It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: Dark Chains of Satinav
As an example the art style was generally quite strong, but all the detail of the environments plus the scale of the screens often made finding necessary objects come down to pixel hunting. It didn't help that I played this game on a laptop with a significant crack in the screen, but even when my screen wasn't at fault, a number of needed items were easy to miss.
omega64: Wasn't there anything to show all interaction points like for example holding space?
If there was I never found it. Tried space/control/shift/alt in various combos on several maps. Never read the instructions, however, so perhaps it was there.

Was actual fond of how Puzzle Agent handled that issue. There was no key to light up an entire environment, but clicking on a non-active spot with the mouse would highlight active objects/intersections/conversations in a radius around the click [edit - the benefit of this is you could control "how much" help you got on any particular space].
Post edited December 26, 2015 by bler144
I've just beaten Scrapland 1st time since my first playthrough in 2005. Wow, it's boring as much as it's beautiful :(
Post edited December 27, 2015 by Rottencorpsex
Gorky 17 (GOG)

Turn based tactical games are my absolute favorite genre, so I've meant to try out this oddball game for some time. After reading some of the GOG sub-forum i was ready for problems running this and, sure enough, my first try crashed after the intro movie. I unchecked GOG's compatibility mode settings and tried again simply running natively in Vista 32. It then worked perfectly all the way to end of the game, cut-scenes worked, audio was spot on and graphics were just fine. Also i ran it using hardware acceleration mode, so don't listen to the people that say it only works in software mode.

The game has some strange design choices...like weapons that each have their own individual fire patterns, like pistols only can fire in 4 directions, rifles in 8 directions etc. Whilst this seems really weird, i just accepted it as a game mechanic and got on with it. I truly enjoyed the game once i got used to the quirks. It's not in the same league as the Jagged Alliance games, or Soldiers at War, but still good fun.

The hand drawn maps are nice for their time, but the view is way to close for my liking.
Music is okay, but the voice acting is some of the funniest (in a B-movie sort of way) that I've ever heard in a game and the characters are annoying in the same way.

But i really liked the game despite it's roughness and oddities. Anyone that likes turn based tactical games should give it a try, hopefully others can run it as easily as i did.
Post edited December 27, 2015 by CMOT70
bler144: If there was I never found it. Tried space/control/shift/alt in various combos on several maps. Never read the instructions, however, so perhaps it was there.
Press the middle mouse button/mousewheel, use the magnifying glass icon on the menu bar, and the spacebar. Perhaps that option was not turned on in your game?
Darksiders
Why doens't this series gets more praise than it deserves? Looking at the screenshots you might think it's a God of War bootleg but it's more of a Zelda clone.
Seriously,get the whole series and urge Virgil and Nordic Games to make a third game because this series deserves a lot more recognition.
Tight controls,great and epic storyline,wonderful VA,amazing OST,combat system that feels satisfying,level design that makes use of all of your abilities as well as the boss fights.
To the moon

Fantastic game novel,everyone should play it!
awesome great music~! (very important)
characters have souls,not CG pictures,they have soulful countenance on their face
and the story.......oh i couldn't speak to much,you need play it by yourself.
l0rdtr3k: Darksiders
Why doens't this series gets more praise than it deserves? Looking at the screenshots you might think it's a God of War bootleg but it's more of a Zelda clone.
Seriously,get the whole series and urge Virgil and Nordic Games to make a third game because this series deserves a lot more recognition.
Tight controls,great and epic storyline,wonderful VA,amazing OST,combat system that feels satisfying,level design that makes use of all of your abilities as well as the boss fights.
That's really good info. Thanks!
bler144: If there was I never found it. Tried space/control/shift/alt in various combos on several maps. Never read the instructions, however, so perhaps it was there.
GR00T: Press the middle mouse button/mousewheel, use the magnifying glass icon on the menu bar, and the spacebar. Perhaps that option was not turned on in your game?
Possibly not. I started playing almost a month ago so I don't remember what difficulty setting I chose. Played the first half over a few days, took a few weeks off, and finished over another few days.

Never saw a magnifying glass option, but in any case, difficulty of finding objects wasn't really my primary complaint in any case, and again, some of it was playing on a cracked screen. The scene where you first meet the knight, the Raven is important for one of the puzzle steps, and I couldn't see him at all just b/c of where he was positioned behind a giant black blob on my screen. :)

Did have some realization on why they probably didn't do more with Nuri's story - if they had it almost certainly would've created logical tension with the main story. Based on a few hints in conversations she's the daughter of

[spoiler]the fairy queen and fled after the bird man's influence turned her kingdom dark, yet she...trusts the bird man implicitly in Geron's realm?[/spoiler]

That makes no sense. Better to leave her own story as vague as possible, perhaps.
Post edited December 27, 2015 by bler144
Finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Graphics were fantastic but gameplay is really lacking. And the story ended up quite disappointing.

This is probably my last finished game of 2015. Full list here.
Just beat Panzer Dragoon Zwei for the first time, might play through it again soon. I really liked it though I did have a difficult time understanding the plot with my limited understanding of Japanese and even more so with German.
Finished Syberia 2 (on Android). It's a good looking adventure game that tells a story. At times I wanted it to be a little shorter, but that was mainly when I couldn't solve a puzzle and the walkthrough wasn't clear enough (that didn't happen too often).
At last I finished Gothic 2 for 60 hours.Great RPG indeed! I love the atmosphere and world in the game.
Probably this is the last game I finished in 2015.

My Link
Burnout Paradise (still need to find all the jumps and stuff)
Asphalt Nitro (Android)
The Ultimate DOOM

Does this game really need any explanation? It’s condensed awesome, and still stands up proudly today. The shooting mechanics are very satisfying and the game is pure fun, at least for the original first three levels. The newer 4th level (“Thy Flesh Consumed”) I did not enjoy (and actually quit) due to the cheap nature of the challenges (primarily teleporting enemies, which was only used sparingly and logically in the original levels).
Front Mission Evolved

Oh boy, where do i start with this mess... Can't say that i'm a big fanboy of the series since i've only played the third one, it was an amazing title that combined good gameplay (srpg), mechs (who doesn't love them) and a good story (not memorable but good).
Now, i was fully aware of how bad this game was rated but part of me thought it was due to the gameplay change and the other part only wanted to play a Mech game because there aren't many of those and the last one that i've played was Chromehounds (i miss you buddy).

So, what did i get in the end?

- The Story is awful, holy shit, the best way to describe is that this looks like something out of a (cheezy) morning cartoon, dumb clichés, dumb romance, dumb vilans and so on... Half of the time i was laughing at the terrible dialogues and the other i was rolling my eyes with what i was seeing...
- I would punch so hard on the balls (or vagina) of the person that thought it was a good idea to make sections where you control the main character on foot. WHAT THE HELL! IT'S A FCKING MECH GAME! It's so terrible, there's only 3 types of enemies, shotgun guy, machine gun guy and rocket guy. You guys want to guess how many weapons there is in this game? THREE! And oh, don't even think about grabbing the shotgun, considering how terrible the shooting is you're better off with a ranged accurate weapon.
- The customization is mediocre, you have to grind (had to repeat one on rails section to grab enough cash to beat one of the bosses) and even so you don't feel strong, you have the best equipment and yet it feels the same... Oh, and the paiting thing? AAAAAHHHH! Garbage, it looks like when you're trying to pick a colour from paint and you have to do it 3 or 4 times (honestly i don't even remember) for each part of the Mech... Why complicate? Sigh...
- THe boss battles were challenging but some were unbalanced, there was one where i had to fight 2 Mechs and 1 of them was using a gattling gun... i was dead in 3 seconds, the battle barely started and i was dead and it was like that during the 4 or 5 loadings until i remade my Mech (with a shield so that i had enough time to dash away).

Why did i completed the game? Well, to be honest the Mech gameplay is actually fun (before the ending where the enemies are bullet sponges), even the on rail section was fun and it's a shame because i really wanted to like this game, like i said, there isn't many games of this genre and it's always fun (maybe because i grew up watching Transformers, Power Rangers, Voltron, Saber Rider, etc) to control Mech and wreck havok. Oh well, maybe LOst Planet 3 will be better, even if it's against monsters...
Post edited December 29, 2015 by Cyraxpt