It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GastonArg: Finish xenoblade chronicles 100hours+, what an atrocious story -.- very disappointing :(
I hope the gameplay was solid - otherwise, that's a whole lot of time wasted..
GastonArg: Finish xenoblade chronicles 100hours+, what an atrocious story -.- very disappointing :(
pigdog: I hope the gameplay was solid - otherwise, that's a whole lot of time wasted..
It was fun to play it, the gameplay was good but it was a lot of time wasted the last 15-20 hours (like the final or half an hour in a normal game) were a chore
Dust: An Elysian Tail

This game is just not for me. I don't really enjoy being a powerful hero mopping the proverbial floor with countless waves of mobs. I grew tired of it very fast and therefore I focused on the main quest only. No side quest, no exploration because that would be way too much for me.

Full list
Finished The 39 Steps. I was expecting a game but it is in fact an interactive visual adaptation of a book. It was alright.

Full list here.
Ghorpm: Dust: An Elysian Tail

This game is just not for me. I don't really enjoy being a powerful hero mopping the proverbial floor with countless waves of mobs. I grew tired of it very fast and therefore I focused on the main quest only. No side quest, no exploration because that would be way too much for me.

Full list
Well, I do enjoy that. Combat is hard enough as is in real life :P

Hopefully I'll be able to finish The Witcher this year....(well, at least in the first part of the year. So many other RPGs coming out....)
The Swapper- a puzzle game with amazing graphics and art style and a very strong atmosphere and score.i found the gameplay to be quite challenging at times but maybe that's just because I almost never play puzzle games.
Under a Killing Moon (25th Jan 1:10am)

Sexy sax and cheesy acting. I recommend this game just because it is a great FMV game. Like most point and click games it can get a bit confusing but thinking about it normally helps (unless you are looking for a keycard under a desk.

Only bad thing about the game are the controls (they suck). Should I play the first 2 (already bought) or go on to the 4th game (haven't bought it yet)
Post edited January 24, 2014 by mrking58
Beaten 5. Worth an update.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post105

Arkham Asylum: I'd beaten this one before. Loved it then, still love it. One of my favorite games this gen.
Completion notes: Finished on normal, with all riddles found, all upgrades earned, and the secret room checked out. Did a couple of challenges here and there, but not a huge focus. 39/47 achievements earned.

Dementium II HD: Not really that great, which is kind of a shame as I was all up for another melee-focused first-person title. As it is it was enough to hold my interest and that's it. As a DS game though, this was probably awesome.
Completion notes: Completed on normal, all achievements earned.

Ballpoint Universe: Beautiful aesthetic! Real shoddy platform controls, though, and maybe upgrading your ship for the shooter bits is a bit TOO grindy. Sheer beauty, though.
Completion notes: Finished with all achievements, got to about Wave 75 in the Infinite mode. Didn't find all the sketches around the campaign areas, but I'm not sure you can even revisit bits in them.

Rocket Knight Adventures: I never got through this as a kid, finally knocked it out the other night. Still one of my favorite platformers. I'll have to tend to both Sparksters at some point, now...
Completion notes: Finished on Easy, because I forgot that was the default. Watched the real ending on YouTube afterward and called it good, since as far as I know the only real difference is initial life count and an extended final boss.

Castle of Illusion: Yeah, I really dug this one. If you're going to redo an old game, this is pretty much precisely how you do it. I did one one or two weird spots with collision detection, usually related to the camera swapping planes, but it didn't mar the experience too much, it wasn't common enough.
Completion notes: 10/12 achievements earned. Basically did everything except get a couple of gems.
Oh, I didn't mention, I beat the final boss of Spelunky! :o
Finished Remember me

A really, really excellent game. That is, if the story is more important than the freedom of action. For me, it is, so it was a really good trip, not too short, not too long. And the music is also great !

So far in 2014:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132

Full list
07.01.2014 Volgarr the Viking

Really O_O?dark souls compared to that game is like a walk in the park!, it took me a lot to get to the four level and I still cant beat it :P

Full list
GastonArg: 07.01.2014 Volgarr the Viking

Really O_O?dark souls compared to that game is like a walk in the park!, it took me a lot to get to the four level and I still cant beat it :P
That was my initial reaction when I first played Volgarr :D

Full list
Reever: Well, I do enjoy that. Combat is hard enough as is in real life :P

Hopefully I'll be able to finish The Witcher this year....(well, at least in the first part of the year. So many other RPGs coming out....)
Wait, wait... in real life? You do what's Dust is doing but in real life? Phew, I got a job proposal from Germany last week and I'm so glad I turned it down! :D

A bit more serious: I'm well aware that a lot of people might enjoy this game. That's why I wrote "This game is just not for me". Perhaps I should have played on higher difficulty. I played on normal and I didn't die even once. "Hit them before they can hit you" proved to be the best technique ;)

So... have you heard about Path of the Valkyrie yet? :D

I would say that memory is your best weapon here. There are are a few places where enemies will attack you endlessly so it's pretty much random. But those places are not really difficult. Everything else is scripted and it's the same every time you play it. Watch and learn!

As I admitted here I kinda cheated - I watched some youtube videos before encountering bosses to get an idea of their attack pattern. And I am not ashamed of it ;)
Post edited January 25, 2014 by Ghorpm
Reever: Well, I do enjoy that. Combat is hard enough as is in real life :P

Ghorpm: Wait, wait... in real life? You do what's Dust is doing but in real life? Phew, I got a job proposal from Germany last week and I'm so glad I turned it down! :D

A bit more serious: I'm well aware that a lot of people might enjoy this game. That's why I wrote "This game is just not for me". Perhaps I should have played on higher difficulty. I played on normal and I didn't die even once. "Hit them before they can hit you" proved to be the best technique ;)

Ghorpm: So... have you heard about Path of the Valkyrie yet? :D

I would say that memory is your best weapon here. There are are a few places where enemies will attack you endlessly so it's pretty much random. But those places are not really difficult. Everything else is scripted and it's the same every time you play it. Watch and learn!

As I admitted here I kinda cheated - I watched some youtube videos before encountering bosses to get an idea of their attack pattern. And I am not ashamed of it ;)
Well dont be ashamed I did the same thing to beat all the bosses :P
Finished

1)Freedom Force
2)Freedom Force vs the third reich (The game needs a sequel)

The sequel had just the right amount of challenge and fun while keeping the spirit of the original. Both are fantastic and rather unique squad based superhero rpgs. It was a blast to play.
Post edited January 25, 2014 by Lionel212008