It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: Shadowgrounds Survivor

Performance is bad, I had to lower the graphic settings a bit.
Gameplay, story and level design is worse than in the first part of the series.
The character classes was a good idea badly implemented.
I unlocked a load of stuff in the playthrough, tested one survival level, restarted the game with the electric gun, monochrome-mode, 100 skillpoints and a higher difficulty setting but it was still "meh" and I deleted it.
Yeah, I preferred the first title myself. Only part I really liked about Survivor was the flamethrower dude (his character, not the way he played.)
Enebias: ...
First off, thanks Enebias for playing the game, it makes me very happy when people play their gifts and you're very welcome to participate in any future giveaway I make, for sure!
I try to always play the gifts I get, unfortunately I've only managed to finish 1 out of the 3 gifts I received so far (Bad Mojo) and I'm still working on the other 2 (got stuck in one of them), however I plan on reporting here as soon as I finished them so I can properly say thank you to Gaunathor and MoP who kindly gifted me those 2 games.

I agree that there was no real need for the new control scheme with having to hold down the left mouse button, it felt odd at first but after a while I got used to it. Didn't see it as a big problem but that's personal preference. Why they changed a working system? No idea, but it didn't detract from the fun I had with this game.
Pretty much agree with everything else, glad that you didn't hate the game as so many others did - which is their right of course, but the negative reviews almost made me not try this game and I'm very glad I gave it a chance, absolutely enjoyed it.
Post edited September 25, 2014 by awalterj
Finished The Lego Movie Videogame

I must say I wasn't expecting much:
- movie adpatations in videogames are more than often poor
- this was based on no franchise, it was a new franchise in itself

Boy I was wrong!! I enjoyed it a lot, they clearly did a great job because once I started playing it, I couldn't reasonably play anything else (except MMOs of course). And that, in my book, is what a good game is. ^_^

So, yes, as I completed 100% Lego Batman 2 and am on my way on 100%-ing Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 both on my Vita, I think I'll try to 100% this one too, and after that I'll have no other choice than to 100% the other Lego games I own! ^_^

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
Finished:
Unrest: It was quite a nice game. Or more like a bit of an interaktiv book. Walking around and talking to people is the only thing you do, but it has a good story and by choosing different options in your talks the story changes a bit.

Risen 3: I loved it. Good gameplay, fun quests and dialogues, good story, had no problem with the combat system. I admit I am a fan :D
Finished Anomaly Warzone Earth today. I got it a long time ago in an Indie Royale bundle and didn't expect much of it but it was very fun. It is a reverse tower defense.

Full list here.
Post edited September 26, 2014 by sebarnolds
I played through a lot of 'horror' themed shooters lately...

Wolfenstein (2009)

This game has an incredibly bad reputation and while playing it in the beginning I wondered why. The gunplay is great, killing Nazi's is fun and the 'Vault' stuff is great. So I didn't understood all that critizism at first, cause the game was a lot of fun. Butthen I got a problem with the game and that was the city of Isenstadt. This city is like a hub world, from which you can reach all the missions etc. What annoyed the hell out of me was, that as soon as I re-entered Isenstadt, all killed enemies were alive again and I had to kill them and loose ammo again. It got repitive after a whle and made me a bit annoyed. But besides that, the game was actually much better than people claim it to be. I would recommend it to every shooter fan!

F.E.A.R.

This game is in almost every Top 10 scaries games of all-time list and so I finally wanted to try it out. For starters, the engine has aged quite badly and the characters look like plastic, but still the engine delivers a great atmosphere. The enemy AI is just amazing and maybe still the best ever made for a shooter game. Those suckers gave me a hard time sometimes XD The gunplay was also great and thanks to the 'slow motion' feature, the battles can get a very tactical note. So in total, this is one of the best ego-shooter games out there, not just because of the fighting, but also thanks to very good level design and a great lenght of almost 10 hours. The only thing I was disappointed with, were the hyped horror elements, cause these were very predictable. The ghost girl Alma was always visible in the background and flickering lights always 'warned' me that she might appear soon somewhere. I must confess, that she actually made me jump once, but thanks to those constant warnings I was never really scared. Another problem were the environments, because you only run around in warehouse's and office's, those are NOT scary. Besides that, this is one of the best ego shooter's I've ever played, it just isn't very scary...

F.E.A.R. : Extraction Point

Oh the controversial add-on which wasn't developed by Monolith themselves and so was sub-par in many people's opinions. Well, the gameplay is the same as the main game's, so this is also another great shooter to play. You even get a few new weapons and enemy types and the story picks up right where the main game left off. But this time the level design and environment's were much more interresting. You visit places like a church, church cellar, sewers, metro station etc. The environment is much more interresting and creepy than the main game's one. The scares were also executed much better this time around. Even if people might hate me for that, but I think that this add-on was slightly better than the main game. Highly recommended.

F.E.A.R. : Perseud Mandate

And the 2nd and last add-on to the main game. As great as 'Extraction Point' was, as stupid 'Perseus Mandate' is. The environment has become completely boring, except for that great 'Old Town' part, and also the scares aren't working much anymore. The level design has some more open areas this time, which clearly show the limitations of the engine and were not much fun to look at. The story itself, about another F.E.A.R. team was also quite boring and didn't revelead much for the overall storyline. So yeah, the gameplay is still amazing as ever, but after the main game and Extraction Point is this just a sub-par game. I was very disappointed with this add-on...
Post edited September 26, 2014 by DiShuryou
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, boos and hisses)

I previously played D3 and did not like it at all, even though I'd played it through 2x (witchdoctor and demon hunter). At most, I gave it a 2/5. The loot system was bad, the story ok, no character building, and it just wasn't fun. But then RoS came out and everyone was raving about it. My interest was peaked, and I found it for pretty cheap, so I picked it up.

I'd rate is 3/5 possibly 4/5 depending on how adventure mode turns out, which so far isn't too bad. First, the side quests are interesting and they really open up the companions' backgrounds with fun quest lines. Second, they introduce transmogrification and enchanting. Third, the main quest line is good and it leaves room for either another act or D4 (my guess is both). Finally, I just started playing the new class, Crusader, and he/she is FUN as hell. They have a shield knock back that send enemies flying for yards and it is very satisfying to use.

Con list? If you are going to play, I highly advise you do not start on normal or even hard, as both are pretty easy. Good loot drops way to often, kinda taking the "OMG LEGENDARY!!!" thrill out of it. Plus, either I'm super lucky, or most legendary stuff that drops is specifically for my character.

Do no buy full price for this game, it is not worth $40 USD. I'd wait till at most $20 USD.
Post edited September 27, 2014 by Crewdroog
Wasteland 2
Haven't had so much postapocalyptic isometric RPG fun since Fallout 2 (mind you, had some postapocalyptic shooter RPG fun with New Vegas :)). What can I say - my personal GOTY 2014... even with all those sweet adventure games released around April and May, W2 takes the cake.
Novotnus: Wasteland 2
Haven't had so much postapocalyptic isometric RPG fun since Fallout 2 (mind you, had some postapocalyptic shooter RPG fun with New Vegas :)). What can I say - my personal GOTY 2014... even with all those sweet adventure games released around April and May, W2 takes the cake.
How long did it take? I assume it picks up later in the game?
Austrobogulator: How long did it take? I assume it picks up later in the game?
I guess around 70-80 hours.
It really picks up in Los Angeles. More freedom, more diplomacy \ non-combat problem solving, more plot, interesting factions to deal with.
Atlantis Evolution (27th september 6:54am)

The worse Atlantis game I have played (played all 5).. controls takes time to get used to the story is meh, puzzles are very very very easy but the sound is good (like all the other altanis games). Overal the game is a mess
Eldritch

Finished a run-through of the main mission. Did not collect all the special artifacts (though I did find them), nor get the perfect ending, but did reach the finish. Still have the extra mission to play and the harder mode.

I can recommend this if you want a compact but rich gaming experience. Don't let the simplistic graphics fool you, there is a lot clever happening in this game.

That I stayed up until almost 3 AM to finish it should say something as well. :)
IAmSinistar: Eldritch

Finished a run-through of the main mission. Did not collect all the special artifacts (though I did find them), nor get the perfect ending, but did reach the finish. Still have the extra mission to play and the harder mode.

I can recommend this if you want a compact but rich gaming experience. Don't let the simplistic graphics fool you, there is a lot clever happening in this game.

That I stayed up until almost 3 AM to finish it should say something as well. :)
Yep, it's a pretty good game; the DLC is very good too, although, it's definitely best to farm for items in the first level because it can get extremely hard. I'd also recommend Heavy Bullets if you want something similarish.

I didn't get the good ending either, it seems a little unfun having to walk around with a lot of useless items :|
Austrobogulator: Yep, it's a pretty good game; the DLC is very good too, although, it's definitely best to farm for items in the first level because it can get extremely hard. I'd also recommend Heavy Bullets if you want something similarish.

I didn't get the good ending either, it seems a little unfun having to walk around with a lot of useless items :|
Looking forward to the Mountains Of Madness levels, I wandered into those when initially playing the game before realising they are the add-ons. What I saw looked (and sounded) good. I really like the use of sound in this game. Thanks for the recommendation of Heavy Bullets, I don't think I've checked that out before!

And I agree that it's best to play from the start each time. The first world has the greatest abundance of keys and elder magics to stock up on. The times I tried starting from the second world I just got walloped. Also in my play tonight I found a fountain on just about every level, so I went into the final area with 10 health. So it pays to sneak and explore.

It's going to be a challenge finishing with the holy artifacts, because I've come to rely on the sneak shoes and the revival kit. I don't know that I can get to the end without those. But whether I do or not, I've had fun with it already.