It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Apr 19 - Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood

A decent hidden object game. We didn't play the first one so a few story elements were lost on us, but not too much.
Diablo 2

My amazon Hildegard finally made it all the way to the end using only sword & shield and passive skills. Having no elemental attacks and having to rely on the standard attack for everything all the time made this a rather one-sided affair, not sure what demons of procrastination made me do this but in a way this kind of build is the truest hack & slash character you can make. No bells and whistles, no BS. Just left mouse click on everything. Sounds boring and is boring but I wanted to see if this kind of amazon melee build is viable. She is a real tank, never died even once. The only time I was worried was during the final wave at the Throne of Chaos on the last floor of the Worldstone Chamber when you face a whole cluster of Minions of Destruction, had to retreat and take them on 2-3 at a time rather than the whole group.
My character had very good defense, her only weakness was a lousy attack rating meaning it takes longer to hit and kill anything with this build. Fortunately, I was able to find a halfway acceptable sword but using such a gear dependent build in singleplayer mode (untwinked) isn't the most sensible thing, would have been a lot easier and less tedious to buy a proper weapon online at the Auction House. Baal couldn't do too much damage to my amazon, or tankazon if you will, but it took forever to kill him because she missed most of her swings and the sword didn't do too much damage to begin with.
Anyway, Hildegard honored her valkyrie name and proved that even this sort of unusual and somewhat inane build can work.

Full list
Attachments:
hildegard.jpg (474 Kb)
Post edited April 20, 2015 by awalterj
Hexcells Infinite - 4/10/15. Another in the line of Hexcells puzzle games, which I dearly love. They're completely logical, no guessing necessary, and absolutely infuriating at higher levels. This one's staying installed on my computer forever, probably, due to the random puzzle generator. I'm calling it "finished" as I got all of the Steam achievements - after much, much swearing, due to the "Perfectionist" one.

Complete list
Post edited April 20, 2015 by penumbren
I love those names. :D
Finished Metal Dead. Nice point'n click with decent graphics and a story about zombies and some good humor. Too bad that many objects were a bit tiny and it resulted in pixel hunting.

Full list here.
penumbren: Hexcells Infinite - 4/10/15. Another in the line of Hexcells puzzle games, which I dearly love. They're completely logical, no guessing necessary, and absolutely infuriating at higher levels. This one's staying installed on my computer forever, probably, due to the random puzzle generator.
What is the difference between the 3 Hexcells games and which on is the best in your opinion?
awalterj: What is the difference between the 3 Hexcells games and which on is the best in your opinion?
I know you did not ask me but I've played the three, so here's my two cents:

All the games have the same MineSweeper-like mechanic in an hexagonal grid with minor improvements as the series goes on.
You don't need to follow an order as each game introduces the elements as if you did not know them before.

Hexcells is not a bad game but is on the easy side and, as a result, too short, IMO. It can be skipped.

Hexcells Plus improves a lot from the first one with other elements and very well designed puzzles which can be hard to get on a single try without mistakes. Get it on a sale or bundle.

Hexcells Infinite has a set of designed puzzles which is comparable to Hexcells Plus but it also has a puzzle "generator" with millions of puzzles. It can be seen as the more mature of the three and if you are only getting one, get this. I did not like the generated puzzles as much as the designed ones so I would rate it only slightly above the second game but that's my personal preference.

TLDR: Get Hexcells Infinite. If you really like it and want better puzzles than the infinite ones you can get Hexcells Plus.
madth3:
Thanks for the tip madth3, muy apreciada :) I'm going to wishlist Hexcells Infinite in that case.
awalterj: Thanks for the tip madth3, muy apreciada :) I'm going to wishlist Hexcells Infinite in that case.
My pleasure. It's currently in a crappy bundle and you can find -50% coupons for it in the Coupon Dumpster group on Steam.
<span class="bold">Defender's Quest</span>

A very nice tower defense with RPG elements, funny moments on its storytelling and also a plus value with a game+ replay and mods support.
Finished my second game this year. PS3 version of Star Ocean Last Hope International.

And I have updated my original post:

MMLN's Game Emporium
Post edited April 20, 2015 by MMLN
awalterj: What is the difference between the 3 Hexcells games and which on is the best in your opinion?
madth3: Hexcells Infinite has a set of designed puzzles which is comparable to Hexcells Plus but it also has a puzzle "generator" with millions of puzzles. It can be seen as the more mature of the three and if you are only getting one, get this. I did not like the generated puzzles as much as the designed ones so I would rate it only slightly above the second game but that's my personal preference.

TLDR: Get Hexcells Infinite. If you really like it and want better puzzles than the infinite ones you can get Hexcells Plus.
I have to echo this opinion. The HI puzzle generator is nice, but after playing through the designed puzzles in the three games, there is a noticeable difference in difficulty/quality. The generated puzzles are still very good; it's just a difference between anything generated versus hand-crafted. The three games seem to go on sale together fairly regularly on Steam. I think I picked up all three for about $2 or $3 last fall sometime.
GLOV 3.1

Another short puzzle game by our talented member flummoxed who already brought us Mye.

In GLOV 3.1, you can move around a character and shoot into boxes, shooting once destroys the box and reveals a blue circle underneath onto which you can shove other boxes, or you can shoot at the blue circle to destroy it. The basic concept gets expanded and varied as you progress but the gameplay stays super simple throughout. If you make a mistake, you can undo moves by pressing 'Z' or restart a level by pressing 'R' and the levels are all very short. This game was made in only one day so it's only a few levels, takes about 15-20 minutes at most to finish the game at leisurely speed. It's a very relaxing and well designed game. A straight forward puzzle experience, try it out it is entirely for free and playable from your browser:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/656389

Don't forget to say thank you to flummoxed over <span class="bold">here</span>.

Full list
Attachments:
glov-3-1.jpg (12 Kb)
Post edited April 21, 2015 by awalterj
Borderlands 2

Played through the main story Co-Op with my older brother. He likes FPS's and liked the RPG elements to the game. Pretty much all he ever plays is FPS's Co-Op with me. We have beat a hand full of these type of games. Got to say I enjoy the time spent gaming with him Gonna have to figure out a new one for him to play next.
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (hard)

I already mentioned in my previous reviews that I didn't like Half Life 2, but enjoyed Half-Life 2: Episode One. Episode Two, however, I think is a great game. This one, unlike the previous Half Life 2 games, is extremely fun to play with full of breathtaking moments. It is also the only one I totally enjoyed shooting -especially at the striders in the final chapter-. The story also seems to be more focused. At the end, I would not consider myself as an Half Life fan but it was a blast to play this final entry to the series.

damien score: 9/10

List of all games finished in the last years with best and worst games played in each year