It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beat Space Quest for the first time since I was a kid. I still really like it and I've never held with the negativity toward Sierra's adventures, but I will admit it's a pretty devious and obtuse game in some respects. Quite funny, though.

Too bad, however, that GOG's version of it has crippled, PC-speaker-only sound. I'm pretty sure I played it originally on a PCjr. and got rather better sound and music. I looked around to see if there was a way to fix this but couldn't find anything right away that worked and decided to just push through the game.
Include me. Tiny list of games completed will follow. I think I managed to finish 5 in 2014.

Jan 18: Secret Agent
Post edited January 19, 2015 by CrowTRobo
Commander Keen 1! End score 131100

Yeah.

Awesome game. Next up is Commander Keen 2!
Include me, please.

My List:
Hexcells Plus - 1/10/15
Hatoful Boyfriend - 1/13/15
Puzzle Agent - 1/17/15
Puzzle Agent 2 - 1/18/15
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within - 1/21/15
Pixel Puzzles: Japan - 3/23/15
Hexcells Infinite - 4/10/15
Grim Legends - The Forsaken Bride - 6/1/15
Grim Legends 2 - Song of the Dark Swan - 6/2/15
Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart - 6/10/15
Tengami - 6/28/15
The Journey Down, Chapter 2 - 7/15/15
The Yawhg - 7/17/15
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek - 7/30/15
Time Mysteries: Inheritance - Remastered - 8/6/15
Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres - 8/9/15
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome - 8/12/15
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink - 8/26/15
Nightmares From the Deep 2: The Siren's Call - 8/27/15
Nightmares From the Deep 3: Davy Jones - 8/28/15
Crystals of Time - 8/30/15
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood - 9/3/15
Guild of Dungeoneering - 9/23/15

---------

Hexcells Plus - A very fun, if at times frustrating, logic puzzle game.

Hatoful Boyfriend - I don't even know how to describe this game. It's a dating sim visual novel, but at the same time, it's most definitely not. Unlocking the full ending gives you over twice as much playtime going through it as there is in the dating sim part combined, and it's more than a few hours of absolute mindf***ery. Also, giggles and some tears, if you're the emotional type (like me). It can be a little plodding to get through all of the endings to unlock the real one, but being able to fast-forward things helps a lot. The worldbuilding for this game is absolutely fascinating, if only because it's so cracky but so logical at the same time.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by penumbren
Warhammer 40K: Soulstorm (Chaos run.)

Chaos is one of the strongest factions in the game as well as a personal favorite, but that isn't enough to keep the monotony from setting in hard and staying there. Same troops, same fights, same boring slog.

The only interesting parts are when you notice just how little of a crap Iron Lore, THQ or both gave about concealing that this game is ultimately just an intensely lazy cash-in rehash of Dark Crusade, the previous title in the series.

As you meet certain conditions during the campaign, your leader, general, whatever you wish to call them, begins to gain access to special items called wargear. Depending on the character, you can get better armor, better melee, the ability to see hidden enemies and so on.
The last upgrade for Chaos is called Daemon Prince. When you get it, your commander is transformed into a gigantic sword wielding demon. Very cool, very useful.
There was a slight problem when I received that final upgrade, though....

The caption states "Eliphas the Inheritor permantly ascends to become a blah-blah whatever." (Yes, I'm paraphrasing the last bit.)

The problem? Eliphas is the Chaos commander from Dark Crusade.
They either didn't think to, or simply didn't care enough to change a tiny bit of text.
Also, I'm going to sincerely hope that the text was copied in whole from the last game, rather than someone misspelling the word "permanently" and leaving it there. I'd rather think they were lazy, not complete idiots.

I'm willing to bet I'm not alone in thinking that it's a major shot to the professionalism and polish of a product when people can't even be asked to make sure things are spelled correctly.

Beyond that, the weapon the Chaos Commander is carrying in the final cutscene is the one Eliphas uses, not the weapon you actually have to play in order to get for him.
Another sign that they took all the assets they could from Dark Crusade and did a rushed copy/paste whenever possible.
Post edited January 13, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Divinity: Original Sin - First entry on my 2015 list. Not going to go into a long review (there are plenty of them all over the net), but WOW, what a great game. More than worth what I backed it for on Kickstarter. Highly recommended and having finished this one after playing the hell out of Wasteland 2 as well, I'm really starting to lean towards the turn-based side of things (I was pretty hardcore RTwP). Anyway, if you're thinking about this game, go for it. Very, very good.
djranis: Arkham orgins - There is a reason rocksteady tried a different approach then tackle the a origin story for batman, the plot in the game is so so, joker characters gets really well flushed out, but everything else falls flat. The detective mechanics was well done, but need better plot implementation. Level design and some game design is crap, specially some of the boss fight is garbage, there is just too much bane in this game, it feels like bane was the main character and the main villain and main everything, considering how many times you fight him, on how many stages of boss battle he goes through. The scarecrow wanna be level of mad hatter is the worst side scrolling gone wrong level design i have ever seen, stupid stupid devs. Fans may want to try it, it has a lot of bugs, but since its just bad copy paste of arkham city, its still a fun but frustrating game at end.
Antimateria: I haven't finished that even I won that game from kneethecap.. I liked batman games but it was so much the same that it is tough. That is why I don't are in a hurry in arkham knight.. same combat again.. I rather play awesome evil within and res 1 remake and revelations 2. Also I loved Risen 1.. and played Risen 2.. I have trouble starting Risen 3 again. Is it a bad game.. Yeah it is. =P
Yea i think arkham city was a good conclusion, dont know what more they can do in arkham knight. Awesome evil within, man you probably the first one to say that, i really wanted to try that game, but its system requirement is way to much. Yea man revelation 2, i want to see claire again
13.01.2015 - The Plan
Well, that was pretentious and artsy... When it made me play as a fly I started looking for a poo to sit on... :) But no, all you need to do is to fly up (while avoiding falling leafs and escape from a spider web).
The ending screen was a cool idea.
And it's free.
---The Blackwell Bundle between the end of December and the start of January (now just waiting to pick up The Blackwell Epiphany).

---Driftmoon on January 11, should have played it much sooner.

---I'm down to the last boss fight for the main part of Trine 2, but my poor fingers/reflexes aren't in great shape for it so it may be a while before I try again.
4PM. 4PM is an artsy first person walking simulator that can be finished in fifteen to twenty minutes (or sooner, as you can skip levels on the main menu). I really can't think of anything positive to say about it. I had to skip (what I presume was) the last part of the third level due to being unable to finish it due to the game's atrocious blindingly bright fuzz filter, which prevented me from seeing where I was supposed to sneak to.

The story is barely there and what story is there isn't very good, and there is no environmental storytelling either. There's a few songs in the game, none are memorable.

In short: It's a really short walking simulator with a poor story and awful graphics (due to the blindingly bright fuzz filter) and no real gameplay to speak of save for an annoying stealth section and a "get to this location in this amount of time" section. I do not recommend this game, it's about as bad (maybe worse actually) as the amateur made in Unity Slenderman clone alpha demo I played last year. A definite contender for "worst game I've played".
NoNewTaleToTell: 4PM. 4PM is an artsy first person walking simulator that can be finished in fifteen to twenty minutes (or sooner, as you can skip levels on the main menu). I really can't think of anything positive to say about it. I had to skip (what I presume was) the last part of the third level due to being unable to finish it due to the game's atrocious blindingly bright fuzz filter, which prevented me from seeing where I was supposed to sneak to.

The story is barely there and what story is there isn't very good, and there is no environmental storytelling either. There's a few songs in the game, none are memorable.

In short: It's a really short walking simulator with a poor story and awful graphics (due to the blindingly bright fuzz filter) and no real gameplay to speak of save for an annoying stealth section and a "get to this location in this amount of time" section. I do not recommend this game, it's about as bad (maybe worse actually) as the amateur made in Unity Slenderman clone alpha demo I played last year. A definite contender for "worst game I've played".
I couldn't even launch it :) Went to game's forum and found out that the game is designed for 64 bit systems and that's the standard since 2010 so I'm deprived of this masterpiece if I don't buy a new system (Linux is not good enough for this one it seems).
Alien: Isolation

Totally overrated walking simulator.
include me

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Nihilumbra
Ys Origin
Bionic Dues
Ori and the blind Forrest
The Enchanted Cave 2
Pixel Piracy
Ronin
Uplink
No Time to Explain
tis-100
Dex
Defender's Quest
Final Fantasy 13-3 Lightning Returns
HyperDimentional Neptunia ep1 Rebirth
Rebel Galaxy
Recettear
The Blackwell Epiphany
Cognition (ep 1-4)
Pixeljunk Shooters
Undertale (Neutral Ending)
Hacknet
Post edited March 05, 2016 by rtcvb32
Just finished Valiant Hearts: The Great War / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre

Man, what a game, what a game... Hard to say anything as it is very emotional. Maybe one thing: that's the very first game in all my gaming year that I can truly call an "educational game". Because it's both at the same time, and perfectly: the educational part never slows down the game part, while still bringing lots of interetsing (if tragic) infos and the 1st World War, and the game part is never stupidly bended to drive you to an educational part.

Great job, Ubisoft. Keep on releasing games like that or Child of Light, and I will never mind to have to launch Uplay in addition to Steam to play your games!

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post2
Shovel Knight

A very good retro platformer that I really enjoyed even though I wasn't a part of target audience (I've never owned NES or any other console). A game has a wacky weapon, wacky story and fast-paced action platforming. There are two things that I have to mention: TONS of secrets and very good level design. Each level is slightly different, some areas are more focused on fighting, others on platforming or even simple puzzles and bosses can be considered as a good summary of a given level. Those two features made the game interesting to play until the very end. It took me ~7 hours to beat the game but apparently I discovered only ~60% of all items so I'll play it again sooner or later (most probably later but I'll definitely come back to that).

Full list

PS I see I've finished several games already but most of them are rather short. I wish I had more time to play games (like 2-3 hours without interruptions) so that I could play some longer games.
Post edited January 16, 2015 by Ghorpm