there.
Post edited December 24, 2022 by idbeholdME
idbeholdME: Regarding the Spellforce patch, I've read through the Steam thread about a month ago and it seems to have broken more things than it fixed, at least judging by the discussion there.

Might be the reason why GOG did not get it. The patch itself is also apparently not final/still being worked on. So not sure it really belongs here.

I played through the GOG version, all Campaigns and Free Play pretty much without issues.
That is not the reason it is not on GOG, at least not according to the GOG support person I have been in contact with.

As for the GOG version working just fine for you --- lucky you. For me, it crashes as soon as I click on options in the main menu. The steam version does not. I plan to start playing the steam version next month.

Just to be clear, you are talking about the SpelllForce Platinum patch that was released 20 months ago (April 2021) and is marked as version 1.61, right?
mrkgnao: Just to be clear, you are talking about the SpelllForce Platinum patch that was released 20 months ago (April 2021) and is marked as version 1.61, right?
Yes.

The game crashes in the options if it is set into an unsupported resolution. By default, it can only do 4:3 resolutions with 1600x1200 being the max. Not sure if you touched the config files in any way (like setting the game to 16:9), but if you use one of the supported resolutions, it should not crash.

The 1.61 apparently fixed that, but the original thread for the patch does not fill me with confidence in other ways. Multiple reports of problems that appeared for people after the patch.

The only problem I had with the GOG version was that I wasn't able to quit the game normally. Always had to kill it through Task Manager from the main menu. Quitting normally would permanently blackscreen my PC.
Post edited December 24, 2022 by idbeholdME
mrkgnao: Just to be clear, you are talking about the SpelllForce Platinum patch that was released 20 months ago (April 2021) and is marked as version 1.61, right?
idbeholdME: Yes.

The game crashes in the options if it is set into an unsupported resolution. By default, it can only do 4:3 resolutions with 1600x1200 being the max. Not sure if you touched the config files in any way (like setting the game to 16:9), but if you use one of the supported resolutions, it should not crash.

The 1.61 apparently fixed that, but the original thread for the patch does not fill me with confidence in other ways. Multiple reports of problems that appeared for people after the patch.
Thanks.
high rated
Ok, let's see if I can make this report concise enough...

Almost every build of every version of Long Live The Queen seems to have a different update.

Starting off with GOG's version:
- Linux build is tagged as having the update 1.3.23.4
- Mac build is tagged as having the update 1.3.94
- Windows build is tagged as having the update 1.3.21

Itchio's version:
- Linux update is 1.3.20 (which doesn't even start, btw)
- Mac update is 1.3.94
- Windows update is 1.3.93

Steam's version:
- Linux update is 1.3.95
- Mac update is 1.3.95
- Windows update is 1.3.25.1

I'll try to contact the devs.
Post edited December 29, 2022 by _Auster_
Blood Bowl II.
The Cyan, the premium currency with what you can buy additional trikots for the player and so get additional cosmetics can only bought on the Steam version of the game.
About Long Live The Queen, small update:
While the game hasn't been update here on GOG yet, not long after I posted about the version number differences in the dev's official forum, the Itchio version was updated to fix the Linux issue, although all other files still stay the same. So there's a chance either the game will be updated here, or the updates are store-specific.

Edit: Also worth noting the game hadn't been updated since 2018 on Itchio, and that seems to have been the penultimate update of the game (considering all stores) up to this past week, which sounds like the game was done with updates back in 2018.
Post edited January 01, 2023 by _Auster_
Neurus_Ex: I'm sorry, but aren't we saying the same thing? Quake enhanced came to GoG (after a year and 4 months), and the issue I was getting was due the OS I'm running the game, so it should be fine for this thread's standards, as its as it is everywhere else.
Honestly the GOG page mentions Windows 7, Bethesda must make the game to work properly, like, Curl and browsers work with TLS 1.3 and are the updated versions on Windows 7 from 2023. So this is the publisher/developer's nonsense that it does not work out of the box.

For the topic, unfortunately it doesn't fit its standards. It would fit if Steam's wasn't screwed the same way.

Korotan: Blood Bowl II.
The Cyan, the premium currency with what you can buy additional trikots for the player and so get additional cosmetics can only bought on the Steam version of the game.
What's next, lootboxes, NFTs, full-blown Gachas?

Is it in any way implied a GOG product should be equal to Steam in the regard of "premium currency" stuff? I'll say this crap in itself is mistreatment, must be dead on arrival, never on GOG, never in games; Formally it does mean that GOG's version loses content right now, yes. Ideally GOG should pressure publishers/developers to either stop doing that in a product, start to provide it in a proper manner or risk to be pulled from the store (unfortunately, as the topic on DRM in games shows, GOG doesn't curate the store well). But if you really do want to get it back into the GOG version, look into using ArtMoney and foreign saves, etc, get the memory address, edit; Alternatively editing the save itself may do.

The only form it might be appropriate is as a DLC EXE file or being integrated into a save by default.
Post edited January 02, 2023 by SilentBleppassin
_Auster_: Almost every build of every version of Long Live The Queen seems to have a different update.
Humble's version:
- Linux: 1.3.24
- Mac: 1.3.24
- Win: 1.3.24

According to the developer on Steam v1.3.95 is a minor update focused on Linux and Mac. Windows version is not affected.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/251990/discussions/0/6682809959402975006/
Beat Cop - on Steam there are achievments, while GOG don't have it.
high rated
Veselar: Beat Cop - on Steam there are achievments, while GOG don't have it.
It's counterintuitive, but this thread doesn't track missing achievements. Those are tracked in List of broken GOG Achievements where Beat Cop is already listed.
high rated
So, here's a high-profile indie one.

GOG's Frostpunk has yet to receive update 1.6.2, which launched on Steam on October 11 last year.
high rated
Looks like Machinarium is missing update 4043-A that both itch.io and Humble Bundle (DRM-Free version) got. I would assume Steam too but I haven't checked.

I just emailed the developer though so will see if they respond.
What Lies in the Multiverse seems to be out o date on GOG.

Last update was on 7-22-2022 and Steam last update was on 10-20-2022
Post edited January 17, 2023 by Crimson-X