It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Defender's Quest. Completely burned! Bloody little thing kept me going like i was a hamster on caffeine. Not recommended if you have exams, projects and such...It will eat you alive.
Post edited January 19, 2014 by wolfsrain
F.E.A.R.

I liked this game, it's a quite decent first person shooter. It actually reminded me a lot of another Monolith game, Condemned: Criminal Origins, which is one of my all-time favorite games. Now, this game wasn't particularly scary (plus a spooky little girl at the center of it all is such a cliché), and the locations were pretty dull and repetitive (mostly office buildings), but the combat was quite enjoyable, especially thanks to the 10mm HV Penetrator, which was so much fun! I love pinning enemies to walls and ceilings, like with the Painkiller Stakegun weapon. Every FPS should have a gun like that. The atmosphere was there, so therefor I'd easily recommend the game to FPS fans.

My 2014 list
I just finished Master of Magic after getting my butt kicked for the last 2 weekends by the game. I didn't even have time to research much less cast the Spell of Mastery as I banished my 3 opponents a bit too quickly :D
wolfenstein 3d (20th Jan 1:53pm) with ECWolf.

Great FPS action but I wished that those green guys from episode 2 were in later episodes. Those guys were killers. Also I liked the sound in this game, I think there is bombs or something in the background
The Whispered World

Sadly, one of the weakest p&c games I've ever played. The plot is not interesting, voice acting dull or irritating, puzzles... well, it's either 'borrowed' logic puzzles (cogs, pipes, 8 queen on chessboard etc.) or completely random and idiotic mixing of inventory items and trying them on everything. The graphics... well, that part is gorgeous but that's about the only good thing about the game.

And I think it's worth to mention that I had to take a looong break from this game (more then half a year!). And that's my standard reaction ;) I do it every single time I encounter yet another "get a key from the other side of a door" puzzle. Geez! Just how many time will have to do it again?! Devs! Can't you just stop exploiting this biggest cliché ever?! Grow up already, will ya?

Full list
Post edited January 20, 2014 by Ghorpm
Ghorpm: And that's my standard reaction ;) I do it every single time I encounter yet another "get a key from the other side of a door" puzzle. Geez! Just how many time will have to do it again?! Devs! Can't you just stop exploiting this biggest cliché ever?! Grow up already, will ya?
Scratches play a nice joke on this :)
Ghorpm: And that's my standard reaction ;) I do it every single time I encounter yet another "get a key from the other side of a door" puzzle. Geez! Just how many time will have to do it again?! Devs! Can't you just stop exploiting this biggest cliché ever?! Grow up already, will ya?
Novotnus: Scratches play a nice joke on this :)
My friend who knows that this cliché is a pet peeve of mine showed me that part but frankly, I didn't find it funny at all. Maybe it's because I haven't played the game, I've only seen this part but I failed to see a mockery there. To me it was still presented as a viable technique the only problem was that the main character was too clumsy to do it properly.
Well, I just completed System Shock 2 for the first time in my life and I gotta say, it was a pretty unique experience in terms of amtosphere and environment (and all he other things of course)
The only complaint is that it got a bit dull towards the end. It didn't have the same feeling as in the beginning and some things felt like they were forced into the game.
Nonetheless, it is still one of my favourite games of all time and I will complete it again with a different class perhaps.
Highly recommended for everyone, truly magnificent!
Now all I can hope for is for the first one to come to GoG :-) !!!!!!
Ghorpm: My friend who knows that this cliché is a pet peeve of mine showed me that part but frankly, I didn't find it funny at all. Maybe it's because I haven't played the game, I've only seen this part but I failed to see a mockery there. To me it was still presented as a viable technique the only problem was that the main character was too clumsy to do it properly.
Later he says it was a stupid idea to begin with. Sure, not very creative, but still - at least some kind of twist on that puzzle.
Played the Bravely Default demo last night. Almost long enough to count it as a game on its own. It reminded me a lot of old-school Final Fantasy, with the Job system and everything. I really enjoyed it, will definitely pick up the full game when it releases over here.

My only complaint is that the construction projects (there's a town restoration mini-game) take FAR too long. Longest one I've seen so far is 10 hours real time, and it doesn't count down when the game isn't open.
I finished the 5th episode of the Doctor Who Adventure Games (The Gunpowder Plot). I've never understood the fascination with Guy Fawkes. Of all the things to turn into a big national celebration...? Nevertheless it was fun to be there, virtually speaking.

This episode was much longer than the earlier ones, and it felt the most like a proper adventure game, complete with people asking me to go find them random objects before they'll help me do what I want. The plot dragged a little by the end, but it was nice to have three different characters to play as. I'm pleased Rory was along for this one, though his game model is not quite right. There were a number of times when I thought individuals in the story were acting somewhat out of character. But for a "free" game it's not half bad. (Free only to UK residents. Purchasable by everyone else.)

My list
Syder Arcade

Just got around to finishing it on the second easiest difficulty out of four, and I found it pretty hard. Nice Defender-style shooter, but nothing too special IMO.
Nobake: My only complaint is that the construction projects (there's a town restoration mini-game) take FAR too long. Longest one I've seen so far is 10 hours real time, and it doesn't count down when the game isn't open.
You can have your 3DS in sleep mode (while the game is running) and the construction of whatever you're building will continue (that's how I got everything maxed out in the demo, every shop has max level of 3). There's also that one NPC that will give you one villager to speed things up a little (he's somewhere between the spell shop and equipment shop during the day).
Nobake: My only complaint is that the construction projects (there's a town restoration mini-game) take FAR too long. Longest one I've seen so far is 10 hours real time, and it doesn't count down when the game isn't open.
RayRay13000: You can have your 3DS in sleep mode (while the game is running) and the construction of whatever you're building will continue (that's how I got everything maxed out in the demo, every shop has max level of 3). There's also that one NPC that will give you one villager to speed things up a little (he's somewhere between the spell shop and equipment shop during the day).
Yeah, I figured that out. Got it running for another 5 hours or so and its done. Keeping me from playing Zelda tho :(
Messiah

Its by no means a polished game, held together with twine and happy wishes to be precise and it would be the perfect antidote for those annoyed by modern games need to hold your hand through hour long tutorials but once I got over the 'hit you in the face with a rusty iron' difficult curve, gotten used to the unusually and actually fairly unique mechanics and settled in I got some real enjoyment out of this one

Cruel, sadistic and immature humour throughout though!

Full list
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post64
Post edited January 21, 2014 by Fever_Discordia