It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gorrwarrior: I don't know where to ask this. I'm new to gog and just bought a game last night. The download speed is pathetic and I mean BAD!! Not even 500 kb/s. The game is in 19 parts each 4 gigs, At not even 500 kb/s this will take me weeks to download. Is gog really that bad????
No, it's not. I usually get 16-17 MBps from GOG, which is about 90% of what my connection can provide.
low rated
Games treat Gog as second rate because Gog is second rate.
xerxes866:
GOG's stance on being DRM-free has certainly become second-rate, unfortunately.
Got my hopes up with the update flag for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Turns out that it is just a MAC update, but hopefully the missing PC updates are on their way yet. Although to see how consistent Nordic is with updates, I am not going to hold my breath on the matter. Swyter has gone radio silent on the whole thing after supposedly "looking into it".
EnforcerSunWoo: Got my hopes up with the update flag for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Turns out that it is just a MAC update, but hopefully the missing PC updates are on their way yet. Although to see how consistent Nordic is with updates, I am not going to hold my breath on the matter. Swyter has gone radio silent on the whole thing after supposedly "looking into it".
It could also be that there is no game update and the update is only related to actually making the game work on Mac. In that case no Windows update would be due.
Releasing a game update only for Mac would be rather ... unusual.
EnforcerSunWoo: Got my hopes up with the update flag for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Turns out that it is just a MAC update, but hopefully the missing PC updates are on their way yet. Although to see how consistent Nordic is with updates, I am not going to hold my breath on the matter. Swyter has gone radio silent on the whole thing after supposedly "looking into it".
neumi5694: It could also be that there is no game update and the update is only related to actually making the game work on Mac. In that case no Windows update would be due.
Releasing a game update only for Mac would be rather ... unusual.
No, the release is for MAC only to bring it up in line with the last Windows version released on GOG. All of the 2020 updates listed on steam are still very much missing yet.
low rated
Gog should be treated as second class, more like the plague. It's deal with Sliitherine ensures that Gog will have substandard, very buggy games until it goes out of business.
xerxes866: Games treat Gog as second rate because Gog is second rate.
I bet you know all about being second rate
Post edited March 27, 2022 by dluketic
low rated
For us, GOG is not only NOT 2nd rate, it is, in fact. 2nd to NONE! We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our Warsaw-based friends-in-arms. We are, after all, Polish peasants at heart, even in Bora Bora. ((;--))
Add another Warhammer game to to list beside Armageddon . I think this update will not be compatible with the Gog version .

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=108671
DD & Ji Ji: Add another Warhammer game to to list beside Armageddon . I think this update will not be compatible with the Gog version .

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=108671
Well, you would be wrong, because the version available here is also 1.9.3.

Gladius has kept up the pace quite well, so no need to worry or to spread misinformation.
JoshoB: Well, you would be wrong, because the version available here is also 1.9.3.
Glad to hear that . Unfortunately they still not updated the Gog version of Armageddon .
Capt_James: According to SteamDB and GOG DB, Steam version of Blair Witch received an update in July 2020, after the last update in December 2019 which is still the latest update available on GOG. I couldn't find any information on the update but according to developers' comments in the Steam forums earlier that month, they were working on fixing bugs (so it's probably nothing Steam-specific).
Are you sure about missing update ?

Looks like SteamDB is pointing to a local platform oriented fix.
high rated
Lucian_Galca: I was able to download the fix separately just now via requesting access to the Google Drive of the fix from its creator that's in the Steam link. I was approved quickly.
dr.schliemann: Very well, but the problem is that the Steam version is already patched, while the GOG version is not.
An update to this for King's Bounty: Darkside. I asked the author of the fix in January if he could provide a working download link and he actually did. I wasn't checking for a long time, but there is now a public link available in the Steam thread. No need to request permission to download anymore.

More info here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/kings_bounty_series/dark_side_is_missing_a_community_fix_that_is_integrated_in_the_steam_version/page1
Post edited March 30, 2022 by idbeholdME
high rated
I just got this back from THQ Nordic concerning the numerous missing updates:

"Thank you for the mail.

We will forward your request to our Production department.

Unfortunately we don't know anything about future titles/patches/DLC-s or bug fixes but any client request and feedback about our titles are taken seriously and will be debated.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Please feel free to contact us any time."

I cannot begin to contemplate why anybody gives them money anymore here. I am very hesitant on buying any of their games. I mean, who the hell knows if they will decide to randomly drop support and then that will be another addition to the list. More people need to bother them about this through social media and even their support form letter and maybe they will actually take this seriously.

EDIT:

Just sent them the list of missing updates to further clarify my point. Have no idea if this is going to help produce the missing updates or not, although it cannot hurt. Frankly, I have no faith in any of these companies doing the right thing and updating their games here. I am just sick of all the broken games and not knowing if something I am going to buy is going to be updated parity-wise or not.

I urge other users to contact them about these missing updates as well. We paid for their games, and we all want the same fixes and updates that they supplied to the other store fronts. Otherwise to it is nothing more than a ripoff and shows how little they care about their customers.

https://www.thqnordic.com/company/contact
https://twitter.com/thqnordic
Post edited March 30, 2022 by EnforcerSunWoo