It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vicklemos: Weird, 'cause the GOG version worked flawlessly with my x360 controllers / logitech f710 on ubuntu 14.04. Like, out of the box...
Klumpen0815: Oh, then it's another one for this list.
Yup. Both wireless and damn reliable. The logitech f710 specially.
They worked 100% all the time :)

ps: I'm kinda curious here, since your Saitek controller seems "kinda unconfortable". Is it?
vicklemos: ps: I'm kinda curious here, since your Saitek controller seems "kinda unconfortable". Is it?
Nope, best one ever made for me.
Rubber grip, excellent d-pad-disc, 6 front buttons (perfect for Street Fighter etc...), 4 good shoulder buttons, right size.
I love those babys and it's a real shame they aren't made anymore.
Post edited October 01, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Shadowgrounds Survivor

Compared to its predecessor, Shadowgrounds Survivor is less talky and more heavy on the action (plus shooting enemies is more satisfying now), which is a plus in my book. It also has a better variety in the environments, with colour used a bit more liberally now and I also approve of the shorter stages, which means that you no longer have to play 30 minutes in one sitting. I liked it more

Having said that, I'm not a big fan of the decision to both split the weapons among the three characters and not allowing you to select the character you want for each stage. I also found the RPG mechanics rather underwhelming and I would have preferred if they didn't force you to both collect upgrade parts and wait til your weapons' abilities are unlocked, before you can use those upgrade parts. Sure, character abilities are new and can be useful, but I do think they could have done a bit more with the mechanics.

A big disappointment was the complete lack of new enemies and weapons. Come on guys, you used the same engine and couldn't even add a new enemy or weapon in 2 years? Really? In addition, the game is piss easy on normal. Should have suspected that something was up when I was presented with 5 difficulties. Oh well. Overall, I did enjoy the game more than the original Shadowgrounds, but it wasn't without steps backwards.

And now, my list.
Post edited October 04, 2014 by Grargar
2.10.2014 Sanitarium

This have been on over 2 years of playing on and off and today got that finished. I liked it very much, so creepy, disturbing and a bit goofy sometimes. They really captured that insanes. Some charaters were funny, Prearcher Bob especially :) Too bad that the game crashes so easy, have to quicksave so often to make progress. Frustrating especially in that Maze level.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by Demo39
Fallout: Resurrection (with rough google translation from Czech to English).
What can I say? If someone gave this game to me back in the late 90s and told me it's official Fallout sequel, I wouldn't doubt it for a second. Good plot with a twist, choices and consequences, cutscenes, ending slides - it's all there.
If you speak Czech or can bare with google-translated text, by all means give it a shot. If not, wait for proper translation from the devs, it's in the works.
One thing for sure, if you like Fallout, it's more legit than some official entries in the series.
Novotnus: Fallout: Resurrection (with rough google translation from Czech to English).
What can I say? If someone gave this game to me back in the late 90s and told me it's official Fallout sequel, I wouldn't doubt it for a second. Good plot with a twist, choices and consequences, cutscenes, ending slides - it's all there.
If you speak Czech or can bare with google-translated text, by all means give it a shot. If not, wait for proper translation from the devs, it's in the works.
One thing for sure, if you like Fallout, it's more legit than some official entries in the series.
Do want!
http://resurrection.cz/en/

Does it work with the HD patch for Fallout 2?
Post edited October 02, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: Does it work with the HD patch for Fallout 2?
FAQ says it's already incuded :)

And will I only need Fallout 2?
Yes, all you need is a clean installation of Fallout 2. Resurrection already contains Fallout 2 patch 1.02, as well as High Resolution patch to change resolution and engine tweak Sfall which introduces neat functional changes to Fallout 2.
Klumpen0815: Does it work with the HD patch for Fallout 2?
Novotnus: FAQ says it's already incuded :)
Yay! I'll wait for the proper translation and then play a 2D Fallout that I don't already know. :)
Good times ahead.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Finished my third playthrough of Bioshock Infinite. Just... I don't even know. It moves me, and it's one of the few games to do so. It doesn't matter that I know the story, that I know the twist; it is such a phenomenal example of storytelling that I can't help but be amazed every time I play it. The last couple of hours alone are worth it. I'll be playing the Burial at Sea DLCs soon.
Splatter - Blood Red Edition

Honestly, I had no expectations from this game. In fact, I can't completely remember how I got a hold of it (probably mabrookes). From the cover, I expected some kind of adventure game. But when I read "Arcade" in the game's description, I knew I should give it a shot and so I gave it; I didn't regret it. :)

Splatter is yet another enjoyable top-down shooter. Visually, it looks kinda cheap and could really do with some better visuals (especially the not that impressive character/monster sprites), but when you'll be shooting down hundreds of monsters and watching the place become a sea of blood, you just won't care (at least I didn't). It has a variety of weapons which can be upgraded to pack more punch, from the humble pistol to the trusty shotgun, to the absolutely must-be-featured-crowd-control-weapon, the flamethrower™. You also have access to light flares, which are ridiculously broken, since they both scare zombies away, are plentiful in numbers and allow you to escape a wee bit too easily out of tight spots.

Like other isometric/top-down shooters, your aim is to reach a specific destination, while being hampered by many zombies and other monsters, which you must obviously kill, lest they kill you. There is not too much variety with enemies, but at least there are plenty of them. Some of the pleasantly colourful levels can drag on a bit too long, but fortunately, the game does allow mid-level saving. In between the levels (and sometimes during them), you'll be getting some Max-Payne style narration complete with noir-style images and voice acting, which is both bizarre and amateurish. Frankly, I couldn't help but feel amused at the attempt to make the game feel serious, but I guess that in the end, it does give the game some charm. All in all, a game that I unexpectedly enjoyed a lot.

Full list.
Post edited October 04, 2014 by Grargar
A New Beginning - The Final Cut

Nice point & click adventure game. Kinda easy, or at least I managed to get through it without using a walkthrough, which is not usually the case for me with this genre. Story was all right, and I thought the twist near the end was rather good. But not very well researched - I'm pretty sure nuclear power plants don't explode like nukes when they meltdown, they just spew radiation all over the place; devastating locally, but nothing that would cause a long term affect over a huge area. And some reasoning towards the end was kinda weak. Also at least one plot hole that I noticed.

After hearing awful things about the English voice acting, I didn't even try it - went straight for German voice acting with English subtitles. For the most part the translation seemed all right, except for a few instances where it was obvious that the words were nothing like what was said.

Anyway, I'd recommend this one to adventure fans.

P.S. Does anyone know if the scene that interrupts the Credits is supposed to mean anything?
Post edited October 05, 2014 by kalirion
Normality (4th oct 11:25am)

Its an average adventure game, its a bit too silly for my tastes
Let's update my list:

Metro 2033 Redux (PS4): I already passed it back then when it was released, i decided to buy the PS4 Redux version since it was cheap and my laptop barely run it so i wanted to see how good it was in higher specs than my laptp. Yeah, itis still a great game and the new tweaks made the game even better, my only complain is the voice acting, OH DEAR LORD, the kids voice acting is terrible!!! "Uncle uncle, wake up" and in that "emotional" scene i just burst off laughing.

Stick it to the Man (PS4): I have to be honest, when i've seen this available for ps+ members i was really indiferent to the game since the the art design is not for my taste and i do enjoy adventure games but i prefer with more serious story/gameplay (Gemini rue for example), but i end up enjoying solving the puzzles and accepting the crazy story, but it gets to a point (near the end) where it also gets boring and you just want to finish the game. The controls (gamepad) is also awful, it was a mess trying to select minds to read and some plataforming were also hard to play when being chased.

Steamworld Dig (PC): I started playing this a few days ago, it's a good plataform game, i enjoyed collecting the minerals, sell them and upgrade my stuff, the gameplay is rough early on but it gets better with time (and upgrades) and it's not too long, i passed it in 5 hours (more or less), i hope that they eventually make a sequel but i'm not so sure since they're doing that spin off with turn based combat.

Tiny Barbarian DX (PC): It was a nice surprise, i usually don't go for this 8/16 bits indie games trying hard to sell that awesome experience that i had when i was younger but this one truly was, it's a little too short but there's 2 missing chapters that they will release it for free.

Shadowrun Returns (PC): I loved this game, i didn't played the original one and i recently started playing turn based games so for me it was a great experience but i have to say, the second part of the game (when the jigg is up) is really bad, i prefered investigating who murdered Sam and fighting the normal enemies in that cyberpunk world, i hope that Dragonfall is more like that.

Detective Case and Clown Bot in Murder in the Hotel Lisbon (PC): I really REALLY want to say all kinds of nice stuff about this game but it's really a ninche game made for the portuguese (and older folk at that), not sure how the private jokes in english work but i guess it doesn't have the same effect as in portuguese. It was a little simple and the jokes were a hit/miss situation but i would say that was a time well spent.
Ittle Dew

Fun & funny little block sliding puzzle game with Zelda style combat (the focus is far more on the puzzles, except for the last boss fight.)

Apparently it's possible to get the various items in different order, and to only use any 2 out of 3 to get to beat the game. That's ... above my paygrade.
kalirion: Ittle Dew

Fun & funny little block sliding puzzle game with Zelda style combat (the focus is far more on the puzzles, except for the last boss fight.)

Apparently it's possible to get the various items in different order, and to only use any 2 out of 3 to get to beat the game. That's ... above my paygrade.
Did you try the puzzle dungeon? That thing has some crazy puzzles.